You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sarah A

• "Sarah A" started this thread

Reg: Feb 16th 2009

Children: ARGC

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 2:32pm

DNA fragmentation

Has anyones DH been diagnosed with elevated DNA fragmentation of sperm?
Sarah

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Saturday, October 17th 2009, 9:48pm

Hi Sarah,

Sorry its not something I am familar with , would love to be able to point you in some ones direction whom has.

If I should come across some one i will be sure to introduce them to you :smile:

x

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 6:23pm

RE: DNA fragmentation

Hi Sarah,

The implication of finding an elevation in sperm DNA fragmentation is still under discussion and evaluation. Values >30% are statistically associated with a decrease in male fertility, and an increase in miscarriages and premature delivery. However this by no means makes the man infertile nor rules out the possibility of a normal full term pregnancy and normal child. Value down to 15% or less seemed to be associated with good fertility and a normal miscarriage rate. But this does not guarantee that he is fertile nor that there will not be a miscarriage.

So it is only a test and one very much still under evaluation. The results should be assessed in the context of all the other semen parameters, and any relevant female fertility measurements.

Kind regards,

Paul

P.S. My apologies for the delay in replying to your post.
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE