You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tamtam

• "tamtam" started this thread

Reg: Jan 12th 2009

Children: none

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 9:57pm

What type of medication do you use after E/C?

Hello just had my 6th egg collection and wonder what you ladies have before the transfer?
My clinic only prescribed pressaries this time and I am a bit nervous!
tamtam

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: (6 angels in heaven) 2 girls a previous relationship, and now a baby boy thanks to treatment

Friday, August 21st 2009, 7:13pm

Hi Tamtam

me again! :snigger:

I may have already told you what I had/am on? sorry if I have, I forget :O

I didn't have egg collection, but I had IVIG a week before ovulation, Intralipids about a week after ovulation (just before implantation, The only reason I had it this way is because I was having chemical pregnancies/ implantation failure, so I needed it.)

Prednisolone & progestorone & low dose aspirin once I got a BFP

basically, what I did, was went through Dr Alan Beer's book and circled all the meds I believed I needed. At first (my consultant) Dr Paul Armstrong was reluctant, but I begged him! and got them!

sorry, that's not much help probably!

Lou xxx
Need reproductive immunology success stories please 2 help others :)

have u got immune issues?

tamtam

• "tamtam" started this thread

Reg: Jan 12th 2009

Children: none

Friday, August 21st 2009, 7:42pm

Hi again!
Ha thanks for your input! :D
I had my egg collection yesterday. Only 6 eggs, so was a little disappointed as last time I got 12 I think. But then it's the quality that counts I guess.
I asked the nurse why I wasn't on any steriods this time (yes me begging for drugs!) and she said it's because I didn't do any immune test this time.
So I was so annoyed. How can they KNOW I need it but don't give me a prescription? So I asked my husband to phone up and they said it will be given once transfer is done. So it sounds like it's me rushing again...but I was so nervous!
I was given Prednisolone, progestorone (pressaries), dexamethasone and baby aspirin last time. Also had to take clexane.
You really make me smile. I have this picture of you circling those medicine that you might need......you are your own Dr! ha ha ha ha ha
I left the clinic after E/C yesterday and said to my husband 'I need to take steriods' and he said 'but you need a prescription, you haven't got one'
so I said 'I am just going to take what I've got left from last time.......'
ha ha ha ha ha
have a great weekend with your little bean Lou lou!
tamtam

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: (6 angels in heaven) 2 girls a previous relationship, and now a baby boy thanks to treatment

Friday, August 21st 2009, 8:03pm

Hi Tamtam

half a dozen quality eggs! you are right it is quality not quantity.

I don't blame you for taking the ones from last time, can't do any harm!

yep I am def my own dr!!! even my own GP said I should be a fertility doctor!

you have a great weekend too blowkiss

Lou xxx
Need reproductive immunology success stories please 2 help others :)

have u got immune issues?

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE