You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lily1

• "lily1" started this thread

Reg: Nov 23rd 2009

Children: None yet

Monday, November 23rd 2009, 8:02pm

Ovulation induction at the Bridge or Guys & St Thomas'

Hi I am new to this so sorry if I post anything dumb!

I have polycystic ovaries and been ttc for 5 months. Through BBT charting and ovulation kit testing have discovered I am having cycles of 40 days plus with leuteal phase that is too short, though I am ovulating, just not regularly. My partner also had borderline sperm at his last test. I don't just want to take clomid but I want to go to a clinic that will support me and carry out cycle monitoring etc.

I am looking at Bridge Centre & Guys & St Thomas assisted conception unit, self funded. Has anyone had ovulation induction at any of these clinics? What did you think?
Thx
Lily1
Me 31, polycystic ovaries
DB 32, borderline SA

May 09 Ovarian drilling & laparoscopy. No endo. Tubes clear.
Jan 10 Clomid 50mg & HCG - no ovulation

:BFP: shock au naturel 8/4/10

Michelle

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 6:13pm

Hello Lily and welcome to FZ
There are threads on the two clinics that you are looking at and both have very good feedback for IVF, although i'm not aware of any members who have had ovulation induction there. I have edited the the title of this thread hoping that it will be seen by more people who can help you.

Here are the links for the existing clinic threads:
Guys & St Thomas', London
The Bridge Centre, London

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 10:24pm

hello

I personally havent had ovalation induction before. but just wanted to say both clinic are good, which ever one you do decide to choose. I have had treatment at both clinic and currently back with the Bridge Centre.

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 12:14am

I haven't had ovulation induction but I have had 2 x ICSI and 1 x FET at Guys and I cannot recommend them highly enough. As you are self funded, you can opt to pay a little bit extra for the personal attention of the head of the ACU, and you will always be seen by him and/or his nurse rather than whoever is on duty on any particular day. He was absolutely brilliant and I had his mobile number and email address and was able to contact him at any time. It made a massive difference since TTC is hard enough and it was very reassuring to always be able to make contact with someone when I needed to.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE