You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mitzi

• "mitzi" started this thread

Reg: Nov 1st 2009

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 4:36pm

Legal Requirements

Hi all.
Me and my partner would love (more than anything) to raise our own child. Unfortunately she was sterilised in 2004 (tubes cut) so our option at the moment is to have IVF treatment. We both have children from previous relationships and want to have a child of our own. She is 37 and in good health and I am 38, also in good health.
Through the information on this site we have drawn up a short list of Hungary , Czech Republic and Norway
We have obtained some information from a few clinics in these countries but would like some feed back on the legal standing regarding marriage.

My partner is still married to her husband (separated 2 years ago) and currently going through a divorce. I have never married.
We found out that in Turkey, for instance, you need to be married to have IVF.

We would like to start IVF as soon as possible due to our ages but would like some further guidance on the marriage situation.

From what we can make out, you don't need to be married to have treatment in Czech Republic or Norway but a declaration has to be signed to say you are living together etc.
But in Hungary it states you cannot be married and have IVF treatment with another person. Do they ask for proof of marital status etc.

As for the divorce situation, it could drag on for 6 months or so due to uncooperative husband and we feel time is not exactly on our side.

We are each others love of our lives and would like nothing more than to share our love with a child of our own.

Thank you for reading and any advice or information would be gratefully received.

mitzi

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 4:44pm

Pre IVF Treatment tests

additional question...sorry.

Does anyone know of any clinics where we can have our bloods, scans and semen analysis done near banbury, oxfordshire????...... reasonably priced of course :rolleyes: :innocent:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 5:35pm

Hi Mitzi,

We're usually quiet on a Sunday afternoon so you may not get a reply as fast as you would do during the week. Do stick around though, one of our brill members will soon be around to help you with your questions.

mitzi

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 6:02pm

thank you bells.... i certainly will..... :D

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 6:06pm

Hi Mitzi

The HFEA site HERE will give you all of the clinics around the Banbury area, but if you would like to hear our girl's opinions you can have a browse through the clinic feedback section on the forum, the South East section is HERE and includes the John Radcliffe in Oxford

Hope that helps!

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

FERTILITYZONE