You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "thepilkingtons" started this thread

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Children: No children yet

Monday, October 19th 2009, 8:49pm

Jessops and what next????

Hi to all, i sit and read all your messages and have only just plucked up the courage to write one myself!
I have been refered to jessops (Dr Barclay) after 2 Miscarriages (1st Dec 07, 12 weeks and another May 09 6 weeks) we have had all the tests HSG, ultrasound, bloods and sperm analysis and will be back in 3 weeks for the decision on where we go from there.
Could anyone advise me on the process eg. do we have to wait to be refered and is there some sort of waiting list? i think i'm going to go out of my mind the waiting is killing me and the not knowing whats next is even worse!!!!
Any information from anyone who's been through all this would be soooooo appreciated!!

B
XX
B
X

Reg: Aug 3rd 2007

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 7:55pm

Hi didn't want to read and run and glad you plucked up the courage to send a message. I guess once you get your results it will depend on if you are NHS or self funding any treatment. I had IVF on the NHS and we had to wait for a bit however that was at Leeds but not sure about your area. I guess when you get the results we will be able to advise better as it will all depend on what treatment you need as to how long it will take and my circumstances were different but as I said I didn't want to read and run. Good Luck hon xxx
Lizzy

:xxx3:

Michelle

Wednesday, October 21st 2009, 10:09am

Welcome to :FZ:

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.
With regards to waiting times, it does vary depending on what type of treatment you need and weather you'll be self-funding or nhs. Hopefully someone who's having tx in your area will be able to help you more.

In the meantime, here are some links that you may find useful and help you to settle in:

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a guide to the initial fertility tests HERE which explains the tests you can expect to be offered.

There is a Miscarriage section HERE where you can talk to others who have suffered loss.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is an IVF/ICSI section HERE with a FAQ section HERE where you will find a great introduction to IVF/ICSI.

There is an NHS/PCT section HERE where you can chat about funding issues and a very useful thread HERE which will answer many of your funding questions

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a sparkly name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

blowkiss

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, October 21st 2009, 10:20am

Hi B,
And welcome to the FZ.
Waiting is so hard! And it certainly would help if you at least knew how long you had to wait for. It's hard for us to say because it varies so much. One thing you could try would be to call Dr Barclay's secretary (ring the hospital switchboard and ask to be put through) to see if she can give you a rough idea of how long these things tend to take. On the plus side, it seems like you have had all the tests so once you have all the results back, you should be free to get going. Most likely all they will need to do is to ask lots of questions - about your cycle, births and miscarriages in your family, and the medical history of you and your DH.
I hope that helps a little,
Lots of luck to you,
Mavis
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 4:00pm

hi there

I dont know about treatment and so on but I am at Jessops ACU (under Professor Ledger) for IVF.

If it gets that far, ask for him, he is brill.

I would have thought you would have to wait 3-6 months once referred for a cycle.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 5:12pm

I agree with Mavis. Call up and speak to the secretary. They're pretty friendly at Jessops. I had my first child through them using clomid (Mr Li was my consultant) and was then referred to the ACU when we struggled to conceive our second child. I too am under Prof Ledger and, after two cycles of ivf, then fet, I'm having twins!

We've found both Jessops and the ACU fantastic. I don't know about waiting lists as we were self funding for our ivf and you start as soon as you want to if all the tests are through.

Good luck, you're in good hands.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "roxy7" (Nov 2nd 2009, 5:13pm)

• "thepilkingtons" started this thread

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Children: No children yet

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 7:18pm

Jessops and what next????

thank you to everyone for your replies.... I have decided to try and do other things to keep my sanity!!!
My appointment is on the 10th and i'll find out then, I will have to just chill out and be patient!!

Thanks again to everyone!!
B
X

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE