You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Nataly

• "Nataly" started this thread

Reg: Jun 25th 2009

Children: still working on it

Monday, October 5th 2009, 4:26pm

LGI waiting times

Hi

Has anyone had treatment at LGI and can tell me how long they waiting for their first consultation? DH and I have had all our initial tests done at Dewsbury Hospital, it has taken just short of 1 year to get to this point and has just taken them 4 weeks to send a referral letter :hairout to LGI.

Anyway I spoke to them today at LGI and they do have my referral but she couldn't tell me how long it would be before I was offered an appointment, I know I really do have to be patient but I'd like at least some idea.

Also what should we expect from our first appointment?

Thanks
Natalie
Natalie

emz

Ace

Reg: Jun 18th 2009

Children: i will be a mummy! xx

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 10:08am

hiya, think we waited about 6 weeks for a referral.

then the first apponitment we chatted to Mrs Sharma about everything we has already had done and then what we need in the future, funding, etc.......

its really relaxed nothing too scary

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:dust: please stay little one :sticky: :BFP:
7 week scan sept 3rd- 1 :heart: seen
9 weeks 4 days Sept 20th- 1 perfect baby sucking its thumb
12 week scan (early)
20 week scan Dec 1st - bab22

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Children: Blessed with a beautiful little boy

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 1:19pm

I had all my initial tests and then they kept me waiting for months - I had my tests in August 2008 but didnt have my nurses consultation until Feb this year! I think I got lost somewhere in the system because when I last saw the Dr before my consultation, he was really apologetic and couldnt understand why I had been waiting so long. So make sure you keep ringing them - I was under Mrs Sharma but at Jimmies not the LGI so may be different at LGI or I could have been a one off error! Got to say though, once I'd got to ACU they were absolutely fantastic. If I decide to go through this again, will def go back there. Good luck xx
Cheryl
1st ICSI blessed with Aiden Reece Parkin born 01.01.10

Reg: Aug 3rd 2007

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 2:57pm

I'm with Jimmy's too, they got my referral letter in August and I have my first appointment booked for 15 Oct. I have done this before though and they have all my details so its really annoying that I have this appointment I just want a nurse consultation but still have to go through this bit, hope they don't do all the tests again! LGI may be different though but I would keep chasing as with the move and the merger you don't want to delay things as I think they aren't taking new patients soon. xxx
Lizzy

:xxx3:

Nataly

• "Nataly" started this thread

Reg: Jun 25th 2009

Children: still working on it

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 9:47pm

Thanks for your replies guys, I really will keep chasing them so fingers crossed, I'll let you know how I get on x x
Natalie

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE