You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lizzie C

• "lizzie C" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Wednesday, October 21st 2009, 8:19pm

tracking scans

Recieved a letter from the hospital saying they were going to scan me this month as they have upped my clomid to 150mg. This may be a stupid question but what do the scans involve?

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, October 21st 2009, 8:35pm

It's an ultrasound scan with a vaginal probe to check your ovaries. It sounds and looks horrible but it's totally painless, aren't you getting the scans on day 12 anyway?

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 21st 2009, 8:35pm

Hi Lizzie

The scan is to determine the development of follicles and uterine lining and are used to avoid over stimulation as well as to pinpoint ovulation. The scan will enable the follicle (fluid filled sacs which can contain an egg) in the ovary to be measured. When the follicles measure a certain size it can then be estimated when ovulation is likely to occur.

As you're moving onto a higher dose you are at greater risk of over stimulation so it's good that they are scanning you.

It's an internal scan using a probe. They usually cover the probe with a condom and lubricant before inserting it. It's not painful and it doesn't last long. (We affectionally refer to them as 'dildocams' on here :snigger: )

Hope that helps? Any other questions just ask

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

lizzie C

• "lizzie C" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 7:22am

Thanks, I wasn't getting scans just day 21 bloods.