You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "traceylea" started this thread

Reg: Nov 24th 2009

Children: i have 5 children 2 boys 17.15 and 3 daughters 13.

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 8:16am

blood test results

hi im new to fertilityzone was in hospital in pain yesterday,they did blood tests but couldnt interperate the results told me i must take to gyno.it was 15 days past 1st day of period and 7days after clomid my fsh levels were 4 iu/l lh 8iu/l what does this mean

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, November 26th 2009, 7:14pm

Welcome to :FZ: traceylea

I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I will ask one of our moderators to come and have a look at it.

In the meantime I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is a clomid and ovulation induction section HERE so you can get to know others on clomid and ride the clomid roller coaster together.

There is a CLOMID CHICKS CHAT thread HERE where all the clomid girls hang out and support each other.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a sparkly name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Thursday, November 26th 2009, 10:56pm

RE: blood test results

Hi Traceylea,

And welcome to FZ also, from me.

I don't think that these two results have any real significance.FSH and LH are indications of how hard the pituitary is having to work to make the ovaries respond; and whether the ovaries are responding normally. The correct procedure is to test the levels of these hormones very early in the cycle, ie day one or two of the cycle. This then gives a baseline for the pituitary activity, and shows whether the relationship between them is normal. At this point in the cycle the normal values are between 3 and 8 iu/L, with the FSH being equal to, or more usually higher, than the LH.

If these are tested as you approach ovulation then they would be both much higher, as the follicles are being stimulated to grow and to rupture. Once ovulation has been achieved, within a day or so, the results plummet down towards the baseline, the LH taking a little longer than the FSH.

Assuming that your Clomid is doing enough to make you ovulate then the results you obtained on day 15 are compatible with your having recently ovulated, a day or two previously. They do not prove that you have ovulated however. If you were not ovulating at all or were still a long way short of ovulation then you could get similar results.

The relationship between these results and your pain I can only guess at. You might have been thought to have an ovarian cyst, or polycystic ovaries, the latter of which is partially ruled out by your results, and the former is irrelevant to these hormone assays. Or you might just have been having severe ovulation pain, as this can be that bad, and especially when taking Clomid. If they really need to know your valid FSH and LH results, they need to re-test them during the first two days of your next cycle - unless of course you are already pregnant!

Good luck,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE