You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Laura75

• "Laura75" started this thread

Reg: Jun 9th 2009

Children: 2 kids

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 6:54pm

Massive difference!

Hi everyone, i just wanted to know if anyone has a similar story to us... my husband had an SA three months ago with a result of a sperm count of 157 million. We just had another one done and it was 45 million... That is a huge difference. There was no fever in the meantime and no reason why the count should have changed SO much. The differences in the two tests were the following:

1. different Lab

2. The first sample was done at the clinic itself. The second at home and we had to bring the sample - took one hour and it was kept at room temperature. Could 100 million have died in the meantime?

3. Abstinence was 4 days for the first and 3 for the second.

Is this really odd? I am a bit confused to be honest. I have a lap scheduled for next week but now we don't know where we are with all this... Any ideas would be so very appreciated!

woodyv

Reg: Jul 23rd 2009

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 7:36pm

I'm sure paul will have the scientific answer but I know that sa's can come back this different for no apparent reason.

But the good thing is, they can then change dramatically for the better next time!

Good luck, you feel so out of control when its sperm as there is so little they can do to improve it. But at least you have had a result that wasn't extremely bad, my dh were both shocking!
Woody
partee
DH 29- Low motiliy Me 28-PCOS
Clomid x5 BFN

:BFP:

Dec '09 Au Naturelle, Miracles happen.

xfingers :sticky:

Laura75

• "Laura75" started this thread

Reg: Jun 9th 2009

Children: 2 kids

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 7:58pm

Thank you for your reply... It's kind to have taken the time.. .Yes.. we lost over 100 million in three months. Best to go back to the unhealthier way of life :-)

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Thursday, October 15th 2009, 9:17pm

Laura - I'm sure that someone will be along soon that will help out.

But personally, I'd be pretty happy with even the second result. 45 Million is very good as far as I am aware.

SA can change from day to day for no apparent reason. Not sure why.

Good luck!!!

xxx
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Friday, October 16th 2009, 9:17am

I personally think it's the hour at room temp tbh.
My DB had to go do it at the hospital because we live an hours drive away, plus it's just not the same when it's in a pot is it :snigger:

Good luck with the Lap next week hun. xfingers you get your BFP soon!! :smile:

We get our results next week, I'm kinda gerrin nervous now, as my bodies screwed but god help us if DB's is as well :sadface:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE