You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

zoe1977

• "zoe1977" started this thread

Reg: Nov 10th 2009

Children: a 14 year old son,

Friday, November 13th 2009, 3:03am

clomid

hiya, im new to this, can anyone help ?? im 32 and i have pcos and im on metformin 3 x 500gm per day, iam 5ft 2 and about 12 and a half stone, i have a 14 year old son but since his birth, ive had 3 misscarrages [ sorry i cant spell ] .

Ive read on here that some of you wernt allowed Clomid on the NHS so have decided to buy it online, can i ask if it had a good outcome for anyone? as i now pritty sure that i wont get it from my doc, so really im looking for advice so i can look at other options as me and my partner really want to have a baby together, thanks zoe xx
zoe xx

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, November 13th 2009, 7:04am

Hi Zoe

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

I can't stress enough to you, and anyone else reading this, that Clomid should absolutely NOT be purchased on the internet, for so many reasons explained in the thread below and not least of all that you have absolutely no idea what is in it.

INFO: UNPRESCRIBED CLOMID

Here are some other links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

There is a clomid and ovulation induction section HERE so you can get to know others on clomid and ride the clomid roller coaster together.

There is a CLOMID CHICKS CHAT thread HERE where all the clomid girls hang out and support each other.

There is a PCOS section HERE there is loads of information here and also a really useful guide to weight and PCOS HERE

Also, have a read through these threads

IS YOUR WEIGHT STOPPING YOU FROM HAVING A BABY?

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO DIET & REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM

They don't pull any punches and explain with great detail why your weight could be a factor in your infertility. I many your BMI almost 32, whcih is in the obese range, you would make a HUGE difference to your chances if you reduced that. Have a read, once you've read them I bet you are full of positivity to lose the pounds!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a sparkly name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: DS 11 years old, DD 8 years old. DH none

Friday, November 13th 2009, 2:16pm

HI zoe!! yes you can have clomid on the nhs! Some times it depends what area you are in .i have a DS who is 11 and my DD is 8, i am not with their dad, and have a new partner but he has no kids of his own, we have been told that we have secondary unexplained infertility, i have done 3 rounds of clomid, and have another 3 to go on the nhs.
because you have pcos it really is a bad idea to take clomid without monitoring and support. ask your gp to refer you to a fertility clinic. im sorry if this is not the answer that you wanted, but your health is the most important thing. and sometimes clomid can do more harm than good if your not having monitoring.
pop over to have a chat with all us girls in the clomid chicks

ME 33
DH 34
TTC 2yrs
clomid x 5 :BFN:
ME HSG clear
All scans clear
BFP!!! PLEASE STAY!!

zoe1977

• "zoe1977" started this thread

Reg: Nov 10th 2009

Children: a 14 year old son,

Friday, November 13th 2009, 9:18pm

cheers for that Poppy, i suppose im just worried as ive heard people say that b4 your allowed clomid that theres things to consider i.e weight, so im only just starting that journey, my partner doesnt have any kids, so me and him both want one or maybe 2 lol, and obviously i want my docs support, but i also know that a lot of ppl get refused Clomid for one reason or another, i just dont know what i would do if we get refused, thanks again poppy xx
zoe xx

Yvette75

Reg: Aug 12th 2007

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 8:10pm

Zoe, I am currently TTC number 2 with clomid and am on round 6. I am receiving NHS treatment. I have a son who is 15 months old but he took 4 years to conceive and I had a missed miscarriage along the way.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE