You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "WannabeaMum" started this thread

Reg: Oct 15th 2009

Children: Hopefully some day

Wednesday, October 28th 2009, 11:35pm

What will they advise...?!

Hi everyone,

OK, so I am waiting to start ovulation induction using gonal f injections.

I have PCOS and have had recurrent endometrial hyperplasia. Not had AF since my last hysteroscopy/D&C in May.

3 weeks ago I had a scan. My lining was 5mm and there was a 1cm cyst on my R ovary. Took Cyclogest 400mg pv bd for 5 days. HAD 5 days very very light spotting but no AF. went back for another scan 2 weeks after starting the cyclogest and the lining was 8mm and the cyst was 21mm. She said it's either a follicle or a cyst and if it's a cyst then it might be producing oestrogen, in which case I probably won't get AF. she said to come back in 2 weeks if no AF.

That was 1 week ago and no AF yet.

So, my questions are:

if it was a follicle, does that mean I could have ovulated naturally since then? We did bd a few times after the scan but I don't want to get my hopes up...

Or if it was a follicle is it one that's kept on growing and not shut off? In which case, will AF come?

And if it's a cyst and nothing's changed on scan next week, what happens then? How do I induce my AF?? do I really just have to wait? It could be months!!

What are my options?

Thanks so much for any advice....

Alice xx
Me - 33, DH - 39

6x Ovulation Induction using injectables: 1x Chemical Preg, 5xBFN

1st ICSI Feb 2011 - Tested early - BFP! but BFN by OTD

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 9:17am

I don't think I can help hun, but didn't want to read & run.
I will be interested to hear the answers though, as I can relate to this myself.

At my last internal scan I had a 5cm cyst on my Left Ovary, and the nurse did say, they have to get rid of that before they can start treating me.... So . . Maybe if it's a cyst on youre ovary, they will want to remove it first?

I'm not a doctor though, so sorry if I am wrong ?( :smile:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept 18 - Here we go again! ICSI this time

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 7:56pm

Hiya,

Cysts do sometimes produce hormones but my cons basically told me the opposite of what you have just said! I started bleeding really heavy like a bad AF due to cysts producing hormones.

It is possible that it was a follie and you have ov'd!!

Also it seems rather small for a cyst. My cons told me he doesn't worry until cysts become over 6cm. I had 3 on one ovary, a 5cm, an 8cm and a 10cm.

Cysts usually come and go on their own. I developed cysts from clomid and OHSS, which is why mine kept growing.

The cons can give you drugs to induce AF. They gave me a progesterone tablet which you take and then when you stop it you have like a withdrawl bleed - like the pill, but not the pill!

Hope this helps!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 8:56pm

RE: What will they advise...?!

Hi,

There is no simple or easy answer as to what is happening. It sounds rather more like a cyst that a follicle but only a repeat might help to clarify this.

In PCOS, the cysts on the ovaries are unruptured follicles that have accumulated over time. This is the cause of the condition, PCOS is a hormone problem where the ovaries do not respond adequately to LH stimulation, and accumulate as cysts. What Clomid or ovarian drilling does it to change the nature of the ovarian follicles so that the react more normally and release their eggs.

The is another sort of ovarian cyst which is a single one not due to PCOS or any hormone problem. This is the sort that can grow very large, and needs removing. This does not interfere with fertility until it gets too large.

If your 21 mm object was a follicle which then ruptured, and you have not had a period since, then you could indeed have conceived, so you need to do a test.

But you clearly won't know what is happening until your next scan. Then they can decide how to procedure with getting you into a fertile cycle.

Good luck,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

• "WannabeaMum" started this thread

Reg: Oct 15th 2009

Children: Hopefully some day

Thursday, October 29th 2009, 10:37pm

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I think I'll just wait and if I've not got my period by next Wednesday, go have another scan and see what's going on. If I've ovulated then there will be a corpus luteum, and if the cyst is still there, then I'll just have to wait and see what they say.

I just find the lack of control so frustrating. I've had years of clomid and ovarian drilling and monitored cycles... It just feels like I'm so close to really influencing what's going on by doing injections and scans and knowing exactly when I'm ovulating... But I can't get started till I get a period... Argh it's just frustrating!

I need to learn patience again.

Thanks again xx
Me - 33, DH - 39

6x Ovulation Induction using injectables: 1x Chemical Preg, 5xBFN

1st ICSI Feb 2011 - Tested early - BFP! but BFN by OTD

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE