You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ALI BIRD" started this thread

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Wednesday, April 30th 2008, 1:35pm

Weight gain while down regging

Hey ladies

I know this is a bit silly, as it does not matter in the long run but has anybody found they have gained weight while down regging?

I have managed to loose 22lbs so far this year on weight watchers and started Suprecor nasal spray on Monday, I went to my class last night and found that I have gained 1lb. I know it's not a lot but I have had a really good week and have been steadily loosing 1-2lbs per week, so I wondering if the medication makes any difference.

I suppose I am just surprised as I wouldn't have thaught it would make any difference so soon.

Believe me, I do not mind putting a bit of weight back on for the tx as hopefully it will mean getting my dream at the end but I just want to know what to expect.

Cheers

xxx

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Reg: Jul 17th 2007

Wednesday, April 30th 2008, 1:37pm

I put weight on whilst on Buserlin (DR).... I found myself to be hungry quite alot...

I then did Stimming and found i wasnt as hungry and now im on 2WW, im hungry again, although not put any weight on as yet....

Try not to worry... I do think its the drugs!

x
me 38 DH 45 - unexplained infertility and ttc for 4 years ,Mar 07 -Missed m/c
4 attempts at Clomid - BFN (Jun , Jul, Aug, and Nov 07)

Apr 08 - ICSI - BFN
Oct 08 - ICSI - BFP

Baby boys born on 29-May-09

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Wednesday, April 30th 2008, 2:35pm

Hi Ali, it's not silly, it was similar for me. After DR-ing for only a few days I went to weight-watchers and found I'd only lost 0.1kg. I was fairly gutted as I'd only needed 0.2 to get my first 3kg star. The following week it went up, and I just thought 'sod it' scoffed loads of choc over Easter and just stopped going to WW. My weight steadily went up, then during the 2ww it just dropped back down. I went to WW after my BFN (which of course you WONT be getting) and in the end I'd only gained 1kg (2.2lb) over 6 weeks. So any weight gain is probably not 'real' weight gain, therefore nothing to be disappointed about.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Wednesday, April 30th 2008, 3:09pm

Thanks Claire & Claddagh,

I was just a bit dissapointed that after having a good week and sticking to it religiously that I had gained but am happy that it is part of the tx journey - bring it on!

xxx

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Wednesday, April 30th 2008, 11:23pm

Hi Ali

Yep I also put weight on. It's more about fluid retention than actual "weight" though.

Good luck hun!

:D

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

SarahV

Superstar

• "SarahV" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: One on the way, yippee

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 8:21am

Ali, I put on weight too. I think it's just unfortunately one of those side effects.

I hope it doesn't worry you too much - once you get your BFP there's going to be a lot of weight gain :happy:

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 10:24am

My weight's been fluctuating a lot since d/r and stims, but I've definitely been eating more (in particular the urge to snack) and wanting to drink more water.

I agree that the weight fluctuation is probably more to do with bloating and water retention than fat gain. I'd say that I'm probably metabolising much faster than usual because I am always so tired.

Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet and a good PMA is the most important thing during this time!

:)
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 11:02am

Hi Ali

First of all clap clap on losing 22lbs this year ! [zx052]

My experience is that yes I've put on weight in my past tx's. Whether that by over-eating...the drugs...or what I couldn't say but certainly on my second and this one, I'm trying to be more active than normal and hopefully <<touch wood>> it will help to keep the weight off.

xxxxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 1:13pm

I put on 6lbs during my tx, am pretty sure it was just water, as it all came off afterwards even though I ate a LOT during 2ww (mars bar rice crispie cakes for a starter!!!) and got a bfp too, so its gradually coming back on now, I guess its about being sensible during all the drugs etc and knowing in yourself if you pigged out too much!!!

Oh and 22lbs off, amazing, well done!!

C
xx
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 1:24pm

Thanks all you lovely ladies for the support.

Water retention would certainly make sense as I have always drank about 1-2 litres per day but I KNOW I haven't cheated or been naughty on the food.

Like I say, I really don't mind but if it something I am doing wrong on my diet then I could address it but if it's just the drugs, no problem. I have been doing the core plan which basicaly means fresh fruit/veg, lean meats, wholemeal pasta/rice and potatoes and the odd weight watchers treat :snigger:

Actually, I lost 21lb after gaining 1lb this week so still have another 7.5 to go. It's all in aid of TTC anyway as am aiming to bet my BMI to 21.5.

Thanks again

xxx

Reg: Feb 16th 2008

Children: TTC child no 1 hoping for BFP 08

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 1:52pm

:bye: AliB

Sorry I can't comment as I haven't started my TX journey yet but didn't want to read and run without saying well done on losing all that weight and :goodluck: I have everything crossed for you.

Take care blowkiss

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 2:53pm

I out wieght on during IVF process (about 3 pounds) although I kept going to the gym while D/R which I think kept it less than it could have been.

Once on the 2WW and BFP I lost it all and am now 1lb lighter than I was before I started tx.

I think the drugs make you want carbs!!
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 3:29pm

RE: Weight gain while down regging

Hi Ali,

I think I'm more bloated around the stomach area and have been craving carbs alot. Like yourself, I am eating loads of fruit and veg and trying to drink as much as I can.

I started weight watchers last May and went from 14 stones to 10 st 10 lbs. In the past few weeks , I put on about 8 lbs which I'm trying to lose again before stims. What has made it harder is the stopping smoking part.........I think I might be turning into a nun! :angel2:

Angels&babies,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

What's Up?
Finally I'm a mummy!

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 10:23am

Did anyone gain weight whilst D/R with Suprecur?

Hi,

Am due to start D/R on the 23rd of December and will be injecting daily with Suprecur. In order to start ICSI I have had to work very hard to lose weight and have currently managed almost 2 and a half stone but am now worrying that some of these drugs I am going to have to fill my body with may cause weight gain. I know that ultimately there will be plenty of weight gain if we achieve our dream of becoming PG :smile: so some may think I shouldn't be worrying. However losing weight really has been a mega battle for me and I just wanted to feel mentally prepared for seeing the scales go up instead of down on my weekly weigh ins!

Did anyone here notice weight gain even though they continued to eat as they had before?

Thanks!

TTC since 2007

PCOS/High ATA's/MF issues/Immune issues/Hidden C+

ICSI 1 :BFN:
ICSI 2 :BFP: mmc
ICSI 3 :BFN:
DICSI 4 :BFP: chem pg
DFET 5 :BFN:
DICSI 6 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DICSI 7 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DFET 8 (Immune protocol) :BFP: : D
Finally blessed with a beautiful :girl: on 28.11.15, 8Ib 12

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 10:56am

Hi Claire,
The affect of any of the IVF drugs on weight is very small, if there is any affect at all. Not many medications actually change your metabolism.
(During the later stages of stims, you may gain a few pounds from bloating/retaining fluids).
HOWEVER! I'd say weight gain is common in IVF because it is such a stressful time, and your routine changes - more traveling, more resting etc.
If you manage to keep hold of your current lifestyle as much as possible, don't eat rubbish because you are hanging around at the clinic for example, you should be fine.
Hope that helps, and a massive congratulations to you on your weight loss!
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

What's Up?
Finally I'm a mummy!

Saturday, December 12th 2009, 2:11pm

Thanks Mavis! :smile:

Am hoping to keep to my diet just the same as I am now if I can help it!

TTC since 2007

PCOS/High ATA's/MF issues/Immune issues/Hidden C+

ICSI 1 :BFN:
ICSI 2 :BFP: mmc
ICSI 3 :BFN:
DICSI 4 :BFP: chem pg
DFET 5 :BFN:
DICSI 6 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DICSI 7 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DFET 8 (Immune protocol) :BFP: : D
Finally blessed with a beautiful :girl: on 28.11.15, 8Ib 12

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Claire Bear" (Dec 12th 2009, 2:12pm)

Reg: May 7th 2009

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 10:30pm

Hi

i was on buserlin and then gonal f. maybe i pigged out more or something, but ive put on 7 pounds! im starting my 2nd cycle next week, and i really hope i dont put on extra weight again!
Me - 30 DH - 32
6 * Clomid - Nov 2008 - Apr 2009 - BFN
1st IVF/ ICSI - Sept 09 / Oct 2009- BFN
2nd IVF/ICSI & A/H - Dec/Jan 10 - BFN
3rd IVF/ICSI -May/Jun 10 - EC but no ET
4th IVF/ICSI - Jan/Feb 11 - BFN
5th IVF/ICSI/Blasto - June 11 - BFP

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Monday, January 4th 2010, 10:23pm

Weight Gain During Treatment

Has anyone else had problems with gaining weight as a result of treatment? Each cycle I seem to have put on another 1/2 stone! I have been fortunate and never had problems with my weight before and never had to consider a diet. I am now 1 1/2 stone over my ideal weight and am about to start another cycle.

Is this just happening to me?

I am now starting to walk and going to TRY to cut back on chocolate. Hopefully this will help and bring my weight down.
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 2:08pm

Hi, I think putting on weight is common. Not only are you taking lots of hormones, but you're encouraged to be less active. My clinic actually advised to put on weight, so it may not be such a bad thing! I guess it's about getting the right balance. I'd ask at your clinic if you're concerned. Best wishes, Cathy
Cathy

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: One beautiful baby girl born on Christmas Day 2010

Monday, February 8th 2010, 1:30pm

Weight Gain

Hi there devchick,
your not alone with the weight gain. Since we first started tx around this time last year I have put on a stone, and I am not looking forward to potentially putting on anymore weight. I am like you and have never had a problem with my weight. Cathy is right I think its normal too and unfortunately just another part of the cycle. I just try and continue to go to the gym as much as my body lets me and tell myself that I will have to spend an hour on the cross-trainer to burn the chocolate bar off that I want to eat. But sometimes, you have to have a little treat, I mean its compensation for what your going through right! :D
Me (33) DH (34) LSC 2 x ICSI and 1 FET (09) - all BFN's!
ICSI MAR/APRIL 10 - BFP!!!! :happy: First scan 11/05 - saw the [zx076]
Dating scan 15/06/10 - Our gorgeous baby girl arrived on Christmas Day 2010 xx

Reg: May 28th 2009

Friday, February 19th 2010, 2:08pm

Hi everyone - I am really interested to hear all thoughts re: treatments and weight gain.

I am about to start treatment in a few weeks and I do not want to gain any unnecessary weight. I spent a year losing three stone and exercise at least four times a week, so don't want to have to go back to square one.

I know side effects are different for everyone, but would I still be able to run during treatment - obviously not after ET or course? Will I have less energy generally?

I am thinking I might have to be strong against the need for 'comfort' food and instead of selecting a Mars bar, biting in to an apple instead.

I know if the treatment was successful, then I will encourage weight gain, but I don't want to be obese again.

palmer

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 8:03pm

weight gain

Hello.

i had egg collection today.

it is so difficult to stay possitive.

i am 40.

this is my second cycle of ivf/icsi.

on top of this......i have put on one stone, so not liking myself to much.

has this happened to any one else?

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 3:25pm

Was the weight gain very sudden, and do you think it's due to over-eating?

If there is no clear explanation for the weight gain, are you very bloated in your tummy following EC? It's possible you're carrying round a lot of excess fluid from the stimms? How many eggs were collected?

If they collected lots of eggs and you can't explain the weight gain in terms of your diet, it might be worth calling your clinic as you might be suffering a little from OHSS - I had to weigh myself daily when I had it to check the fluid retention.

However, if it's to do with diet, I'm not sure what you're asking really...

Hope all is well.

TTC#1 since Dec 06, PCOS
IVF#1 2009 - 3xSET (blasts) - 3xBFN
IgG cardiolipins and Lupus antibodies, MTHFR heterozygous
IVF#2 2010 - 2 blasts, BFP 1/6/10, secondary OHSS
[zx076] 18/6/10 at 6+4!
On Metformin 4x500mg, Clexane 80mg, Aspirin 75mg, B12 3x50mcg
Gestational diabetes (diet controlled)
Elizabeth born prematurely on 25/11/10 at 29+3, weighing 3lbs

Reg: Jan 23rd 2010

Thursday, November 4th 2010, 9:34pm

Weight gain during ivf

Hi just wondered if anybody has gained weight during ivf. My stomach is bloated and my breasts are very sore. Is this normal?
Thanks
Bethany

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Thursday, November 4th 2010, 10:03pm

HI Bethany,

Yes hunny from experience that is perfectly normal - not so much gaining weight as such but the bloatedness and tenderness is all part of it - sorry xx Where abouts are you up to?

Good luck

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

Kay*

Reg: Oct 7th 2010

Thursday, November 4th 2010, 10:37pm

Hi Bethany - unfortunately yes - you do gain weight during this process - as Rico has said it is more bloatedness around the tum. I put on about 8lbs during the process - i'm now in the final days of the 2ww and my tum has gone down a good bit - but I can still only fit into two pairs of trousers (so leggings all the way!!)

All the best

K
Me 33; DH33

First IVF; BFP Oct 2010; M/c at 6 weeks

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, November 4th 2010, 10:40pm

Hi Bethany,

Yes i got very bloated whilst having tx and very tender breast. i found wearing a sports bra helped and also like Kay said - leggins are good. Good luck with your treatment xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Reg: Jan 23rd 2010

Friday, November 5th 2010, 6:50am

Thanks everyone at least this is normal. I am due to o for transfer on sun which will be day 5.
Thank you for all your advice
Bethany

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 8:08pm

blowkiss Hey hun i found when i was DR on Bruserlin i put some weight on,but it was more bloating than anything. Put on about 3/4 lbs,but think not doing my usual excercise didn't help. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 8:44pm

Hi everyone

A bit of an update from me following earlier post. Following failed thaw in May we have been changing a clinic and getting immunuology tests done so I've had no ivf drugs since May. I have now lost 1 stone and feel TONS better! I know I'll put weight back on when I restart treatment but it is good to know once you give your body a rest the drug side-effect of weight gain does appear to disappear and my metabolism reset to pre-treatment.

Good luck everyone.
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE