You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 3:58pm

Liklihood of result???help???

Hi Everyone

DH's TESE is re-booked for 10th of November but he is going to give a sperm sample on friday on our request. Basically he had 2x SA's done, both of which 0 sperm were found, and was diagnosed with azoo, but then had a 3rd SA done at private clinic and 1 (yes 1, only 1) sperm was found. Since that 1 sperm was found DH has not touched a drink (4 months!!) and has been on wellman and a big dose of zinc as well as eating healthier ever since. Finding that 1 sperm gave us hope that something must be working hence the change of lifestyle. So we bascially want him to get a final SA just to check if it has made any difference before he goes in or the TESE! Probably just clutching at straws as DH's azoo is NOA and he has a high fsh, but can't help but wonder and hope!!
I just wonder whether anybody else has had the same experience where the count has gone from 0 to some!! Also if they do happen to find just a few will they automatically freeze them?

Thank you
Gemma

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 5:13pm

One of my DH's SA showed 1 dead sperm, They told us this was the end of the line and with him not willing to go for retrieval donor was our only option.
I pushed for another SA and clinic agreed if sample was better they would freeze anything found.
They called back to say he was the proud owner of 5 vials in storage.
And now Im 18 days from havng his baby.

Hope you get a good result from next SA but make sure you arrange with clinic beforehand you want it frozen if its any good.

Best of luck hun

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 5:21pm

Thank you so much for your reply!! and congratulations! you have really given me some hope!
Did your DH change his diet between samples and what was the natue of his male factor? was it NOA? just wondering in case my DH's is more severe, as then we'd have less chance of any change than you did I suppose :sadface:

Thanks again

xxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 5:51pm

DH took some multi vitamin and went longer between ejaculations than previously.
He had undescended testes as a child which werent corrected til he was 10 causing them to be small and poor/low sperm quality, He never managed to get over a ml in volume with his samples but also had to do them at the hosptial due to us staying more than an hour away which made it difficult for him, I also went in with him to produce sample the last few times to take pressure off and try and relax situation.

I really hope you get good news with your next SA I know how awful it is.

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 10:07pm

Ooooh thanks Pammy gives me hope too :D
PCOS and Azoo, what to do? Adopt smile2

Saffy's Diary

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.