You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Chocci

• "Chocci" started this thread

Reg: Jan 3rd 2010

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 12:42pm

Petition to STOP the IVF/ICSI Postcode Lottery in the UK

Hi Girls

I found this petition running on number 10 website. It takes 2 seconds to sign. Please sign it to try get the govt to give everyone a fair chance at having a baby.

Infertility is the only medical condition other than cosmetic surgery that is not totally FREE on NHS in the UK. You can smoke or over eat and be treated for FREE!!! However, by no fault of your own, you can have a medical problem which means you have to endure the pain of infertility, both emotionally and financially!! This is totally wrong and needs changing!! Many people cannot afford to pay for any treatments and get only 1 chance at a baby while others get 3, that is not fair! IVF should not be a postcode lottery!!

Lets start the change now by getting our anger noted by the people who can change the policies!!

Please sign the petition and if possible get anyone you know to sign the petition which i know is hard as many of us dont tell many people about our problems.

The best thing we can do is post this link in our journals, and on any other forums or places we can think of to build awareness for it and get as many to sign it as possible.

Here is to many BFPs in 2010 and a government policy change for fairer chance at IVF.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/freeivficsi/

***** Note ******
If you have signed a petition that has reached more than 500 signatures by the time it closes, you will be sent a response from the Government by email.

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 3:36pm

Hi hun

One of our members already set up a petition about the postcode lottery last year.

Here is the thread, please sign this petition to end the postcode lottery

This is the governments response last year, it will be interesting to see if they change their response to your new petition.

Thursday 4 June 2009
FUNDINGIVF - epetition response
We received a petition asking:

“We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to bring in the NICE guideline which states 3 cycles of IVF.”

Details of Petition:

“At the present time there is a postcode lottery throughout the UK regarding NHS funding for IVF. The NICE guideline 2004 states that couple should have 3 cycles of IVF to get the best success, it is now 4 years later and the majority of the UK is not bring in these guidelines that many couples need. Eastern England will from April be funding 3 cycles of IVF if you meet the criteria . Lets stop this postcode lottery!.”

· Read the petition
· Petitions homepage

Read the Government’s response
The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) fertility guideline was published in February 2004. When NICE recommended the provision of up to three cycles of IVF for eligible patients, both NICE and Ministers recognised that this could not be implemented immediately. However, Ministers do expect the NHS to make steady progress towards the implementation of the guideline.

To help the NHS in England to move forward to more equitable provision, we have a programme of work underway to improve the way IVF services are provided. The Department of Health is funding the leading fertility patient support organisation, Infertility Network UK, to work with the NHS to identify and share best practice in the provision of IVF. It is important that Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) take account of the opinions of patients when assessing the need for fertility services.

Infertility Network UK is also developing social access criteria to help PCTs develop a standardised approach across the country for deciding which couples are provided with NHS treatment. The criteria are currently being discussed with the expert group on commissioning NHS infertility provision, which we established last year, and which is working on a commissioning guide for fertility services.

The Department of Health monitors IVF provision across England, and is currently seeking up-to-date information on provision in all PCTs.

Good luck hun and I hope you get your BFP soon.

xxx

Reg: Dec 22nd 2007

Children: Hoping so soon!

Thursday, January 7th 2010, 8:16pm

Done xx

Calypso

Superstar

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 6:32pm

Done.

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Thursday, January 21st 2010, 8:23am

signed.

Reg: Dec 2nd 2009

Children: Homerton

Thursday, January 21st 2010, 3:11pm

signed. x

Reg: Jan 12th 2010

Thursday, January 21st 2010, 6:46pm

Signed!!
The whole situation makes me so so so angry! I was thinking about startin a facebook campaign to get loads of people to sign it! Has anyone tried that before?
Stephanie xx

Reg: Jul 6th 2009

Children: 1 DS born 11/10/10, 2nd baby due Feb 13

Saturday, January 23rd 2010, 12:31am

Signed x X x

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 3:24pm

Signed

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 1:22pm

Me, DH, mum and dad have all signed x

Reg: Jan 12th 2010

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 8:24pm

Realised that was a silly idea as I don't want my full friends list to know about such personal stuff. I was just having one of those moments when I was sooooo annoyed about the whole situation lol! Got all my close friends and family to sign it though!! xx

• "I'm hopeful" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 13th 2008

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 1:27pm

Got 10 to sign so far, will keep going......

hjp

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, February 8th 2010, 4:37pm

Hi there,

I just signed up - hope we get there.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE