You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wenipeni

• "wenipeni" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2009

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 3:43pm

varying luteal phase on clomid

Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience with clomid. I have PCOS and this has been my second round on 100 ( I didn't ovulate on 50) and blood tests show that I ovulated both times - 48.8 last cycle and 81.1 (!) this time. I'm a bit worried thought because last cycle my luteal phase was 14 days and this time 12 days (it used to be just 10 without clomid) - I suppose that 12 days is enough so I shoudn't worry but am just concerned about the whole thing going wron like eveyone else on this fourm!

We are thinking of doing IUI after christmas whilst we are on the list for IVF but obviously really hope to get a BFP soon - all this is very hard work emotionally isn't it?

Does anyone know how much one IUI costs? Some say £1000 and others less - I suppose it varies from clinic to clinid?

Thanks in advance for any help. I feel I am only ever asking questions on this forum and never answering others - because so far I have very little positive knowledge and expereince to pass on - sorry!

Wenipeni
xxx

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 7:50pm

RE: varying luteal phase on clomid

Hi,

Good to hear that the clomid is working for you, your progesterone levels are good!
I think a luteal phase of 12-14 days is ok. A luteal phase of 10 days, before you went on the clomid is too short, so it is good that you are ovulating on the 100mg dose of clomid, and having a longer luteal phase.
I didn't have PCOS, but did have issues with short luteal phases/low progesterone, and conceived both my children on clomid.

TTC, the up's and down's of clomid can all take its toll, physically, and as you say, emotionally too. Have you found the clomid chicks thread:

** CLOMID CHICKS **

Everyone is very friendly, and it can be a great support to chat to other ladies who are taking clomid.

I don't know much about IUI, but there is an IUI board here: http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/board.php?boardid=4 Again, with lots of friendly members, who will have experience in this area, and may be able to help with your questions.

And don't worry at all about asking questions, we are all here to offer any help and support we can!

xxx

<

wenipeni

• "wenipeni" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2009

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 3:45pm

Thank you for your reply and support- you're children are just beautiful by the way - such an adorable picture.

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Tuesday, November 3rd 2009, 4:34pm

Awww thanks wenipeni! xxx

<

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Thursday, November 5th 2009, 6:59pm

RE: varying luteal phase on clomid

Hi Wenipeni,

As Compley has said a luteal phase of 12 days is perfectly fine, especially as you have such good progesterones. Clomid is a good treatment for PCOS for those that respond to it (not everyone does), and it restores the hormone aspect of your fertility to normal.

You need to persevere with this for a while if that is possible, as even fertile couples can rarely guarantee to succeed within two cycles of trying. Half of normally fertile couples trying naturally will take more than six month to achieve their pregnancy. If this is not successful, then moving to IUI makes sense.

As you live in Anglesey you may be receiving treatment at Liverpool Women's Hospital? If so you are in a good unit. I helped to set up and run the andrology laboratory and male infertility service there some years ago, so I have good knowledge of their medical and scientific expertise which is good. The administration lets them down ay times though, so don't hesitate to chase up appointments and information. I am not sure what their fees are like I'm afraid, but they will probably be around average.

Good luck with this.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE