You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Jessica80" started this thread

Reg: Dec 4th 2009

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 2:52pm

What a load of balls some studies are

according to a study smarter men produce better sperm. http://www.livescience.com/health/090109-smarter-men.html

Honestly it's badly written articles like the one above that contribute to the stigma attatched to male infertility. In my opinion, although I haven't read any further into the actual study, is that this is a load of rubbish. My husband has 2 degrees in very difficult subjects and is in a profession that needs brains. He has never smoked, drank or done drugs and is one of the smartest people I know so go figure. How many dosy blokes do you see with loads of kids. Won't even go into the likes that end up on Jeremy Kyle...

I know that it'll be done as an average or a percentage but the way the article is written rather than the study made me quite angry and I needed a moan.It was tweeted out of the blue. People do still think that only weedy, stupid men have fertility problems and when someone who hasn't ever read anything about sperm health or infertility they'll scan things like this and subconciously add it to their stigma bank. It's very unfair. :angry:

Ok. Rant over :whistling:

(not sure if this belongs here or if there's a rant section somewhere. Move if it's wrong. I'm a newbie still :) )
ICSI May 2008 BFP Missed miscarriage/Blighted ovum ;(
ICSI Feb 2009 No embryos.
ICSI Feb 2010

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jessica80" (Dec 15th 2009, 2:52pm) with the following reason: Added.

• "Jessica80" started this thread

Reg: Dec 4th 2009

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 2:55am

Hi, I posted this when I was mad. I'd had little sleep and was having one of those sensitive days. So when I saw the article I took it personal. Not usually so ranty so sorry about that.
Also, it's dawned on me what I put as the title. It wasn't meant to be a joke.

Hope it didn't offend anyone. xx
ICSI May 2008 BFP Missed miscarriage/Blighted ovum ;(
ICSI Feb 2009 No embryos.
ICSI Feb 2010

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:47pm

I can see what you mean, hardly the best piece of journalism ever.

We all need to vent sometimes, I can't imagine you've offended anyone.

S :xxx:
PCOS and Azoo, what to do? Adopt smile2

Saffy's Diary