You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "trixiebell" started this thread

Reg: May 26th 2009

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 12:37pm

sterilisation reversal cost? time to just book it

Hi I wonder if anyone can help.

Been through such a tugging situation as in ivf v reversal and the cost of both. Have decided reversal has to be the best option incase of miscarriage etc. To top it all off we have just has an ectopic pregnancy even though im sterilized and it has made us decide how much we want a baby so as daft as it sounds were going to find the money from somewhere.

Question is where is the best value to have it done? i dont mind travelling to save money. All the sites online say sterilization reversal in the uk is £2500 to £3500 I only seem to be able to find the £3500 hospitals. Anyone know where the cheapest are? also anyone and input in the option of having it done abroad?

Any advice greatful xx

Rae

Star

Reg: Apr 20th 2007

Children: 4

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 2:36pm

Hiya Trixiebell

I had the same dilemma some time back after 2 failed ivf cycles ... in the end after looking into both we decided on one last try of ivf which thankfully worked. I didn't find it any cheaper than £3,500 anywhere though!

The main reason for our decision was my age as the consultant we saw said that even if the reversal worked my fertility (or average fertility for age) meant that it still may not result in a baby.

Its a toughie!!!

Good luck with whatever your decide xx

Me 40
DP 43
twin boys born '93, dd born '98 [zx076]

Reg: Apr 15th 2008

Children: three children before being sterilised and now fourth one is 5 now thanks to ivf

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 10:08pm

hi i was in the same boat 2 years back and i was told that ivf was a better option to me as id been steralized more than 5 years and my age was against me so ivf it was and ok it took two attempts but worth every penny im now saving for another round of ivf good luck

Reg: Aug 16th 2009

Children: 3 Boys 23, 21, 19, and 1 girl 18

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 10:39pm

Hi, I was also told IVF was a better option as I was steralised over 16 years ago and they felt that even if they could reverse it they could not guarantee that my tubes would be free from damage after all that time. So we opted for IVf, 1st round failed bur FET worked. I would say its worth looking into the chances of pregnancy after reversal, whatever you decide I wish you well xx

1st IVF Nov 09 :BFN: :tear: FET April 10 :BFP: Sadly m/mc absolutely devastated
2nd IVF Nov 10 :BFN: Our dream is over

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 10:56am

I know this is an old thread, but see some replies from yesterday.

I was steralized over 15 years ago and went to see about getting it reversed when i was 38 (4 years ago) They told me i would be better off going for IVF as there was a chance that my tubes would be damaged and it still wouldnt guarantee me a pregnancy.

So, we saved an opted for 2 goes of IVF - but surly we wouldnt need the 2nd one right?

Wrong ...

First IVF Failed
Second IVF Failed
Third IVF worked :D
Sadly m/c at 8 weeks
Fourth IVF Failed.

After all the cost of IVF treatments, we could have opted for the reversal and had cash left over!

I am now comming up for 42 ... and still have trouble comming to terms that my DH will never be a daddy, that we will never have a birth child together - i so WISH i had gone for steralization reversal ... who knows what would have happened, but at least we could have tried each mth.

Now we have given up our dream of having a birth child together and have taken the adoption route.

Im glad to see ladies here for whom IVF worked and i wish each and every one of you all the very best :)
xxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Welshbird" (May 13th 2010, 10:58am)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE