You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Izabela

• "Izabela" started this thread

Reg: Sep 27th 2009

Children: Glasgow

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 4:39pm

IUI at Glasgow Royal Infirmary

Hi Everyone. I'm new to the forum but I have been tying for a baby for a good few years now. Before we moved to Scotland We've been tested in Bristol where thay told us we'll have to go through IVF with the waiting list alost 2 years. Now we live in Outer Hebrides and we are treated in Glasgow. So we are starting our IUI bummpy road next month with great hopes. So please share with me your experinces with the IUI treatment and the GRI hospital. Best Wishes
Izabela

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: fingers crossed soon x x

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 4:11pm

RE: IUI at Glasgow Royal Infirmary

I have just started with my nasal spray to down regulate my cycle - just started yesterday. I am getting my treatment at the royal infirmary in Glasgow too. All the nurses have been really nice. What stage are you at?
IUI 1 :BFN: IUI 2 :BFN: IUI 3 :BFN: Waiting on IVF

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 4:20pm

Izabela,

We had 2 lots of ICSI treatment at GRI and all the staff were lovely.
Whenever I needed advice between appointments, they were always really nice over the phone too.
As you can see from our ticker, we have been blessed with our BFP after all this time of trying for a baby.
So good luck and I really hope everything goes well for your treatment,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 4:26pm

Thank you

thanks - its so reassuring to hear people's positive stories. I know there is the chance that the iui won't work and that in reality I am actually at the start of a journey that will be even longer but it just has to work somewhere down the line. xfingers PMA all the way x x x

Reg: Aug 27th 2009

Children: None-Hopefully one day!

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 4:30pm

Hi Izabela

Im also @ the GRI, im however having IVF treatment and just this week finished my 1st cycle, unfortunately It did'nt work for me.

I have 5 frosties waiting but I need to wait at least 2 months before starting again, so hopefully after crimbo.

Everyone at the ACU/ACS have been great to both myself and DH, waiting for appointments can be a bit of a nightmare as the clinic always seems to be running late as it is always soooooooooo busy.

How are you going to cope with traveling for your appointments?

starsmile
Jen
1st IVF Cycle Sept 09 - BFN , 1st Natural FET Jan 10 - BFN, 2nd Natural FET June 10 - BFN
Dancing Queen's Very Own IVF Diary

Izabela

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 5:50pm

Hi girls

It's lovely hearing from you all. I am just at the begging of my journey too Scottishgirlie. I'm starting my nasal spray on Tuesday. I also find everyone very nice and helpful; as we live in the Isles my DP has a privilege to book his appointments for the same day as our appointment. We are also very lucky to have a family in Glasgow we can stay with. So it's not all bad and of course it's a perfect excuse for shopping (no shops here).

Jen I'm so sorry that your treatment didn't work out this time round. Keep positive and in a near future you will be holding your little angel.

Lisa, thank you for sharing your story with us it is very reassuring knowing that it is all worth it at the end.

Scottishgirlie are you experiencing any side effect of the spray. I'm working full time with kids and I'm a bit worry that I’ll not be able to cope.

Sending you all lots of baby dust

jilly

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 5:56pm

Izabella

Hi honey, No symptoms so far apart from being a wee bit tired. I was a wee bit worried to be honest cause I think I was expecting it to work like a jekyll and hyde potion. :angry: :tears: pmsl with mood swings galore but so far nada. How about you. Speaking of nasal spray need to go take my next dose - back in a few. xx

esha

Star

Reg: Sep 16th 2008

Children: 2 boys and awaiting 3rd baby

Friday, October 9th 2009, 10:43am

:hi:

I had iui at the royal last year in december and became pregant on my first go in january and now I have beautiful son who was born on 16/08/09 so it can work the first time,

just drink lots of water and milk and that should help, the staff are very good also.
"There is NO such thing as failure, just deferred success"

My Son was born on 16/08/09 weighing at 5lbs

Baby Esha's Diary

Izabela

Sunday, October 11th 2009, 6:52pm

Thank you Esha
These words are such a relif. I dont think it will work the first time but you cant stop hopping. I'm going for the treatment at the end of this month so fingers crossed. xfingers
Hope it' s not a stupid question but how drinling water and milk might help??? :innocent:

All the best to you all

:rainbow:

Sunday, October 11th 2009, 7:26pm

Thanks Esha, reassuring to see that there are some positive outcomes - sometimes it feels like I will never be a mother. Like Izabella I am not sure it will work for us first time. Trying to get a happy balance between feeling positive and not my hopes up.

Reg: Nov 11th 2009

Children: GRI

Monday, November 30th 2009, 8:44pm

HI there, just been reading your responses!! Nice to hear there are sucess stories with this treatment!! Me and hubby have been trying for years with no luck so we being sent to GRI for iui treatment!! Not sure on waiting list time yet but hopefully mid next year!! ?( xxx

Monday, November 30th 2009, 8:57pm

IUI at Glasgow Royal Infirmary

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has any advice for somone starting down what seems a long and complicated road to becoming a parent!! Referred for IUI and giving initial consult appointment but just looking for some words of wisdom!! Thanks ?(

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 13th 2006

Monday, November 30th 2009, 9:37pm

hi tigglywiggly :) theres a thread for the royal Here.

there are a few ladies having treatment here, myself included :) why not pop into the iui chitter chatter or the diaries?

is there anything in particular you are wondering about?the staff are lovely, make you feel so comfortable :)

:xxx:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 4:55am

Hi, Tigglywiggly, and welcome to IUI
as you have posted on the same subject I have merged these 2 threads together.

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 9:50am

Hi Stacey and Rene,

Many thank you for your kind responses!! :) Nice to have some support as feeling a little lost right now!! Stacey do you mind me asking how do i access iui chitter chatter or the diaries?

I was mainly wondering just what to expect, i was on clomid as I have PCOS and was not ovulating so I am assuming i will be having a "stimulated cycle" with the fertility drugs/injections. Anyone else been on these and how bad is it going to be?? ?(

We have a long treck for treatment as we are around 90 miles from GRI!! Lots of time off work, but they being very supportive!!

Thanks Girls!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Jan 25th 2010

Tuesday, January 26th 2010, 1:24pm

hi there, I am new to this forum. we have been trying for a baby for 3 years and have now been put on IUI waiting list with Royal Infirmary Glasgow. we have been told that waiting time is 14 months, and we have been put on list on 25th Nov. we have also been advised it may be shorter than that if somebody drops off or something. could somebody please tell me how long the waiting list actually is with Royal Infirmary Glasgow if somebody has got IUI done from there, how long did you have to wait?

your help would be much appereciated.

cheers

xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE