You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SE22

• "SE22" started this thread

Reg: Dec 27th 2009

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 8:42am

Bristol for IVF (privately)

hello - anyone got any recent feedback on IVF in Bristol? We do have experience of IVF clinics in London - generally very good but can be waiting for scans/see nurses for an hour or more. Also interested in the time it takes from being referred to having the treatment.
Thanks

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Monday, December 28th 2009, 5:28pm

Hi and welcome to FZ :D

I started treatment this time last year at bristol and have nothing but good things to say about them. They have a policy whereby no-one is kept waiting more than 20 minutes beyond their appointment time and apart from one occasion when we were being seen by the consultant they held their word. The receptionists also check periodically too to make sure, which was fab.

My own experience was that I was referred for treatment mid-sept 2008 and was seen for the initial consultation 17th Oct. After that there were a few more forms to fill out, before getting a planning appointment with our named nurse on 4th Dec. Treatment started on my cycle day 19 which was 23rd Dec. I was NHS funded so am not sure if there were any delays due to that factor.

Here's a link to the Bristol thread that I think you'll find useful: Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine

Sadie is just starting her treatment at the moment I'm sure she'd be only too happy to share her experiences with you, being slightly more recent than mine as well as being self-funding.

If you'd like to, pop along and introduce yourself in the newbies board so you don't get overlooked: http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…oard&boardID=60 It's a good way of meeting others on the forum (we're a friendly bunch : D )

:xxx3:

Moonshine

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE