You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Melcxx" started this thread

Reg: Apr 10th 2008

Friday, January 1st 2010, 8:57pm

3 Day Preparation Course

Happy new year 2 eveyone hope 2010 be a good year for us all xfingers xfingers

We are going on the 3 day adoption preparation course in few wks and was wondering if adviseus of what to expect xxx
Me 30 DH 34
Me Endo & sluggish tubes DH ok
IVF Nov 07 BFN,
ICSI Apr 08 BFP Heartbeat 7wks mmc 9 wks,
ICSI Aug 08 BFP mc 5 weeks,
ICSI Feb 09 BFN
ICSI June 09 BFN

Friday, January 1st 2010, 9:11pm

Och wouldnt let me edit post for some reason so above one should say "Has anyone any advice on what to expect on the 3 day adoption preparation course we are going on in few weeks" Any advice or information would be appreciated as so unsure what to expect xx
Me 30 DH 34
IVF Nov 07 BFN,
ICSI Feb 09 BFN
ICSI June 09 BFN

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, January 4th 2010, 5:52pm

prep course info

Hi Mel

2nd time lucky ... I typed a huge reply andtried to back space one word and it deleted it all X(

Anyway Happy New year to you .

Our prep course was over 4 days over a 3 week period. There were approximately 18 people in the sessions, mainly couples and a few single adopters. The 4 days covered every single element of the adoption journey, from thinking about it to being matched and the aftercare support.

Some of the topics covered were really heart wrenching but it did give us the background and neccessary information in order to make the decision " was adoption right for us?" Every element of the process was covered in detail, all the high points and indeed the low ones, quite a daunting experience but invaluable. Lots of The group work which was brilliant , since then ( 18 months ago) we have built many friendships and now having had our gorgeous daughter with us nearly 6 months it truly has been an amazing journey.

Please feel free to PM me any time with any question or ask here..

Good luck mel

Marlene

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 4:07pm

Thanks for your reply Marlene. How long did it take from your preparation course until panel? How long after approval was your daughter placed with you? Was the course all just sitting listening or was there some practical elements?? So many questions ha! It so bad stow hear any the course is 2 hrs journey away from u s. I so hope it not cancelled as really want the journey to start.

XX
Me 30 DH 34
IVF Nov 07 BFN,
ICSI Feb 09 BFN
ICSI June 09 BFN

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• "Tinkerbell09" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: LWH

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 2:32pm

Hi Mel me and my dh start our training on the 26th & 27th of this month and then back in feb ours is a 4 day course - i have a lot of questions to ask like yourself lol i think i will read marlenes diary this will give us the answers to our questions :smile: xx

Marlene

Monday, January 11th 2010, 9:53pm

Thanks for your reply Marlene. How long did it take from your preparation course until panel?

Hi Mel, We attended prep courses May/June 2008 and was approved to be adopters Feb 09 ( we did have a 2 month break as we got married in between)

How long after approval was your daughter placed with you? After being approved to be able to adopt, we started looking at childrens profiles and we were linked to our darling in may 09( shortlisted from 100 Applicants), matching panel was June 09 and we met our daughter July 09, so all in all 1yr 2 months from prep course to being a mummy

Was the course all just sitting listening or was there some practical elements?? So many questions ha! It so bad stow hear any the course is 2 hrs journey away from u s. I so hope it not cancelled as really want the journey to start. We were quite an interactive group and we have made some fab friends who some now have their son/ or daughters

Hope that helps :smile:

XX

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 4:20pm

3 day prep course

Thanks Tinkerbelle & Marlene

Course done and dusted. Found it very informative and was so many nice people on it. We have all left our emails with the social work for her to forward us all copies so hopefully we will keep in touch with them. Learnt some scary things and made us think about things were never even thought about. Hasnt put us off thought and have contacted the social worker already. Think i should really start a diary because there isnt many adoption diaries on here and i know how i was hunting through the few there was.

Maybe start it next month as soo busy at work this month. Roll on february xx
Me 30 DH 34
IVF Nov 07 BFN,
ICSI Feb 09 BFN
ICSI June 09 BFN

Marlene

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 7:27pm

Hi mel

So lad your course went well, did you do lots of syndicate work and having to deliver on a flip to the rest of the group... Ienjoyed those.

Would you like me to change this thread into your diary ? Let me know hun

x Good luck for the start of your journey

parteepartee

Reg: Jul 22nd 2008

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 7:38pm

clap So glad you found this course useful! We will hopefully be going on ours soon. Will be good to exchange notes.

Speak soon xxx

TTC 5 years
May 2008 - 1st ICSI cycle :BFN:
August 2008 - 2nd ICSI cycle :BFN:
April 2009 - 3rd ICSI cycle :BFN:

November 2009 - Now we are on the journey to adopt

babydust to you all xxxxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE