You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 144 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pootle

Megastar

• "Pootle" started this thread

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Friday, August 10th 2007, 10:46pm

CLOMID - Day 21 progesterone tests

Hi

I got my results back today - 29. WTF does that mean?!!?!? That's all the receptionist could give me. 29 what? Onions, marshmallows, cows in a field?!

Have I ov'd do you think?!!?

Many thanks.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Saturday, August 11th 2007, 10:48am

Hi Jodie
That sounds like the progesterone level if it was CD21 bloods. Different docs vary, some say it needs to be over 15 to prove you have ov'd, others (like my doc) say to be on the safe side it sould be over 30. Either way it is looking pretty positive at 29.
Im sure Eeyore will be able to tell you more. My 1st CD21 bloods was about 27 I think, so I had another one doen the next month and that was 47 so it can vary from month to month. Hopefully the clomid is doing the trick! Also, the result is only accurate if you have a 28ish day cycle, as the progesterone needs to be measured 7 days after ov, so if your cycle is longer or shorter than 28 days, this date will vary.
Good luck hun

xxx
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Saturday, August 11th 2007, 10:55am

Hiya hun

Progesterone is the hormone that causes the uterine lining (endometrium) to ripen and mature for embryo implantation. You may hear this referred to as a poor luteal phase. A very low progesterone, say less than 10 indicates that you probably did not ovulate in that cycle; between 10 and 17 you ovulated but would not implant and therefore not get a pregnancy, even if you produce an embryo; 17 - 23 you will implant if it is a good embryo, but the lining will probably be too immature to provide the right environment to sustain implantation and embryo/foetal growth such that you may miscarriage either very early on, or have a difficult and unstable early pregnancy with perhaps bleeding then go on to have a miscarriage.

If the level is over 25 you are out of the danger range in that particular cycle, but values can vary from month to month so you are safer to be over 30, with values over 40 being common.

So no onions or marshmallows hun, you ovulated perfectly!

xx

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Pootle

Megastar

• "Pootle" started this thread

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Saturday, August 11th 2007, 12:15pm

Thank you!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Saturday, August 11th 2007, 9:31pm

Well done then Jodie - I knew Eeyore would know whats what! Sounds like you have ov'd after all (either that or there really are 29 onions inside you....)

XXX
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 144 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE