You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sun Flower

Superstar

• "Sun Flower" started this thread

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 2:41pm

nasal spray or injections?

Hi
I am starting my first medicated FET cycle beginning of October and I had a brief conversation with the con yesterday after my hysteroscopy, I asked about injections and he said I could use a nasal spray instead, if I wanted to??

anyone know what this would be called? wanted to look it up and do some research, also what is the major difference between injections and nasal spary (ie. is there a huge cost difference or time difference)

I will be taking the pill for 3 weeks to DR - apart from that, not sure what will happen?

any ideas ladies??

Thank you xx

Sun Flower

Superstar

Friday, September 18th 2009, 12:21pm

anyone??? :smile:

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Friday, September 18th 2009, 2:01pm

Hi Sunflower

I am about to start D/R using nasal spray, it is called Suprecur

Good luck

x

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Friday, September 18th 2009, 3:20pm

Hi Sunny - in the thread INFO: WHAT IS FET? the donks talks about prostap injections or synarel nasal spray.:xxx3:

Moonshine

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Friday, September 18th 2009, 4:26pm

Hi Sunflower,

I think the link Moonshine has given explains it all, but when I was D/R for my fresh cycle I was given the nasal spray synarel. As it was then July, the nurse asked if I had hayfever or anything which could cause a problem sniffing as, if so, I could have injections to D/R instead.
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP
FET Jan 10 :BFP:
bab11 Alexander James 17/10/10

2nd FET Feb 13 :BFN:

My Trying Again Diary

Sun Flower

Superstar

Friday, September 18th 2009, 5:07pm

Thanks ladies
good luck with your cycles Andrea & Elisa, fingers crossed for you both x

Moonshine, you are a star! will have a read of that link now....as a mod I should have done a search shouldn't I?? :O Ooopps!! :snigger:

Thanks lovely ladies xxx

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Friday, September 18th 2009, 5:25pm

:snigger: I wasn't too sure whether to respond or not as I don't know about FET and didn't want you to think I was being patronising...but it was your desperate little "anyone???" that tugged at my heart srings :innocent:

Moonshine

Sun Flower

Superstar

Saturday, September 19th 2009, 3:17pm

:snigger:

thanks moonshine!! xx

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Saturday, September 19th 2009, 3:55pm

Sunny flower,
For what its worth, I've done both jabs and sniffing and I MUCH preferred the jabs.
I was sniffing three times a day, and I found it stressful to remember (used my alarm on my mobile phone) and I was also worried about enough of the drug going in (it kept on running down my face instead of going up my nose!).
But that might just be me :rolleyes:
Lots and lots of luck for your FET!
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sun Flower

Superstar

Sunday, September 20th 2009, 5:56pm

Thanks Mavis,
3 times a day!!!! dont like the idea of remebering while I am at work and running down my face too!!!!! doesn't sound very attractive or appealing! :snigger:

during our last IVF cycle we sourced the drugs seperatley from the clinic to reduce costs, is there a huge difference between the costs of jabs and the spray?

also is there a time difference - do you have to jab for longer or spray for longer? any ideas hun?? Thanks

big sunny hugs

:hugs:

x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE