You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "twinkle25" started this thread

Reg: Mar 13th 2006

Children: 1 DD

Monday, January 14th 2008, 4:34pm

Assisted Conception Unit, Ninewells Hospital Dundee

hey everyone I wondered if anyone on here is using ninewells in dundee for treatment? We had our referal appointment in October last year and were told IVF our best option. The doc told us we would be starting in Jan 08 but as yet nothing from them. I have emailed them in very early Dec and they said the info reagrding appoitment date will be sent out next week. Still nothing, so I emailed again and they said my notes were still with Doc so these would be chased up for me.

I am still waiting, should I call them to find out whats happening? I cant wait to get started and keep getting fobbed off. Anyone else had this with ninewells? We are self funding as I have DD from previous relationship.

Any advise????
1 DD
2 X MC 07 ECTOPIC 07
IVF MAR 08 22 EGGS,FROZEN DUE TO OHSS
FET AUG O8 BFP BUT ECTOPIC
FET MAR 09 - BFN

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, January 14th 2008, 4:39pm

deffo call

all clinics are very busy and its easy to get lost in the mass
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Monday, January 14th 2008, 5:31pm

Think I will call how long should it take?
1 DD
2 X MC 07 ECTOPIC 07
FET MAR 09 - BFN

Reg: Apr 11th 2007

Sunday, June 29th 2008, 6:51pm

i am starting ivf in 3 week time with ninwells,i have a 17 year old girl from a previouse relasionship but my heath board have paid for me which i am thrilled with.i had my consolaton in feb so not long

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Sunday, June 29th 2008, 8:15pm

Hiya

I used Ninewells and had the same problem with trying to get my first self funded treatment started. Have you spoken directly with anne mconnell? She is the business manager and deals with all the waiting lists etc. Give her a phone and ask for the actual date of your appointment. You pay a lot for this service and you will have a lot of tests etc to go through before actually starting the cycle so phoning and asking for your initial app i cant see should be a prob. From my first app with Ninewells to actually starting injections was 3 months and that was self funded.

Phone!!!!

If i can be any help just give me a shout.

xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

subar

Armenia

Reg: Jan 21st 2009

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 10:04pm

does anyone know how long the waiting list is for ICSI in dundee? (nhs)
Thanks
starsmile Sue

subar

Armenia

Reg: Jan 21st 2009

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 10:05pm

My experience of Ninewells so far has not been very positive, waited 9 weeks for sperm analysis results...I complained loudly and got an instant reply!
I would call and keep calling
starsmile Sue

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 3:48pm

Subar, it depends on where you live hun

Tayside valley - 1 year
Fife - 18 months - 2 years
Forth Valley - 18 months - 2 years

Thats from their website. If you are going private the wait is pretty short 1-2 mon ths normally.

Good luck x

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Reg: Feb 3rd 2009

Children: twins 19 months lily and lucas

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 6:48pm

clomid on the nhs for second time?

can any one help. i have 20 month old twins from clomid. am wondering if i can get it again on the nhs
millymollymandy

Children: ninewells

Monday, February 16th 2009, 9:46am

i have found that communication at ninewells isnt great,i have had to repeatedly phone them up to get things organised........ :sadface:
:xxx3:

Monday, February 16th 2009, 6:47pm

Back every converstaion up with an email!! Thats what i do, you do have to keep on top of them or they can tend to forget about you!

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Debs

Ace

Reg: Mar 15th 2006

Children: 2 DD 11 & 3yrs old. DS born 16/11/12. 2 natural 1 iui

Monday, February 16th 2009, 7:59pm

Hi Girls

I had my treatment at Dundee and it was very quick from my referral to the procedure (IUI). I'm not sure if this was because I was self funding or not though. All the staff were so nice and kind and really put us at ease, especially DH who was so nervous about the whole thing.

xx

TTC 5 Years
Me 30 - DH 32
DD - 8
1st IUI 25/10/08 BFP
:happy:

Our beautiful little miracle finally arrived on Tues 14/07/09 :D Baby Cara x

Monday, February 16th 2009, 8:05pm

I find it fine once you get going its just getting going and the communication that was a problem for me

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 10:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by Glitzy
I find it fine once you get going its just getting going and the communication that was a problem for me

yes i agree,once you get going they are fine,i did have to phone several times to find out what was happening prior to that though.

Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 4:19pm

Where in fife are you Lola? Im Dunfermline x

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 9:31pm

im up in anstruther hun,about an hours drive from you,how long does it take you to get to ninewells then??X

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 3:56pm

Oh I know it well i have family in crail and you have the best chippy in scotland! Takes about 50mins from here assuming traffic is ok. xx

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 7:52pm

isnt that weird,it takes us around the same length of time but we have all the country roads where as you will have the motorway..X :smile:oh now we ahve about 6 chippies in anstruther,all competing for the yearly prize,pathetic eh........ :happy:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 16th 2009

Children: 1 daughter

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 9:37am

Hi Girls

I was at Ninewells as a Private patient, the staff where great, but we also had the same problems with waiting times.

We have now moved to GRI, which was a lot quicker (now had IVF and just on the 2ww).

We had to be re-tested as we are still waiting for all our medically notes. Someone was suppose to organise sending them over, that was in Jul 08.

We have telephoned and constantly e-mailed. so has our consultant.

Anyway girls, I wish you all luck when you finally get started.

BB
Babyblues 472
BFP Mar 09 = Ectopic (IVF)
Miscarriage Mar 10 (Nat Preg)

FET = Jun 10 (1xembryo)

2 little angels : in heaven xx

babyface

Reg: Feb 6th 2009

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 9:57pm

I am worried just reading this! lol I have phoned on 3 occasions to find out the cost of IVF privately and they have still not got back to me. :sadface:

I do not feel I have had much positive contact with any Docs/ consultant at PRI or fertility clinic's as yet.

Myself and husband are seriously considering going to get treatment privately in another country due to our negative feeling about the lack of support I have had through my difficulties.

I wish everyone all the best of luck with their treatment, phone calls & emails. I really wish some doc's consultants would be more empathetic to us, its such a sensitive time for everyone going through this. xx

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 7:21am

I started this thread regarding Ninewells and that was over a year ago. The only problem I have is the communication they are shocking.

Ive been through IVF and a FET cycle and am now half way through another FET cycle.

Before I started this one I was constantly phoning and emailing trying to get everything in place before I started this cycle. I called for the invoice and was told it would be here within a few days week and half later still waiting so I called and the same woman who I spoke with previously said she knew nothing about my calls and would arrnge invoice again. It eventually came.

I also followed every call up with an email.

Edited to say mup there tomorrow for another scan to check lining cos been on HRT for just over a week
1 DD
2 X MC 07 ECTOPIC 07
FET MAR 09 - BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "twinkle25" (Mar 4th 2009, 7:22am)

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 1:34pm

good luck with your scan hun,i filled in a questionnaire yesterday at clinic and my only negative comment was about one member of staff,i am happy otherwise with the way things have gone.........X

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 4:31pm

Good luck with the scan Twinkle!! I am about to email too to get confirmation I am on the list for May. Had my app in Jan and they said I would get written confirmation of when we would be starting but as yet I have receibed nothing. xx

5 x ICSI b.f.n

samcd

Reg: Feb 11th 2009

Friday, March 13th 2009, 1:35pm

Bit of friendly advice needed. I wonder if there is anyone who can help?

I was lucky enought to have a DS naturally but so far nothing happening after years trying for a second. PRI not helpful (but it was a stand in Gyn consultant from Dundee I saw on the day and he dismissed me without asking anything).

Are ninewells assisted unit willing to take on people with 1 child already? If not through NHS then how do you go about private? and how much does it cost?

Need some pointers as to where to go now, I know you will all understand how I feel.

Thanks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "samcd" (Mar 13th 2009, 1:36pm)

Feefo

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: not yet but i will do sooner than later

Monday, March 16th 2009, 12:35pm

Hi sam cd

You need to contact Anne McConnell at Ninewells ward 35 she can start the ball rolling as far as i am aware you can pay ninewells privately whether or not you have children! Private through ninewells costs approx £3500 and its an 8 week waiting list privately!

Your best option is to go and see your local gp for a series of tests i.e sperm count and female hormone levels to see if you are ovulating!!! then you will be referred to ninewells!!!

hope this helps

F

Wednesday, March 18th 2009, 10:39am

I have a child but am paying privately for icsi at ninewells now so yes they do treat you privately if you have a child already. Good luck x

5 x ICSI b.f.n

samcd

Tuesday, April 14th 2009, 7:58pm

Assisted conception

Can I be really stupid and ask what ICSI stands for?
Thanks

Reg: Jul 25th 2008

Tuesday, April 14th 2009, 9:48pm

Hi there

Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI):
ICSI is a technique sometimes used with in vitro fertilisation (IVF) in which one sperm is injected directly into one egg in order to fertilise it. This is especially useful for men with very low sperm counts since ICSI ensures that the sperm reaches the egg directly rather than waiting for the sperm to naturally fertilise the egg. Thus, ICSI is sometimes used as a treatment method for male infertility.

I had 2 ICSI cycles at Ninewells. I was seen as a private patient as my Health board have a 2 year waiting list there ( i am still on the waiting list for NHS treatment!). Think you might need a referral to the Unit by a gynaecologist as well as all the tests done by your GP but Anne McConnell will keep you right about the different routes into the Unit. I dont think that you will qualify for NHS treatment as you have achild already but the rules are always changing!!

Hope this helps- all the best for your journey

Snoops

samcd

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 11:16am

Ninewells

Am now taking clomid 50mg and having scans etc. Finding staff very friendly and they really put you at ease. They are also very realistic, which I really do appreciate, otherwise I would be in dream mode constantly about conceiving. Am so grateful for being given this opportunity, as I feel this will be the end of the road if it doesn't work. Best wishes to you all, thinking of others whilst going through this. The great thing is with this site is that you know you have support from girls going through the same thing.

xxxx thanks again.

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 11:30am

RE: Ninewells

hi all,

I know some of you were saying that the communication was not so good at ninewells.

I sent them an email the other day about egg sharing and got a response back the next day, so it was very fast xx
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

Saturday, May 23rd 2009, 5:51pm

I have to be honest and say they have been fantastic so far with me this cycle - i had responses to any emails i sent within 2hrs every time. So far so good xx

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 9:44am

Ninewells now do egg share - found out at my follow up.

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Reg: Oct 20th 2009

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 4:26pm

Hi, I read your comments about this clinic a few months ago and remember thinking that so far I've had no problems and that things had been going great. Unfortunately we have just learnt that a mistake was made with our file resulting in an extra wait on the ICSI list of 5 months. This was devastating to us but we got a cancellation on the waiting list and they fitted us in for treatment this year.

While we have been offered a solution they have not offered any apology and we have decided to continue to write to the Ninewells Complaints and queries department to inform them of what has just happened. This will not be a formal complaint but I feel that if we do not let someone know of how we feel this might continue to happen to other people. While the responses to my e-mails were usually quick they were always short and undescriptive leaving us confused and increasingly stressed as we were receiving conflicting information. If you are at all worried and think you should have heard from the hospital sooner I would encourage you to contact them and badger them. I wish I had done this earlier instead of waiting and waiting to hear something.

Reg: Sep 19th 2009

Saturday, October 31st 2009, 7:36am

Can anyone confirm the wait lists for egg share? Thanks x

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 10:20pm

Anyone having or have had IVF at Ninewells in Dundee

Hi all

I have previoulsy had 2 full cycles of IVF and a frozen embryo transfer at Glasgow nuffield hospital, we are hoping to have our nhs cycle in the spring time at ninewells and i was looking to hear from anyone who has had experience or is going to be having treatment at Ninewells x x x

• "RealityGap" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Nov 3rd 2005

Children: DS1 - born 12/02 DD - born 6/04 and DS2 born 10/06

Monday, March 28th 2011, 9:17pm

Hi Nic

How weird your story is so like mine! We did OI, with IUI and then IVF at the Nuffield, and have done cycles of clomid at Ninwells. One huge difference is Ninewells is no where as nice as the Nuffield was, and by the end of our journey with the Nuffield we were pretty attached to the staff and Dr Yates. Don't get me wrong Ninewells staff were lovely but I didn't find I formed such a bond with them. I guess they must have been ok or we wouldn't be hoping to do another IVF cycle at Ninewells!!

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Monday, March 28th 2011, 10:29pm

Thanks reality gap, so far I have such a good feeling about ninewells, it is definately not as aesthetically pleasing as the Nuffield but the staff have been excellent none the less. you do really end up with a close bond with the girls from nuffield, especially Jodie and karen, I thought they were ace. I went back to nuffield to collect paperwork and i loved the feeling of being back even although it was unsuccessful. i loved the smell and the rooms etc, really weird but i actually miss going and got butterflies when going in each time with excitement. def dont have that with ninewells but do have a good gutt feeling, I hope your next cycle brings you your bfp x x x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE