You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Lisa_z" started this thread

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Children: substitue child Hari (cav king charles spaniel)

Friday, November 27th 2009, 6:17pm

one overy and suffer with cysts

I only have one ovary im 33 yo and suffer with cysts ((other ovary was removed 2004 due to 7inch x 9 inch cyst :bawl:) so not sure what protocol that I would be on anyone have any ideas?

1st ICSI Feb 2010 4+6 cell OTD 12/03/10 :BFN:
2nd, FET Feb 2011 13+8 cell OTD 24/02/11 :BFN:
3rd, FET March 2011 2+4 cell OTD 19/03/11 :BFN:
4th ICSI August 2011 6+4 cell OTD 0710/11 :BFN:
thats it for me now unless I can will £10,000 on the lottery and have a big operation to remove fallopian tube nether going to happen :-( .
whats to live for?

Lisa's Diary

kimtia

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Hopefully one day.......

Saturday, November 28th 2009, 9:07pm

RE: one overy and suffer with cysts

Lisa, so sorry to hear you only have one ovary but you still have eggs so that's a great start. Some ladies have both ovaries but only respond on one and still get great results so stay positive.

If it was me I would ask for a short protocol with ICSI but you need to speak with your cons as they really are the experts.

Wishing you all the best xx

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 3:25pm

hi hun (we've spoken on the north West Fertility threads)

I only have my right ovary and a tiny bit of a left ovary and no tubes, due to surgery to remove peritoneal cysts and adhesions.

I've had 5 IVF cycles (3 have been bfp) which saw my remaining ovary doing an ok job for me! I even managed to get an egg out of my tiny piece of an ovary.

The body is an amazing machine and your treatment should still work with one ovary. It would depend on what your cysts are caused by and various other tests to monitor hormones as to what tx protocol would be used on you. You are after all a spring chicken in the IVF world and would be expected to respond fairly well.

Have they suggested AMH tests as well as FSH ? Do you have a named consultant yet? If you want to PM me then please do!

:xxx:

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 6:11pm

Hi Kimtia thank you for your reply yep trying to stay positive but still unsure how they are going to do this with one ovary with a cyst on it ?(

Hiya Chatterbox.
I only have my right ovary too and a right tube but serverly dammaged not any use unfortunately :sadface:

sounds like you seem to be managing with most of the treatment ok getting bfp's

verry stickky baby dust by the way.

I have been told the cysts are folecure? and nothing bad and that I would need to be monitored so the doctor has sent me to LWH to have IVF as they said it would be the best place for me.
I havn't had that many tests compared to some women on here as it was really obvious what the problem was by the state of my insides when the left hand cyst/ovary/tube was removed and everything else was ether squashed including womb kidney and stomach or was covered in adhesions.

I am so scared and so excited about ivf its been years to get to this point

I have had bloods done for FSH, L(something) and think iv had the AMH when i went for the day 3 bloods after patient info evening along with rubella and other ones think hiv etc.

We have our appointment to discuss the treatment on the 10th of Dec but cant wait now. and as for consultant I haven't got a clue yet lol nobody's told me anything feel bit in the dark lol.
I have learnt more off here and reading a book on IVF than what the LWH have told me lol.

I was just wondering what protocols other women with one ovary were on? to try work out what i would perhaps be on to work out timings for stuff as im trying to keep my life as normal as possible through this treatment.

thats it for me now unless I can will £10,000 on the lottery and have a big operation to remove fallopian tube nether going to happen :-( .
whats to live for?

Lisa's Diary

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Monday, November 30th 2009, 2:07pm

Follicular cysts generally disappear on their own, in some cases they fail to disappear and continue to grow and that's when they're removed. What may happen on your IVF cycle if you do get a cyst, is you could have it drained prior to commencing stimms (I had this twice). This draining would occur if you do long protocol).

Buserilin, which is used to down reg on long protocols, can occasionally cause cysts on the ovaries, so for this reason they may treat you using the short protocol, which uses stimulation only and a drug to stop you ovualting.

Your AMH isn't a free blood test, as its currently not standard practice in IVF (although i dare say it will be one day soon), so if you haven't paid for it you probably haven't had it done! :smile: (It costs about £70).
This will give an indication of your follicular reserve and likely egg quality. Now I say an indicator as women within "normal" range can still find it hard to conceive and women with sub optimal levels can get pregnant.

If you haven't been assigned a consultant yet, ask for Mr Luciano Nardo. He is amazing and a gift from the heavens in my humble opinion!!

In essence from start to finish the long protocol can take about 4 weeks to egg collection and short protocol about 2 weeks. All dependent on your start date and response.

Hope that hasn't confused you! :D

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Monday, November 30th 2009, 8:15pm

Oh hun thanks for explaning things
In that case no i havnt had the AMH one as haven't paid anything everything has been on NHS so far.
Im so glad that they can do something about cysts as think I have another now (I have the pains) im sooo used to them it seems to be every 3- 4 months I get them :sadface:

I guess I just have to wait and see what protocol Im been given on the 10th, will let you know when I find out :D

whats to live for?

Lisa's Diary

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 11:02pm

Well I have found out today that im on the long protocol and having ICSI :D

We had our main appointment today so had quite a few questions answered and feel a whole lot better about things. :D

whats to live for?

Lisa's Diary

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 7:27pm

Hi Lisa

I only have one ovary like you as had other removed due to a dermoid cyst which was benign. I had my AMH test done a fortnight ago on the NHS at GRI and have just received in the post today an appmt to go see them 24th Feb 2010 to discuss what treatment we're starting and the results of my AMH test!! I did try phoning for my blood results but they wouldn't give me it over the phone for data protection but said suffice it to say that if the results came back unsatisfactory then we wouldn't be proceeding further. Phew [zx187] Not sure if i'll be short or long cycle like you but guess i'll find out next month. :smile:

lotsa babydust all round .... x

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE