You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "becjay151" started this thread

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: none

Monday, January 11th 2010, 11:18am

treatment in austrailia

hi girls, just wondered if someone had any info on treatments in austrailia, me and my partner have been ttc for 6yrs au natural, 6x clomid cycles and are waiting for referal for ivf at the mo, we were thinking of having a year out and going travelling in austrailia perhaps next year and i just wondered if anyone new if we decided to stay there how we would go about treatments?

thanks x x
starsmileBecky x x

Reg: May 28th 2009

Monday, January 11th 2010, 11:32am

Hi,

I'm from Australia so can help a little, although I never went through the process.

I would say, if you made the decision to live there I would say get on to Medicare - Australia's equivalent to the NHS. While you have to pay for your treatment upfront, you get reimbursed for the majority of the fees.

If you went privately the costs are around $6,000 - $9,000.

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Monday, January 11th 2010, 12:01pm

I doubt that this is much help, but I went to Oz just after getting my BFP and I arranged to have my first scan in Sydney. I went to the Sydney Ultrasound for Women which was close to Darling Harbour. I had to have a referral from a GP (which my hotel concierge arranged!) and I paid privately. I noticed that there was also an IVF clinic in the building called Sydney IVF. It looked like it was connected to the Ultrasound clinic and all I can say is that they had top quality equipment and seemed to know exactly what they were doing.

If you are willing to pay privately I expect that you can just phone and make an appointment. They will probably need to see a letter from your GP or whoever is treating you at the moment.

Good luck and enjoy Oz. It was wonderful.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Reg: Aug 28th 2009

Children: Emily nearly 11, (going on 18 bless her)!!

Monday, January 11th 2010, 4:56pm

IVF Australia

Hi Becjay151,

Not sure about IVF in Oz, (I assume that is not a problem), but should you have to consider ED for any reason, donation is not anonymous. We actually have patients from Oz going thru treatment at the 2 centres that we work with.

Best wishes

Ruthiebabe
For any help and advice on treatment abroad please see my website: www.ivftreatmentabroad.com

**Admin note - Readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

sr2

Reg: Jul 16th 2009

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 11:15pm

Hi am from Oz, Ruthie's right about ED, we had to go o/seas for anonymous donor.

Re IVF, you can find out costs on websites google IVF Australia, IVF Sydney they're the two main ones, there's other smaller clinics also but don't know success rates.

Re medicare - the system has just changed for 2010 and you can't get as much back as you used to & i've heard that the ivf clinic's business has reduced significantly this year because of this.

hope this helps.