You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "MrandMrsSmith" started this thread

Reg: Sep 24th 2009

Children: 1 son 19 years old

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 10:10pm

Please help read SA results

VOLUME: 0.5
SPERM COUNT( Million per ml):56
MOTILITY %: 60%
PROGRESSION: POOR TO MODERATE
MORPHOLOGY: ABNORMAL FORMS/ NORMAL FORMS: 87% / 13%
MAR TEST: POSITIVE
pH: 8.6
SELF AGGLUTINATION: 10%
TOTAL MOBILE SPERM COUNT: 16 MILLION

Any help appreciated!
Mrs Smith

Reg: May 26th 2009

Children: Hopefully one day!

Friday, September 25th 2009, 1:15pm

Mrs. Smith,

I am sorry, I cant help with this. I just didn't want to read and run. To me it looks like they saw 16 million "mobile" sperm!! I am not sure what numbers are good and what arent. My DH has azoospermia, which means he doesn't have any. :sadface:

Anyway, I hope someone that can help you comes along quicky. Try posting this in the male factor thread at the top!!!

blowkiss

xxxxx

Please God, let our dream come true.... :pray: xfingers xfingers xfingers

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Alexander (March 2010) - the result of ICSI at Hammersmith

Friday, September 25th 2009, 1:25pm

Looks okay

I'm no expert - but I think those results are okay.

You need a count of at least 20 million - so the count is great at 56 million

13% normal forms is fine as well , it might seem like that's low, but most sperms are "seconds" and not very well formed, so don't stress. That's a pretty good score I think.

The only bit I'm not sure about is your motility score. Paul will be along soon to advise I'm sure, but overall, this doesn't look too bad to me...?

I'm only basing this on my DH's terrible sperm results, so I'm not expert in these things, but I thought that might be some comfort while you wait for others to comment. I am pregnant at the moment, via IVF, with much, much worse scores than these. So don't lose hope!

Love, Sarah xxx
May09:ICSI-sperm issues
Jul09: BFP! DS born Mar10
Jan12: ICSI-LOR-BFP-lost at 3 days
May12: looking 4 donor eggs

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 12:23am

Hi Mr & Mrs Smith.

I am sorry I dont know the answer to your question but just wanted to let you know that our sperm scientist has replied to your question in the ss thread
:smile:

wishing you lots of luck
x

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 11:30pm

RE: Please help read SA results

Hi from me also,

I hope that you have had some reassuring information from Sperm Scientist, but I will add to whatever she may have said.

As has been said the sperm concentration (count) is very good and the total sperm motility is also good, although this does depend upon how good this motility is, as the quality of motility is as important as the percentage of motile sperm. Sperm morphology can be measured by either of two criteria these being called WHO criteria where >30% normal sperm is acceptable, and Kruger criteria where >10% is acceptable. So it would depend upon how the laboratory measured the morphology. But by either approach he has a good number of motile normal sperm in his sample.

The MAR test is a test for sperm autoantibodies, which can coat the sperm and reduce the performance as they try to swim through your cervical mucus. If only 10% of the sperm are truly agglutinated (stuck together) then this is not to bad a picture.

But as is always the case you are a couple, and how fertile you are will influence how successful these sperm will be in getting you pregnant. So make sure that you have been fully investigated.

Good luck,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE