You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "MissPurple" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 9:02am

When to BD?! - Am I doing this right?!

Cd4 for me today , 3rd round of clomid 50mg. 2 BFN's and a niggling question of "When is it the right time to BD - and am I hitting the right days...am I doing this right?"
Before I started on Clomid I never had regular cycles, I can't pinpoint the exact day I ovulate and I just want to make sure I'm doing all that I can..

So, back to basics here, my first round with taking clomid 50mg cycle was 28 days... BD'd cd 10, 12 , 14 and 15. BFN
2nd round was 31 days...BD'd every day from cd 8 to 16. BFN

Some people say to 'go at it like rabbits'... others say 'the boys need time to rest'...so every other day...

My consultant at clinic never told me .. and I know this might sound very dim of me to a lot of you, sorry.

I've never been pg before and just wanting the niggling question to be a little less niggly :P

Any comments more than welcome :yes:

x
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 9:13am

Definitely every other day, not every day - but are you not being tracked? Your consultant will give you a much clearer idea of ovulation time, so you maximise your chances. Have you had your day 21 results back from your first two cycles?

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 9:55am

I agree - ever other day during the week or so around ovulation. If you're not sure when this is then I'd go for around day 8 to day 18 to cover all bases. There isn't a 'magic' day so don't worry about that. Like Eeyore says you really need to know though whether the clomid is helping you ovulate. If you're not then the timings become irrelevant.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "MissPurple" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 10:17am

Thankyou, much appreciated!

Eeyore - I was only tracked for my first round at 50mg - I 'appeared to have ovulated' between cd 13 and 16 (transvaginal ultrsound on cd 13 (follies ready to go) and cd 16 (follies no longer)) and my cd21 progesterone came back at 70. I had a cd24 progesterone too which came back at 60.

Bubble - I was told that I responded well to the doseage given, so to carry on at the same dose .. given 2 more lots of tablets .. and a follow up appt was given for 30/12/09. I think I'm going to use your 8 - 18 every other day method for this round. :D

By the 30th Dec it will be too early to know if i'm lucky enough to be pg "3rd time lucky" but I will be asking her the same question.
There was no mention of being tracked for any of the following months based on the outcome of the 1st month.

XX
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, December 19th 2009, 4:37pm

Hiya,

I'm with bubble on the 8 - 18. I bd'd as soon as AF stopped until it reappeared again, every other day!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE