You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rainbow35" started this thread

Reg: Sep 11th 2009

Friday, September 11th 2009, 10:07am

treatment in Seville - Spain

HI THERE I'M JANE FROM BRISTOL, MARRIED FOR 5 YRS, I DID 4 CYCLES OF IIVF USING MY OWN EGGS IN UK, AND A CYCLE OF IVF USING EGG DONOR IN SPAIN, THE CLINIC I USED IS FIV FERTILITY CLINIC IN SEVILLE, THEY WERE WONDERFUL, I GOT PREGNANT TWICE ,
THE CLINIC IS GINEMED , YOU CAN VISIT THE WEB WWW.GINEMED.ES HOPE THIS IS OF SOME USE TO YOU, JANE
Jane

Reg: May 17th 2010

Monday, May 17th 2010, 10:39pm

Hi Jane

Thank you for this post. I have been looking long and hard for patients ' feedback on Ginemed. I am currently in the position to go for embryo donation at two clinics: Ginemed and reprofit and would love to hear from you to hear about your experience in Seville. Thank you !

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 6:44pm

Hi Lizzie

Welcome to FZ! I hope you like it here, there is a wealth of information and lots of lovely ladies willing to offer their help and advice.

I don't have any knowledge of the two clinics you are looking at, but I have been to Spain for donor treatment so if I can offer any advice, based on my experience, I will be happy to help.

As far as I know most of the clinics in Spain seem to have a good reputation and success rates.

Do you mean Reprofit in Prague? If so I've turfed up an old thread here which might be helpful:

Reprofit

:goodluck: with your journey

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 9:58pm

Hello Gracie!

So excited to get a response and so fast ! Thank you .
Firstly , congratulations! You must be thrilled!

We are looking into double donation so I have to say that the idea to get a vitrified embryo is rather complex. I am glad that it comes from a couple who was successful in having a child through ivf and donated these frostees. I like that. It is also the idea of giving birth to an adopted child in a way...For me it is a beautiful and genereous act. There will be issues along the way if we get pregnant.....but I am trying to anticipate them and have been looking into donor network website.
Spanish clinics have a good reputation. So it looks like you can confirm this? Do things differ in term of procedure to the english ones when you go?

Thanks

Lizzie

Gracie

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 2:02pm

Hey Lizzie

Thanks, yes we are thrilled, it's been a very long journey so far but it looks like we've finally made it!

The clinic I used, Institut Marques, in Barcelona, runs an embryo adoption scheme so I assume lots of the other Spanish clinics do. It's a lovely thing to do I think, both on the part of the donor and the person hoping to 'adopt'.

I am not sure what drugs you would require, although I would assume it would be something similar to me - I was on Oestrogen patches from the first day of my period (this is effectively HRT - funny game this) and then I had a scan in the UK around a week later to check the progress of my womb lining. I then had to wait for my donor to be ready and then travelled out for the transfer. I started taking the beloved Progesterone pessaries the day before transfer and remained on both lots of drugs until 70 days after my BFP. Based on reading other ladies' experience of Spain all the protocols seem similar although vary slightly from clinic to clinic.

I guess with an embryo adoption the time scales would be greatly reduced and it would just need to fit in with your regular cycle.

I found the Spanish to have a fantastic attitude towards all of this, the clinic I used were very professional, although they are perhaps a bit more 'matter of fact' than here in the UK which took a bit of getting used to. They even rang my husband the other day just to see how the pregnancy is progressing, which was lovely.

If you do decide to go abroad be prepared to factor in some costs here in the UK as you will probably need to line up a clinic to carry out ultrasounds for you before your embryo transfer takes place. Expect to pay approx £100 per scan for this, I only needed one but everyone's different.

Best of all, no waiting lists!!!

If can I help further just let me know.

Best of luck to you.

xxxxxx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 9:29am

Dear Gracie

Thank you for your message. It is reassuring.
Since I last posted , we got offers from the two clinics we had shortlisted. So looks like we could start on the protocol you described next week! Heyyyy
Scary yet exciting journey.

Hopefully back here with some news
Lizzie XX

Gracie

What's Up?

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 1:36pm

Hi Lizzie

That's great news, I'll keep everything xfingers for you. Let me know how it all goes.

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Children: Two. Adopted daughter and son conceived through IUI

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 9:42pm

Hi Lizzie

I'm also going to Spain for ED and my first appointment is on 7th June. We must share notes thumbup .

Hope all goes well for you :xxx:
:hello:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995
1996 adopt gorgeous daughter [zx127]
IUI :BFP: 1998 gorgeous son :P
Egg donation 2005 :BFN: ;(
Embryo donation 23.6.10 :BFN: ;(

MY DIARY

Monday, May 24th 2010, 8:41pm

[zx126] Dear Sleepy Dumpling

Yes, most definitely. I might have mastered the art of smilies, flashing logos etc and and checking this site on a regular basis by then ! I have visited these websites in the past for my two IFV cycles but never got talking.
So fab. I will. We now know that embryo transfer will be in the summer. I do not need to go to the clinic before hand. So it is looking rather painless...God i don t miss these daily and the twice daily injections ( the only plus side of not using my own eggs so I hang on to that one tighly. BIG PLUS)
What about you then...Is the 7th June ET for you ? Or the start of the protocole? Could I ask you how you choose your clinic?

Lizzie x

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 6:52am

Hi Lizzie

great that you don't need to go to clinic before ET. The clinics in Spain seem to make life so much easier for us ladies. I had IVF with DE 5 years ago and we seemed to spend most of our time going back and forth to London. We are going for our first consultaion on 7th then for ET either July or September. The clinic shuts in August for their holidays which is a it of a pain but considering that we've been on the waiting list here for over 2 years that's not much of a wait. Just want to get on with it now smile2 .I chose the clinic after comparing cost, services and their response to email. I think I went onto a government site which suggested CREA and a few others. That was may starting point. I liked the speed with which they replied and they've been very helpful with questions etc. They have a special arrangement with a couple of nice hotels for anyone who wants to stay, reduced rates etc. The success rates in Spain seem to be high across the board so I went with my gut feelings really.

How about you? How did you choose? :xxx3:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 8:51pm

Hello again!

A very similar experience...spent a few sleepless nights( after I got told that I had become infertile...probably after infertility treatment...long story) looking up all possible clinics . Emailed over 25. Made a grid ( country, accessibility,info on donors, nationality, reason for donation-overplus or paid donation,number of offsprings that they can get, record of fertility of donor, waiting times, success rates, prices , eggs shares/garantees, speed to respond to mails and feedback from the girls on this website.
Selected 2 and waited to be at the top ofthe list.
Sounds rather work-y doesn't it? So wish I could make babies the old fashion ( or should I say the real ) way!
So it looks like we are going for ET roughly at the same time ( end of July-end of august for me) .
Will you use this trip to have a holiday too?

Lizzie

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Lizzie 90" (May 25th 2010, 8:54pm)

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 8:11am

Hi

when you break down the every step of the research process it sounds really worky yes!! :shocked: I can't imagine what it must be like to do it the old fashioned way. The young women in my street have had babies in the last 2 weeks. One got married last year and obviously planned it out and the other was an accident. I just can't it being that easy. I'm woken every morning by the sound of crying newborns.

We thought about using the time as a holiday but decided that we couldn't afford it twice so we are going for the day the first time to see whether that will be ok after ET otherwise we'll stay second visit.

It's nice to know someone sharing the experience at the same time. Do you plan to holiday? :xxx:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 9:46am

Hi

It's nearly Monday! I'm getting really nervous. My thyroid has been messing about and I hate flying. I know it will be worth it but can't help all those little feelings of uncertainty and doubt that creep in.

:whoops: :xxx:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 9:21pm

Hi!
I thought you might be interested to hear about the procedure as you will soon have your appointment....
Started prep for embryo donation today...Very very different procedure to ICSI. I remember trembling in front of a sack full of needles a few years ago, and the dreaded daily and then twice daily injections...BRRR :scared:
So got up, poured myself a big glass of water and took the contraceptive pill and vitamins. Voila! Job done( I know, sounds rather counter productive when trying to get pregnant, doesn t it?) . Apparently the first month needs to be controlled by the pill so we can synchronise the cycle.
Next stage, in a month or so is hormonal patches and aspirin and scan at some point to check womb .
feels like cheating really,doesnt it?

Lizzie

:cat:

Gracie

What's Up?

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 9:32pm

Hey

Sleepy - Try not to be too nervous hun, it will be fine. Hope your thyroid settles and the flight goes fine for you. :goodluck: xxx

Lizze - I know what you mean about 'cheating', although the patches irriate your skin a bit, make sure you swop around where you put them when you get to it. Don't worry about them coming off though, I only lost one in the months I was using them (and only because I stuck it in a stupid place on my bum!!) :goodluck: to you too.

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Friday, June 4th 2010, 10:27am

Hi Gracie

Thank you for the tips! Will think of strategic places when the time comes for patches:)
Now I am enjoying the thrill :rainbow: about starting a cycle again , before the fear of the 2ww.
Of course I cannot know what the outcome of all of this will be but it is uplifting to read the infos, under the messages, of the fertility tracks of some many girls here , who, in the end , were successful after such a long haul thanks to DIVF.

Lizzie

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 6:31pm

Hi

AF has arrived![zx245] Have started progynova and need to have a scan next Friday, if I can get someone to do it! I didn't think that would be the hard part.....silly me!:no: Anyway I must not let that dampen my otherwise highly raised spirits. As soon as I'm ready I can have ET. Can't belive how quick this is. I've been on the waiting list here for years. Please please work :angel2:

:xxx3:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 7:46pm

Hi !

You are soooo fast tracking! How fabulous!
We contacted the priory and Midlands fertility centre in the west Midands who were happy to do the scans in conjunction with the treatments abroad. It might be worth checking BMI ( Bupa type centres ) in your area.

Good luck

Lizzie

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 10:00pm

Hi Lizzie

I phoned the BMI clinic today and they flatly refused to help and said they would not get involved. How nice!!! :thumbdown:

Were you already a patient at the Midlands clinic? If I can't get the scan done locally I will travel to get it done. I just can't believe how unhelpful the Esperance were.

How are you feeling today?

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 10:09pm

Is the clinic in Birmingham?xxx

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 4:12pm

scans

Hi!

So sorry to hear Julie. One hospital is in Birmngham, the other one is not far way. Just back from a wedding in the peak distric so I could not respond earlier. I hope you found somewhere since your last post on Thursday. If not, I will send you the details privetely.

Take care

Lizzie

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 4:24pm

Hi Lizzie

how are things going with you? Any news?

I've managed to find a clinic who will scan me. It's about an hours drive so not too bad. I was beginning to panic a bit. Can't understand why it needs to be so difficult.

I'm 4 days into taking my PTU. Feeling good so far. I'm hoping that my thyroid will be miraculously stable at this point xfingers

Take care:xxx:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 4:34pm

Hi Julie

How weird to synchronise on the site this afternoon!
I am glad that you have found a clinic. You really do not need that added stress. But well, that is all sorted now!
I had such an amazing week end! the wedding was fabulous, the area was a real discovery for me and eventhough every woman at the wedding was either expecting or looking after their toddlers, the fact that i got my ET date and my box of medecine as I was leaving the house for the wedding made thing much easier.
Hope is a powerful force.
How is the treatment going for you? 4 days before scan! Sooo exciting!

Lizzie

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 11:27pm

HI Lizzie

You have your ET date? That's fab! :thumbsup2: When should it be? Things are really moving along for us.

Glad you had a lovely weekend. My DH has had to go away on a course so I've been entertaining girlfriends and family. It's been really nice having some girlie time, although I miss DH of course :snigger: . Sat on the beach this afternoon watching my son playing on the pebbles. It was heavenly.

I've had a really painful AF but it's settling now. I'm taking all my meds and feeling pretty good so far. I'm desperate to get a date for ET. Excitement is overtaking me a bit. I'm guessing it will be around the 26th, I'll know soon enough just need to be patient a bit longer!

Julie x :xxx:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Monday, June 14th 2010, 2:35pm

Hello Julie

Sounds heavenly , yes....
Painful AF...but might be the last one for a very long time:0)
26th...For me it is the 6th August. Seems ages away.....Opened my medecine box yesterday . I could not believe all the different types of pills/patches and injections. Did not expect so much for prep. Shall I expect to be 'hormonal'you think? I was really affected by the drugs for ifv . Anyway, will see!

Lizzie

Monday, June 14th 2010, 3:20pm

Hi

Sounds like you could feel a little hormonal. You'll need some TLC. Your prep is completely different from mine, is that because you need to sync with a donor? The 6th Aug will come around very quickly although if you're like me you want to do it yesterday!

:hugs: lots of hugs required

:xxx:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Monday, June 14th 2010, 6:56pm

Hi Julie
or more like it done 2 weeks ago and the 2ww is over!
No, I am puzzled now Julie..I am not getting synchronised with a donor. Just straightforward FET...
Lizzie

Monday, June 14th 2010, 10:51pm

Hi

I know each clinic has it's own way of doing things but why the long wait? Are the embies are already available?

Julie x

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 9:58pm

Hi Julie

yes I am puzzled too...
The embies are there , waiting at their ski resort, enjoying the ice.... Can't wait for them to get a trip under the Spanish sun!:easter2:

Anyway, I should stop moaning. Some girls wait for years before reaching that stage.

S - 3 :P ( scan minus 3 days for you!) :jilly:

Lizzie :xxx3:

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 10:15pm

Hi

Can't believe how fast the days are going by! Clinic doing the scan phoned me today with a time. They are so lovely, why can't they all be like that ?( I feel suprisingly calm and really positive today. I hope this is a sign xfingers

I wonder why your protocol is so long if you have snow babies waiting? As you say it's not long in the scheme of things and it will be here before you know it [zx127]

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Friday, June 18th 2010, 2:11pm

First TVS

Hi

just had my first scan since starting progynova. I AM READY!!! :faint: This is day 9 and I've had the longest period ever but that doesn't seem to have mattered. AND I have produced a follicle of my own :faint: :faint: Things look really good for FET. Could be next week then. Just waiting for CREA to get back to me about my results. I'm so happy!! happydance

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Friday, June 18th 2010, 5:02pm

scans

Hi Julie!

Hey!! :weehee:!!Next week!When we first started to chat, it seemed that it would take place in the Summer...seemed so far away and now, you are probably looking up flights for next week! I am feel so happy for you!
I acted on your last post and called the clinic to have an earlier date for FET. It was so far away and I was getting stressed to fit in with the rest of my life . It will be one week before it seems. Could have been earlier but I am sooo tired ( long long days at work at the moment) that it think it would not productive to have it earlier than that. I dearly hope to be pregnant but I am wondering: How do women cope being pregnant/having children and working 12hrs a day?

Take care

Friday, June 18th 2010, 10:44pm

Hi Lizzie

Women cope by being women LOL!! :snigger: I've got a date for ET. Next Wednesday!! Can you believe it?...Me neitherhappydance

pleased you've managed to bring your date forward a bit. I'm soooo excitedstarsmile

Take care :xxx3:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 8:13pm

:bye: Hi Julie

Have you booked your flight yet? When are you off? do you have loads of infos on the frosties awaiting for you already?
I have been advised [zx005]to rest for 2 days afterwards and to walk for 1 hour every day to ensure that the womb is getting irigated nicely .

So sooon now
babydust

:hugs:

Lizzie

Sunday, June 20th 2010, 8:31pm

Hi Lizzie

We have to be at the clinic Wednesday morning so we are flying Tuesday coming home Wednesday night. They've already given us as much info about embies as they are permitted. Blastocysts x2 which is fantastic. Same blood groups and colouring as DH. They are just waiting patiently for us to arrive!! I look like a tomato. :P Pharmacist says it's the steroids. Actually I look like an oversunned british tourist LOL!

The advice I've been given is not to lift, partial rest and no intercourse until after the test. Suits me to be pampered :thumbsup: I bet you're itching to get going now?! blowkiss

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Monday, June 21st 2010, 9:57pm

:cheese: I'm packing my bag!!! Hope to be home with baby4 on board.

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Monday, June 21st 2010, 10:42pm

embies on board

Hi Julie

yes you could say that...itching so much to get to that that I have scratched myself to the blood! reallllly can t wait. And hearing your news feels like a rehearsal for me.

Red? steroids? I am puzzled!

happy packing.. woohoo
Will think of you on Wednesday. Can t wait to hear about your adventures when you are back.

Take care
Lizzie :xxx3:

Reg: Mar 13th 2009

Children: Hoping for a miracle.....please

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 7:40pm

Hey Julie,

Congratulations - hopefully you are home with your precious cargo and taking it easy - fingers and eyes crossed for you......xxx

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 5:04pm

Hi guys!

What a slik experience!! I'm home with two embies on board. :pray: Hope they snuggle in tight. Enjoying a rest and being fussed over. My mum has even offered to do the housework! :weehee: Feeling on top of the world.

starsmile

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995

MY DIARY

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 11:00pm

Hello Julie

Fabulous news. I am sooo glad everything went so smoothly. It shows they know what they are doing and appreciate how important that you have a stressfree experience.

Take care

Lizzie

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE