You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dondon

• "dondon" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2008

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 5:02pm

iui OR ivf

Hi there.
Hope you don't mind me posting here - have also just posted in the IVF thread.

Basically we have got to the point -after 6 months of clomid, one pregnancy followed by miscarriage and 2 years of trying - where our options are IVF or IUI.

I am 40 next year and am struggling to decide if IUI is better. We are self-funding (Though I am appealing this) and so would only be able to have one round of IVF.

I am wondering if anyone else has had to make this decision between IVF and IUI and what things you took into consideration?

My last AMH test came back at 10.5 and my FSH was 12.5 so I'm definitely running out of time.

can anyone talk me through what decisions they came through and why/how?

ta

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, November 25th 2009, 5:59pm

Hi, Hun
I self funded as a solo using an anonymous donor. I was offered the choice and in the end, for me, it boiled down to the fact that I would only affor 1 cycle of IVF or several of IUI. If IVF failed I had no fall-back but if IUI failed I could try again. It took a while (I have PCOS) but I did conceive.

Here are a few similar threads by others who had to make the same choice

IUI versus IVF?

IVF vs IUI - advice please

IUI or IVF?

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests