You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

YogiBear

• "YogiBear" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: Winterborne

Friday, November 27th 2009, 5:44pm

Horses and ICSI

Does anyone else have horses ?( I have three and wonder how they and I will be affected by ICSI treatment

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, November 27th 2009, 5:58pm

Hi Yogi

I know that SammySue has horses and has is about to give birth any day now after IVF. She has a diary but unfortunately you aren't able to read that yet, until you've made 25 posts or become an FZ Friend (the two buttons at the top of the forum 'what is an FZ Friend' and 'Make a Donation' explain)

I am sure she won't mind if you drop her a pm though

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Friday, November 27th 2009, 8:30pm

Hi Yogibear
Yep Eeyore's right i have horses too and am due to have my baby next fri :-)
I didn't find that having horses and doing tx was too much of a problem - i carried on riding right up untill my Egg Coll's but obviously didn't ride on the 2ww - i even carried on mucking out etc in 2ww and have done throughout my pregnancy the only thing i didnt do was poo pick the field which my dad did :P
I'm lucky in that i was able to put my TB on loan to a girl at my yard and my other horse is only 4 so has had a year off whilst was pg and am turning her away for the winter which will make life a bit easier when babys here.
I would def carry on as normally as you it really helps keeping to routines when doing tx - and being able to go out for a nice ride or have a nice smelly mane to cry into really helped me when i got a bit hormonal :snigger:
BUT i would make sure you do have someone to help just incase as everyone feels different during tx and is nice to have the odd day off :P
Good luck with your tx
xx

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

YogiBear

• "YogiBear" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: Winterborne

Friday, November 27th 2009, 9:47pm

Thanks Sammysue congrats for Friday, hope all goes well

my horses are a hugh part of my life, as you will understand and I keep them all at home so there isn't anyone else to help :sadface: I have a 22, a 14 and a yearling so if they have an easy life for a year it isn't the end of the world. Where you told not to ride or chose not to ride at the start of your pg? I am hoping that a friend might continue to compete the 14 year old (dressage). My instructor also rides my horses so my other option is to continue wih lessons and just not ride!

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Friday, November 27th 2009, 11:05pm

I still looked after my horse but didn't ride during my TX or during my pregnancy. I did find lots of smelly horsey cuddles very good therapy too!
Best of luck with your TX :babydust: x

:girl: :girl:

twin girls

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE