You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 28 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 8:05pm

TESE on Tuesday-advice...

Hi everyone

My DH's TESE is next tuesday - can't believe its actually finally nearly here after all this time!! I am just wondering if anyone knows how long he will be gone for, therefore how long I will be on my own during the day? Just wondering as my mum has offered to come with us to keep me company but not sure if she will need to?? also, is it a bit soft taking my mum?? or have any of you taken people with you for support/company for things like this?

Also...have any of your partners had TESE at St Marys, Manc? just wondering if you know how long the results take?

Any info and advice would be much apperciated

xxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

Sun Flower

Superstar

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 8:47pm

Hi Gemma

you must be getting excited, nervous and anxious now...cant believe it has come around so quickly.

My DH had a TESE under sedation, is yours having sedation or a GA? I think that will make a difference to the time which he will be in theatre and the time it will take him to recover.

My DH was in for approx. 35 / 40 minutes, he then came back into the room where I was, but slept for approx. 1 hour to sleep off the sedation, there was a TV and lots of magazines in the room so I watched 60 minute makeover! day time tv eh?! :snigger: and then he was back with me

maybe you could take a book or your Ipod to keep you occupied, taking someone with you is fine if it will ease your nerves and give you something else to focus on, but you may want some time alone with your DH after the procedure. Will you get the results the same day? if so, you may want to chat to the con about things and ask questions afterwards

good luck xx

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 8:59pm

Hi Gemma,

I can't answer your questions I'm afraid - but just to wish you both (and your mum) very good luck.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 9:24pm

Hi Sun flower

Thanks for your reply

I'm not sure whether he is having GA or sedation!! I'm now thinking of not taking mum, because like you said I think it will be better to have time on our own after the op!!

We don't know yet how long the results will take!!! i've heard of some that have got them the same day/same week and others after a month!!! How long did yours take? and what were they if you dont mind me asking? My DH has a raised fsh and smaller than average testes....so don't think we have the greatest of chances ;(

Thanks again
xxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

Sun Flower

Superstar

Friday, November 6th 2009, 2:37pm

Hi Gemma

we got the results the same day, the con performed the op and then when DH was awake he came into the room to chat to us, sadly for us they were unable to retrieve anything, we were both very upset so we went home and booked a follow up

at the follow up we discussed donor sperm and that is the route which we are now taking, we are currently going through FET - ET should be 16th Nov - Eek!

I wish you both loads of loads of luck for your op, I hope it is a success, will they freeze anything that they find? good luck xx

please PM me if you want to chat xxx

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 28 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE