You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chel82

• "chel82" started this thread

Reg: Oct 5th 2009

Children: i have a 6 year old daughter

Friday, October 16th 2009, 5:05pm

update!

Hi eveyone

I thought I should give you an update as I've had my first consultation!

The results from our test came back surprisingly well! I was expecting bad news. My partner has a very healthy sperm count and everything they tested for came back negative.

The next step is for me to have a lap and dye? Does any one have any personal experiences of this they would like to share with me? I'm a bit confused!

The doctor has said if the lap and dye shows no problems he will start me on a drug called clomid! Again any info would be great. He didn't say what would happen if the lap and dye did show any problems so at the min I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the all clear!

Chelxx
Chel x

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 10th 2009

Children: Ruby Isabella my IVF miracle born 22/12/2009

Friday, October 16th 2009, 5:14pm

I had lap and dye (my tubes were blocked) I then had a hysterpingograph (spelt very wrong but key hole surgery) A friend of mine had a nice clear lap and dye she is now on clomid. The lap and dye is not much worse than a smear take pain killers prior to procedure and enjoy seeing your bits on screen (very strange experience!!!) Wish you all the luck in the world and hope that dye travels through nice and clearly xxxx

1st time Mum following IVF
born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, October 16th 2009, 6:21pm

Sorry to contradict - the lap and dye is key-hole surgery and requires a general anaesthetic.
A hysterosalpingogram is the procedure that they do in x-ray department.

For the lap and dye you will go into hospital in the morning and, all being well, will probably be ready for discharge the same day. What happens next depends on what they find and what the clinic protocol is. Some will fix minor problems straight off so that you don't have to have any further surgery, some will just do the exam and then discuss options with you.
If there are problems treatment could be anything from surgery up to and including to IVF. But that is not a bridge for now. First have the procedure and see what they find - they may not find anything wrong and you will be able to go ahead with the Clomid...
Good luck, Hun and feel free to send me a PM if you want more information...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Aug 15th 2009

Children: Boy aged 5

Monday, October 19th 2009, 6:37pm

RE: update!

Hi

I am TTC # 2. DS born 2004 after 2.5 years of trying. This is now year 4 of trying and 2 years on from m/c.
I had a lap & dye in June which revealed my tubes are most definitely clear but that I had quite a bit of endo which was burnt away.
I had to stay in overnight as I was in surgery longer than anticipated. Wasn't sore at the time but quite tender for about a week after - although I believe it sometimes isn't as bad if they don't dig around much and you have no further problems. A friend of mine was back at work after 48 hours.

Good luck, you will be fine.

TC
KL xx
Karrie

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, October 19th 2009, 8:14pm

The lap and dye is a very simple op where they can check your insides for scar tissues or endometriosis and most importantly that your tubes are open. The will pump a dye through your tubes and they will see if it comes ot the other hand (you'll know cos your wee will be blue afterwards :snigger: ). It's keyole surgery and requires you to take at least 1 week off afterwards and you need to go under general anaesthetic. I've had 1 lap &dye and 3 laps and never had any problems. Only stayed in hospital for the day.

Clomid is a drug that helps control ovulation. You'll make more eggs at a more regular time. they will monitor you with a scan and on day 12 you will be given a HCG injection to make the eggs mature. On that day and the foloowing days you have to have lots of sex!

Good luck

chel82

• "chel82" started this thread

Reg: Oct 5th 2009

Children: i have a 6 year old daughter

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 4:35pm

Hi everyone

Thank you all for the responses. I don't feel as uncomfortable about the op as I did!

Fingers crossed the dye runs through with no blockages getting in the way!

Love

Chel xx
Chel x

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 5:13pm

Hi

There's good information on clomid in this thread INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO CLOMID

Just to confirm as well not everyone gets scans and hCG injections whilst on clomid - it depends on your consultant and your clinic.

Good luck with your lap. If you do a search on 'lap' or 'lap and dye' you'll find loads of threads with more information in them about what to expect. There's more information on how to use the search function in this thread ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP **

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE