You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "sharronphillips" started this thread

Reg: Oct 15th 2009

Friday, October 16th 2009, 8:53am

Clomid - any luck with it? what to expect??

Hey all

I am due to start Clomid to treat my PCOS and lack of ov every month in Feb next year.

It is the first time i have tried treatment for any length of time and wodnered what to expect, if it has been sucessful for anyone in similar trying for so long etc, i just feel like it will never happen at the moment - and tired of looking at negative tests OV TESTS AND PREGANCY!!!

:tears: :tear: :raspberry:

Thanks
Sharron xxx
:poke2:

Reg: Sep 29th 2009

Friday, October 16th 2009, 4:03pm

Hi Sharon!

Welcome to FZ!

I have pcos and was the same as you, my first treatment i tried was clomid. I had 5 cycles of it and unfortunately i did not respond at all, however that is not to say you wont. I would say the only side effect i really got was the emotional side of things, my hormones were all over the place so warn your DH!!!

Yous should feel positive that you are starting treatment, and no matter what happens with the clomid, you are on the ladder now so your one step closer to getting your baby!

Fingers crossed the clomid works for you, it will be the start of your rollercoaster and im sure youll find this website very helpful when you need support :D

xxxxxxxxxxx
:xxx3:

1st IVF- Oct 09- :BFP: Miscarried 5 weeks :sadface:

2nd IVF-Feb/March 10: :BFP: Baby Oliver Alfie Mckenzie born sleeping after 21 weeks baby5

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, October 17th 2009, 5:21pm

Hiya,

One lass on here is currently pregnant through clomid (that I know of)

I have PCOS and unfortunately clomid didn't make me ov however I had ovarian drilling done in May and fell pg in June!

I had 6 cycles of clomid, from 50mg up to 150mg.

Also OPK's don't usually work when people have PCOS, I think I've read on here that this is due to an already high LH and OPK's detect a surge so can give false positives. Especially with clomid.

Are you going to be monitored? Make sure you have cd21 bloods done and preferably tracking scans, especially as you have PCOS as I developed OHSS on 150mg and have to have a load of cysts removed and was of work for over a month!

Good luck!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• "sharronphillips" started this thread

Reg: Oct 15th 2009

Wednesday, October 21st 2009, 8:32am

wow that drill worked well Flic! Congrats!!!!

I had once cycle of clomid 3 years ago before we decided to try natural the side effects were not great for me but i did ov so i am thinking i will try it!!

I love to read BFP from my PCOS girls!! so pleased for you high5 !!!

I just want a child - feels like its not much to ask really!!

xxx jilly

he he i will be getting kicked off here for abuse of emocions lol

starsmile :thumbsup2: starsmile

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sharronphillips" (Oct 21st 2009, 8:33am)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 21st 2009, 12:39pm

Hi, sorry for my late reply.

We have loads of clomid success stories on here - I see you've found the thread Clomid success stories ... I have PCOS as well and have fallen pregnant twice on clomid, the second pregnancy resulting in my monkey daughter who is currently yapping to herself in her cot :D I didn't have regular periods or ovulate after coming off the depo injection and was put on clomid after a year of ttc.

For a very serious (!) over view of clomid, take a look at this thread CLOMID - THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS

Flic's right about OPKs and clomid. Opk's aren't ideal to use when you are Clomid as they can cause an OPK to register a false positive. Because Clomid causes the release of LH into the bloodstream, the ovulation predictor test will often notice this LH and give you a false positive result. I think that the care leaflet has more info?

Good luck and any questions, ask away.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE