You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Footsie" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2007

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 2:50pm

Bromley PCT - IVF waiting times

Hi All

Does anyone know how long the current wait is for IVF in the Bromley PCT area. When I first went on the waiting list in April 08 I was advised that it would be somewhere between 18 months and 2 years. As I'm now getting close to the 18 months mark I was hoping there might be someone out there who has just reached the top of the list and can advise how long they've been waiting.

I did contact the PCT last month to try and get some sort of idea how much longer the wait would be but after about a week of going round in circles I gave up!

Another thing I'm interested in is if anyone out there has managed to transfer their funding from their PCT to a clinic outside of the area. I've been told that this is possible but my initial request has been refused.
Me 32 - Blocked tubes cleared 2007, very slim chance of conceiving naturally
DH 31 - No problems

1st IVF Dec 07 - Poor response - BFN
2nd IVF Mar 08 - BFN
3rd IVF - Sep 08 - BFP but didn't quite make it :sadface:
4th IVF - May 09 - BFN

5th IVF - Nov 10 - BFN

twinkletoes

Superstar

Reg: Mar 29th 2008

Children: 1 stepson 1 stepdaughter

Friday, August 21st 2009, 7:38am

Hi Footsie, sorry cant answer your question but didnt want to read and run, i'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you some insight.... in the meantime, stay positive, maybe a letter to your consultant could help somewhat??.
wishing you lots of luck on your journey.

blowkiss

IVF #1 :BFN: IVF #2 APRIL 08 :BFN: IVF #3 Sept 08 :BFN: IVF #4 Feb 09 :BFN: June 09 FET embryo's didnt survive
Tubes Removed 11/08

Reg: Apr 21st 2009

Children: i have 1 son from when i was younger with an ex

Thursday, September 3rd 2009, 10:28am

hi hun sorry i cant help much i live in beckenham and we are on our last set of clomid then have to go it alone as i have a son from my teens with an ex ( but we dont have the money so will need to save for 2-3 yrs ) i did look into ivf with icsi at pru/shirley oaks/and cloverfiled ( ? spelling) all said its norm about 2 yrs on a norm list and would take upto 6mth for them to do all the checks and get us started on treatment when we go private. that was about 8mths ago now.

good luck with it hun i will keep fingers crossed for you

14th try on clomid and got a BFP

:snigger:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lealovespaul09" (Sep 3rd 2009, 10:30am)

kimtia

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Hopefully one day.......

Sunday, September 6th 2009, 8:41pm

RE: Bromley PCT - IVF waiting times

Sorry Footsie, I've just seen this.

Maybe if you post on the clinc chat, you will get some answers. I've put the link here

Hope this helps xx

Jelly31

Reg: Sep 29th 2009

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 8:11pm

Hi Footsie,

I found your post by accident as I was searching on line for the same info. I rang bromley pct yesterday and they are unsure as to waiting times. Apparently they are not happy with the service they are receiving from their supplier! anyway I spoke to a very helpful lady called Amanda Easter in Commissioning and she confirmed that I was on the list and to call her back in 2 weeks, she hopes to let me know how long it will be then. It might be a good idea for you to do the same. She made it sound as if they are working on reducing the time - so fingers crossed.

Let me know how you get on

Jelly

syrup

Reg: Dec 8th 2009

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 11:17am

Hi Footsie

Having been on the NHS waiting list since November 2007, our 2 year wait is up, but don't hold your breath.

There have been contractual and funding issues since around September and apparently there have been no new treatments started since then.

We are apparently 15th on the list and the plan is to get over 80 through by February 2010, but as the only time I have heard anything from Bromley PCT is through my own phone calls, I do not see how they will achieve this.

I believe the plan is that they are soing away with the waiting lists and putting couples through treatment 18 weeks after consultation, apparently a similar scheme to what Kent do, but the waiting lists have to be cleared first.

Just before you start shouting at any contacts that you have within the Trusts, this problem has occurred purely at Chief Executive and Board level, but it would appear that Chelsfield are the service providers again.

I have only picked up this information from phone calls, so I may well be inaccurate in certain parts of it, but with Christmas approaching, I can see that this may well be a tough time to rush couples through.

Good luck with yours!

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 11:51am

Thanks so much for your answer, what a nightmare. They should sort themselves out and get on with it!
DH 31 - No problems

2nd IVF Mar 08 - BFN
4th IVF - May 09 - BFN

5th IVF - Nov 10 - BFN

Thursday, March 11th 2010, 4:51pm

Just thought I'd update this in case anyone else was looking at it waiting for news.

We finally have our first appointment booked in on 17th March, apparently treatment is now underway again and they're trying to work towards the 18 week rule.

However, those of you who went on the waiting list a while ago, be warned. Origially it didn't matter how much private treatment you had received, you would still receive one NHS funded cycle. This has now changed and they won't treat anyone who has had three or more unsucessful cycles. Luckily none of my paperwork ever went near my GP so I don't have to declare all my cycles and for anyone that this affects I suggest you appeal. It seems v unfair that they can just change the rules at the drop of a hat!
DH 31 - No problems

2nd IVF Mar 08 - BFN
4th IVF - May 09 - BFN

5th IVF - Nov 10 - BFN

Reg: Mar 11th 2010

Thursday, March 11th 2010, 6:04pm

Hi Footsie,

I was put on the waiting list in Jan 2009 and have had my inital appointment through today for the 22nd April at Orpington hospital.

So they are obviously now doing something, I have had and egg share cycle but am not telling them that :D

xxx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 1:03pm

Just wanted to add an update to this. I went to the Princess Royal last week in Locksbottom and was told that Bromley PCT now working to a 3-4 month wait. We were added to the list yesterday and have been told we should be seen by November up at Guys and St Thomas' hospital. We have done a bit privately already which I think has helped us (DH's sperm retrival and all blood tests etc), but really hope this means everyone else waiting under Bromley PCT gets seen very soon too!
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE