You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 7:52pm

Results of TESE???

Hi everyone

I am just wondering if any of you have been through TESE (not personally obviously-unless there are any men on here) and if so when you got the results? I was led to believe that you get them on the same day as soon as the man comes around from the op! Though one of the other girls on here (hello babymaybeme!!) has been led to believe it will take two weeks for the results to come back! I just could not stand to wait that long to find out!!! it will kill us!
Thanks xxxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Friday, August 28th 2009, 2:04pm

Hi Gemma :smile:

First of all :hugs: , I know it sounds impossible but Try to relax .

My dh had his on the 10th. he didint come up to the ward until after 7pm so we were unable to find out straight away ethier .

So onto the time scales...
Well we were told that it takes at least 48 hours.
What happens is the tissue sample is taken to the Lab , where they extract them from the tissue and store them in viles.
This is then frozen for use later with icsi.
They look at them to check forms and mobilty, so it takes them a little while.

We were told on the Monday that we would find out by the friday... X(
So i did what i usually do and ignored that time scale waited 48 hours and called the clinic where the sperm was being stored asked to speak to the embroylogist and found out by the wednesday ...two days early ! :D
still i agree its daft having to wait for so long , after all the stress waiting to have it as well :rolleyes:

Still it was worth the wait in the end :happy:

you might be lucky , of your dh's app is early and the actual surgeon is around he may be able to let you know what he has seen.
Although my dh did have micro surgary so they could see the swimmers , i guess its a case of trying to nab the surgeon and ask him, although , they still will not give you a concret answer, they just might say they were seen but you must wait for the lab to give the actual conformation.
x

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Friday, August 28th 2009, 9:29pm

Hi Hollybolly

Thank you so much for your advice and information :smile: on this thread and also on the azoospermia chat one!

Although I am really peeved about them postponing the op, ive had a good think about it today and am now looking at it differently...as now this gives us an extra couple of months to get sorted with jobs, etc, as ive just qualified as a teacher and am looking for a job. We really wanted the security of me having a job to bring a baby into the world before we embarked upon ICSI/IVF, so maybe its better of this way! Hopefully ill find something soon!

As for not finidng out the results straight away...it will drive me crazy!!!! ?(

Im really glad for you that they found some swimmers :happy: When are you starting treatment?

xxxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

hollybolly

Superstar

Friday, August 28th 2009, 9:47pm

:hi: Gemma,

Yes postive thinking is the way forward! , as you say its going to be better later, giving you time to get settled and everything :smile:

It did drive me crazy waiting to find out the results but then it took from the day we found out dh had azoospermia to the actual ssr , 18 long stressfull months so waiting the three days wasnt as bad in comparrison , well thats what i had to tell myself so as not to go mad! :snigger:

I cant lie, it was tough waiting but i suppose theres some benifit from all the waiting you have to do to get there, in that you gain a little patience, only a little mind! :snigger:

Well for us treatment is on hold for now, it turned out my dh had narrowed tubes that were blocked , so they built a new tube in , this *could* fix the problem but they have only given us a 30% chance of this working.

We find out in Three months if the operation with the new tube was sucessfull dh will do another sperm test and at that stage we will know if it worked or not.

So in the meantime , we are trying naturally in case it has worked , i am wishing that i will be pg by the time November and the sperm test comes around, not sure i can take them saying it didnt work, dont get me wrong i all have to but its been so good imagining that it has , i dont want to give that away, if that makes sense?

Well in november i am 34 and that makes me fit the pct critera in my area for a free cycle of icf/icsi so i guess if its not worked then we go for it then.

How are you?
keeping busy untill the date?
Have they give you all the info on what to expect on the day?

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

hollybolly

Superstar

Saturday, August 29th 2009, 8:49am

Have you started a dairy Yet Gemma?

x