You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lizapixels" started this thread

Reg: Dec 19th 2007

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 3:01pm

retro grade ejeculation

does anyone know any info about this and if it can be treated ty

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 5:00pm

HI There,

To my knowledge Retrograde Is where instead of the swimmers being sent out via the semen , its sent backwards the wrong way and into the urine stream.

It can indeed be treated , as I understand it , it can be washed and used with ivf/Icsi.

I am not sure about procedures to fix it ? Perhaps there is such an operation?
Its worth talking to your consultant/doctor about.

Hope this helps and good luck :smile:

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 5:14pm

Hi Liza,
You might find this thread useful:
Retrograde Ejaculation

M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

• "lizapixels" started this thread

Reg: Dec 19th 2007

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 8:49pm

ty for all your help
hugs

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 9:01pm

RE: retro grade ejeculation

Hi Lizap,

During the normal, antegrade (forward) ejaculation, the neck of the bladder closes and the semen containing sperm coming down from the testicles shoots past the bladder and out as the ejaculate. Retrograde ejaculation is where the bladder neck fails to close and the sperm instead pass into the bladder.

This happens when there is nerve damage to the bladder neck, either due to diabetes, neurological disease, pelvic damage or following pelvic surgery. In these situations it cannot be remedied. But much more frequently it happens due to stress whilst trying to ejaculate, either during love makiing or when trying to produce a specimen for examination.

Whenever a man has a problem producing a specimen and it takes a long time to do this, there is a likelyhood of this happening. The clue that this has happened is when the volume of specimen is very low, less than 1 ml. I used to see this happening regularly with semen donors who were having stress problems around exam times. I always suggest that when a patient is doing a sample for testing and it has been difficult to produce and the specimen is very small, then this should not be submitted. It may have very few or no sperm and will give a false impression of his true sperm output.

If this is happening regularly, for instance in diabetes, then the diagnosis can be confirmed by getting the man to pass urine soon after he has ejaculated (or climaxed). The sperm can be be seen in the urine and can be processed and used for simple intra-cervical injection quite successfully. However even when this is happening regularly, it can sometimes be possible to direct the sperm antegrade and outwards if he has a full bladder when he makes love or does his specimen. Not very comfortable for him but it does work.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE