You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• "Tinkerbell09" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "Tinkerbell09" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: LWH

Friday, September 18th 2009, 4:40pm

** TTC NATURALLY 2WW **

Hope this is ok to start a 2ww thread for those like myself ttc naturally :) Afm. I am 2dpo and in the 2ww is any one elsa ttc naturally thats in the 2ww or going to be soon :smile: xx

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, September 18th 2009, 4:46pm

RE: The TTC NATURALLY 2WW THREAD

There used to be one of these threads but it was hardly ever used (not so many people ttc naturally on FZ or coinciding with their 2WWs).
So, it was decided that it was enough to just have the ttc naturally chatter thread (** TTC NATURALLY CHATTER **) and people could talk about the 2WW there.

Of course, there may be more people trying naturally now though :D

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Reg: May 28th 2009

Friday, September 18th 2009, 5:00pm

Well I am TTC naturally (for now) and currently in my 2WW. Recently had the dye test and starting to reuse OPK to vamp up my chances. It's hard to tell when I ovulate because my cycle can be between 21-32 days. Usually we just BD every other day between D10 and D24.

But the dye test is meant to increase your chances a bit so I am feeling a little more positive than I have for a few years (we have been TTC for four years but only started to investigate since April).

I am currently on D25 with no signs of AF and no symptoms for either alternative at the moment.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Natural_Horse" (Sep 18th 2009, 5:03pm)

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• United Kingdom

Sunday, September 20th 2009, 11:34pm

Hey, Natural horse yes your right after a dye test it clears your tubes out and alot of people become more fertile after this has been done and often get caught pg straight away. Pregnology.co.uk there ovulation table is really good for helping you find when to test with a opk. You type your cycle day in and possible lh if you know it and last period date and it shows you the days to test with a opk and when you will ovulate. I must admitt i think its fab i have ovulated on the day it has said or the day after which to me is a genious for accuracy see if it can help you pin point ovulation Good luck hun FONT]

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Monday, September 21st 2009, 8:43am

How do you have a 2WW when your doing it naturally, can any1 explain please? :smile:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Monday, September 21st 2009, 8:44am

Quoted

Originally posted by amyeliz87
How do you have a 2WW when your doing it naturally, can any1 explain please? :smile:

after you ovulate and before AF arrives......
xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Monday, September 21st 2009, 9:07am

:smile: ok . . . well I find myself in the 2WW all the time though, however . . . I bought some of them OPK's . . . and someone - might be you Jensqui . . said, when you have PCOS you tend to get an LH surge anyways.

Well . . I haven't had anything, and my days 13-23 have passed now, in between when I should have ovulated, and noooooo surge at all, no even a hint. So . . . I am convinced I don't ovulate, and will do it again next month, but will tell gynae on 21st oct :sadface:

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• United Kingdom

Monday, September 21st 2009, 4:29pm

Quoted

:smile: ok . . . well I find myself in the 2WW all the time though, however . . . I bought some of them OPK's . . . and someone - might be you Jensqui . . said, when you have PCOS you tend to get an LH surge anyways.

Well . . I haven't had anything, and my days 13-23 have passed now, in between when I should have ovulated, and noooooo surge at all, no even a hint. So . . . I am convinced I don't ovulate, and will do it again next month, but will tell gynae on 21st oct :sadface:
Hi Amy
Sometimes and it IS possible you can miss your lh surge if your not testing enough. You do NOT use morning wee did you know this ?You should start testing from day 10 and test at least 3 times a day morning, late afternoon and 8pm. I use ebay cheapies with them being cheap you can test as often as you want to. I never got my positive this month till day 16. I do know a lady who has pcos and she had months when she still got her lh surge but she is now on clomid to produce more eggs. When you see your gyno he will do a blood test to confirm if you are ovulating i think its day 21 they do this dont quote me on that i am not 100% sure if its day 21 they do the lh surge test to confirm if you are ovulating. Hope you get your bfp very soon hun xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, September 21st 2009, 5:09pm

Quoted

:smile: ok . . . well I find myself in the 2WW all the time though,

If you never ovulated you wouldn't ever be in the 2WW, the 2WW is the time after ovulation and before af (as Jensqui said). This time is also known as the luteal phase.

Quoted

however . . . I bought some of them OPK's . . . and someone - might be you Jensqui . . said, when you have PCOS you tend to get an LH surge anyways.

Women with PCOS have elevated LH levels so OPK's are less reliable, this is the reason OPK's instruction say they are not suitable for women with PCOS because they can give false results.

Quoted

I don't get positive OPK's and didn't the month my DD was conceived, I still ovulated and the proof is currently in my arms!

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 9:05am

Polly . . that's positive news then isn't it :smile:

Tinkerbell . . . Yep, I knew not to use morning wee, hehe, I'd read up loadsa before I got them, and mine too are ebay cheapies :snigger: Although I wasn't testing 3 times a day, as it's harder at work, because of pee'ing in a cup :snigger:

Any advice regarding this, as can't hold it in wee stream, as doesn't get a good enough drenching ?( ?(
I was testing about 7/8 at night, but you're right, I could have possibly missed it.

Even the nurse said it appears to be genetic & hereditary, having fertility problems, and it's sooooooooo true!!! My mum struggled to concieve me, but once on Clomid, had me. My aunty struggled, and didn't ovulate, Clomid did nothing for her, and she's had 4 rounds of IVF, resulting in 3 seperate successful pregnancies :smile:

I just hope i'm like my mum, and not my aunty, although we all know I take after her :O

Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 3:44pm

Hi all,

Having a particularly low day in my '2WW' today. No symptoms either way but AF is surely coming any day soon. It's hard to predict my cycle lengths - there's more than 10 days difference from cycle to cycle. This month seems to be a long one for me, currently on D29. The long cycles play with my mind because it gets me hoping, set up for a fall. Especially since I had the dye test done two months ago and that gets the hopes up as well.

*sigh*

Four years of TTC and nothing. I know all of you have felt like this but it just seems so hopeless most of the time. I doubt I will ever get a BFP naturally and next step is IVF and stats are like 1 in 3 work right?

I'm not a betting person but am I really going to put £4k - £5k down on a chance for IVF to work? And if it doesn't, will I have to go through it all again with the same 1 in 3 odds?

Sorry for bringing the topic down, it's just hard to stay positive, especially when AF is just around the corner.

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 4:30pm

Hey, Amy have you tried getting one of those urine sample bottles from your gp surgery and taking this to work :smile: so you can do afternoon tests. Saves peeing in a cup :snigger: this is easier to have in your bag :snigger: . I would test from day 10 on your next cycle right up till day 22 and if possible test 3 times a day, morning time , lunch time or tea time then 8pm night time. Good luck hun xxx

Natural_Horse Aww hun sorry your having a bad day i had a bad day yesterday :sadface: your 2ww is not over yet so keep the pma hun.
Remember its not over till af arrives and its possible that if you test early and its bfn then you could of ovulated later and there is not enough hcg to be detected. I know excat what you mean about ivf the price is so expensive and yes if it did fail then you would have to put up the money again to have the cycle all over again. Its one of them catch 22's you want to have it if you have to have it to conceive but its the funding and wether it will work :sadface: have you tried preseed ? a lube that does help with ttc i know that some here dont belive in it but it has worked for me and when it works for people who do ttc for a while and get bfn then get dozans of bfps with preseed then it must do somthing. I had 2 x icsi and 3x iui all bfn i used preseed and opks and got pg with twins naturally. I have used pressed since and had 4 bfps in 2yrs all ending in miscarriage but thats because i have a immune disorder xxx

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 8:24pm

Quick question does hcg only produce when the egg has implanted or does it start to produce as soon as the egg has been fertilised and dividing into the many cells ?? I dont know wether to post this here or as a actual topic ermmm i will do both lol

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 9:37am

Thanks tinkerbell . . didn't think of that, I might ask hospital for one when I go next month.

Natural-horse . . we seem to be the same, my cycles are massively different, and on the 40+ day cycles, it messes with your head because you just pray and hope that it's because you're pregnant :sadface:
I take it you have to fund IVF because one of you have a child already?

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 12:42pm

Neither my hubby or I have children but currently I am too young (31) to qualify for NHS funded IVF (one cycle only) where I live (Hampshire). But hopefully the age criteria is changing in December...

My cons won't even consider putting me on Chlomid to help regulate my cycles - but I will be contesting that decision.

I am thinking of doing egg sharing next year, as a way to help fund it. But I have a lap and dye scheduled for next month, so I want to give that a chance first.

No AF yet... no signs of anything except the stupid spots on my face that always erupt around this time.

Thankfully I am not as low as I was yesterday, poor hubby didn't get much niceness out of me last night. I did go and spend some time with my horse though and just cuddled him - that helped as it always does.

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 1:51pm

I play football, and went last night training, and I am always in a good mood after that. It must be true that exercise relieves stresses eh :snigger:

Your poor DH . . it's much the same with me & my DB though. Because they can't understand it's not how we choose to be, it's hormones, to have a child with them :sadface:

Anyways . . Maybe consider moving! LOL, drastic I know, but I think my PCT is 23 - 39 age range . . I'm too young atm :sadface: BUT, if I lived where you do, then what would I do, because the gynae's have told me, I won't concieve or have kids after 30!! :8o: Surely they must be able 2 waver the age range in certain criteria!!

And definately contest the Clomid thing! Thats disgusting!! xfingers for you!!

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 3:27pm

Hey amy, if you live in liverpool you can have iui/ x3 ivf/icsi x2 on nhs at your age. The liverpool womans hospital has just been given a award for being the bestivf hospital etc because they treat so many patients a year more than others in the uk. xx

Natural horse fx your bfp hun when are you excpecting af or are you not sure with your cycles. Have you Tested! Good luck with your lap and die next mth. I had one a few years back there well worth having. xxx

Afm well no where near test day but getting there SLOWLEY :snigger: no pains no signs of implantation :sadface: not really builiding my hopes up for a bfp this month. It always seems to take a while after a mmc for me to get bfp.

Tink
xxx

Reg: Jul 20th 2009

Children: Still waiting to be blessed with 1 ... or 2?

Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 11:35pm

Hey all just thought i'd post a wee note in here with you ladies.. :flowers:

I am waiting to be put on the list for ICSI but we're still currently hoping every month that we get that BFP naturally!

We have male factor issues...

So today AF should have been here... normally a couple of days on the lead up i have really really bad cramp.. but i have nothing but some pale spotting (sorry tmi)
My (.)(.) are really sore and my skin is a mess... dont feel sicky or anything appart from when i brush my teeth. (mornings and nights)

Don't really want to build my hopes up to get let down,,, just hoping AF stays away for 9 months!! Will test next week if still no AF

Good luck to all you ladies on 2WW!!! You can do it!!

bigkissbigkiss

x x x x x x x

baby8Can't Wait For The Journey To Begin - Bring On The Bumpage!!x baby8

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 7:48am

Quoted

Originally posted by Natural_Horse

My cons won't even consider putting me on Chlomid to help regulate my cycles - but I will be contesting that decision.

Hi NH

I am a Hants girl too and understand that things will be changing in or around December, so fingers crossed for you.

Speak to your consultant about regulating your cycle, but it won't be Clomid for that, as it isn't prescribed for regulating cycles and I see from your other posts that you've had your day 21 tests and you are ovulating ok? BUT, your consultant SHOULD be poked to investigate further why you are ranging from 21-31 day cycles. Or if he won't, hassle your GP!

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 8:33am

Sorry for butting in but when my periods were longer and shorter from one month to the next I started taking Agnus Castus, I think it took about 3 months to take effect and I'm not saying it works for everyone but it seemed to work for me (and eventually I did get pg). Good luck

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 9:30am

Hi guys,

I have angus cactus at home and I must admit that I am hopeless at taking something twice a day. I will try harder though because I hear good things about it.

Eeyore - My D21 results came back as 26 and then 76. I am pretty sure that I do ovulate each cycle but with such a difference in length, getting the time right to do the blood test is pure guess work. The 26 result I had got it completely wrong (D20 on D33 cycle) and the 76 result was D19 on a D25 cycle.

Littlemissdee - my fingers are crossed for you!

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 9:53am

What is Angus Cactus?? ?(

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 1:17pm

Hi Amy

Agnus castus is a hormone balancing herb often used to regulate cycles and aid fertility. It has been used for thousands of years for those reasons but there has been little research into it's true effects.

This thread may help you too.

Agnus castus

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 1:58pm

Sounds interesting! I have just had a phone call from my clinic to say i have my 1st appointment regarding ICSI on 30th October so i'm looking forward to that... it will cushion the fall a bit if i get a BFN this month! Fingers crossed for you all!!

bigkiss x x x

Friday, September 25th 2009, 4:05pm

AF arrived yesterday for me. Despite 4yrs TTC, it still depresses me - I did everything right this cycle! :sadface:

Anyway girls, I'll be back next month to chat!

Until then, I'll still be online, lurking all the topics.

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• United Kingdom

Friday, September 25th 2009, 9:19pm

Aww NH i am so sorry chick and wishing you the best of luck next month.
Sending you tons of babydust and i have my fingers crossed for you. I may be joining you myself and back ttc next mth .. i did a test today and it was bfn but according to my dates its still a little to earlier to test but who knows i will know for sure on monday. I felt a sharp pain before and hoping its implantation pain but its prob somthing elsa this is just my luck. XXX

Friday, September 25th 2009, 10:47pm

Sorry to hear you got a bfn hun... i think my AF is on the way too.. still getting the stupid spotting and i'm not really holding out much hope!
Have a lovely weekend hun..

x x x x x :heart: x x x x x

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• United Kingdom

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 3:41pm

Hey, Girls Hope you all had a lovely weekend :smile:

Littlemissdee, Fab news on your appointment date for icsi :happy: fx you dont come on af, spotting can be caused by implantation you know rooting for you
chick!

Naturalhorse, Sending you lots of love sweetie. xxxx

Afm .. I changed my ticker because i am having a 32 day cycle with me ovulating on day 17 so its not the normal cycle day i had last mth ?(
i did get a pos opk but you dont always ovulate, I did feel implantation pain on friday night it was a sharp pulling pain on my lower left side this i have felt before but not counting my chickens before they hatch.

So test day is not untill another 5 days but MAY! get a first responce test tomrrow test early as 6 days before af and see what that says.
Have to pursued dh first :snigger: i used all my hpts thinking my af was not gonna be this long this month.

xxxxx

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• United Kingdom

Saturday, October 3rd 2009, 4:14pm

Got my Af yesterday so back ttc this month and this time i am taking my temp and charting as well :smile: xx

Reg: Oct 15th 2009

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 12:23am

oh sooo close...

TTC naturally as well and my 2ww will be coming to an end as of this Wed. I'm so nervous!!! Hopefully my BT will give a BFP!!! I'm not sure exactly how long my cycles are because I just got off bc a couple months ago but my first period was a week late then has been quickly going back to my normal 28 days hopefully so who knows...

Has anyone been having any symptoms at all?

For me I have more visible veins on my BBs, moody today (cried off and on all day yesterday, slight twinges around abdominal area, hungry all the time... But I've never payed this much attention to my body before so I could be overanalyzing it all.. plus with AF I usually could tell she was coming but... nothin' really.

Good Luck Everyone!

Nicole :)

wifey

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 3:53pm

Hello ladies, have been ttc naturally for over a year now and no luck.. I'm on cd21 and been having some slight twinges in the womb area. Has anyone had that and then a bfp... I think every sympton is a sign but then it could be a sign for af...

I have an appointment with a consultant tomorrow to ind out what is going on.

good luck to you all

Tina

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 6:45pm

SoccerLuver15, How did you get on in your 2ww hun hope you got your bfp hun. :smile:

Wifey, Twinges on cd 21 sounds great, sounds like what they call implantation pain well it wont exact be that pain now on cd 21 but shall i say embryo snuggling in new home pains :happy: I have had thesa pains before and they have been implantation pain so fx this is what your having hun.

Afm i start the 2ww tomorrow :happy:

xxx

Reg: Nov 1st 2009

Children: 1 fabulous boy aged 7

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 2:47pm

I'm new!

Hi all

I'm new to the TTC naturally game. Just had a round of IVF after TTC for 5 years and it unfortunately ended in miscarriage.

But I've jumped back on the horse (so to speak) and we're having a go ourselves. OPK showed 2 lines yesterday and today so I guess that means I'm ovulating. How long do the lines last? Once they've gone have you ovulated? I'm new to all this and this is my first time using them so I'm not too sure. Think DH is fed up with BDing already!! Poor soul tries to run away when I shout him!! :snigger: . Hoping that the 'fertile after a miscarriage' thing isn't a myth either!! ?(

Any advice would be welcome!

Audrey

x
1st IVF Oct/Nov 09 - :BFP: 12/11/09 m/c 02/12/09 @ 6wks 4days

joL

Ace

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 4:14pm

oh i like thread. im also ttc naturally. just goinh through the investigation stage at the mo but hoping it will happen by itself. though that hope id gradually fading every month. i am currently to 2ww and every other month i drive myself insane with "symptoms" that are all in my head. if i had £1 for everything iv googled early signs i think id b well on the way to being a millionaire lol. any this month cause xmas is coming im refusing to get worked up im NOT having imaginary symptoms this moth i wont allow it lol and as my AF is due xmas day im determine to not let it ruin the festive period! i will b merry if it kills me :snigger:. i think for people wanting a baby xmas is hard enough well it is for me i put my xmas decorations up and have mine and dh stockings hanging either side of the fireplace and every time i look at them i keep think LOOK how much room is there, there is defo room for another 1 or 4 lol. Any way im glad you started this thread.
JoJo xx

:BFP: 25th Dec 09 au naturale
Bouncing baby boy Lee 9lb65oz. 11th sept 2010

Reg: Jan 21st 2010

Children: A gorgeous boy born 2012

Friday, January 22nd 2010, 11:39pm

Wow Jojo - what a great Xmas present - you appear to have a BFP!!

It's lovely to see that despite a bit of a wait people manage it au naturale. You can get a bit of a scewed view on FZ and it's important to remember that our bodies can work if we're lucky! I'm just at the investigation stage too but really hoping it won't all be necessary. DH reall ywants to push things forward to "solve the problem" but I keep reminding him that I have to go through the tests not him! The 2WW is sooooo boring. I'm sure it's longer than the average 2 weeks too! I also have lots of phantom pregnancy symptoms like "oooh, I'm sure my boobs are slightly more tender than they usually are" and "i feel sick, yes, I'm sure I feel sick".!! There is also certain proof that God is a man. No woman would make it that not only do you have this huge feeling of disappointment when AF comes to visit but alos you feel pain and discomfort and on top of all this hormones flying around that make you completely irrational. DH has got used to the monthly sobbing now and takes it all in his stride.

Good thread girlies - let's keep it going!

McFx

1st ICSI May 2011- : :BFP: Gorgeous Roan safe and sound

FET August 2013 :BFN:
Incredible natural :BFP: August 2014 (fingers crossed)
McFlozzer's Marvellous Mission to Make a Mini-Me

joL

Ace

Saturday, January 23rd 2010, 2:10am

Hey flossy I know I still cant believe it. Sumthing musta just clicked tht month. Mite hav been the pma. But I think it was the epo and agnus castus id been taking. They help cycles etc. Id nly been takin them 1.5mths. If u wana giv them a go pm me and il tell u wot suited me
JoJo xx

Reg: Jan 21st 2010

Children: A gorgeous boy born 2012

Saturday, January 23rd 2010, 4:26am

Jojo - A friend has given me some agnus castus. I was very suspicious of it because there is no writing on the outside! Might give it a try then!! I hope everything continues well with you and everything nice and straightforward.

McFx

1st ICSI May 2011- : :BFP: Gorgeous Roan safe and sound

FET August 2013 :BFN:
Incredible natural :BFP: August 2014 (fingers crossed)
McFlozzer's Marvellous Mission to Make a Mini-Me

joL

Ace

Saturday, January 23rd 2010, 2:36pm

I got liquid agnus castus from holland n barratt n I took 3mls per day. N 2 tablets of evening primrose oil a day up until ov
JoJo xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE