You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mrs R

• "Mrs R" started this thread

Reg: Nov 10th 2008

Children: BMChelsfield

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 2:15pm

Why hasn't it improved?

Hi everyone

My DH has had 3 SA tests now, a few months between each one. After the first, he started taking Maca tablets and watching where he was putting his mobile phones etc and after the second one, started also taking WellMan tablets as well as the Maca. With all these tablets and awareness about other factors, I was surprised to be told that there was no improvement in his test results. He doesn't have baths, eats reasonably healthily, has never smoked and rarely drinks alcohol. His results apparently weren't dreadful, just "slightly low" so I would have expected to see an improvement. The only thing I can think of is that he always feels hot to the touch (to me I mean), he says he doesn't feel hot himself but I wondered whether being a naturally hot person is killing off his boys? Any advice anyone?

Thanks, apologies for the long post!
Mrs R
TTC since June 2008

xfingers :dust: [zx189]

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 2:50pm

RE: Why hasn't it improved?

sorry Mrs R I don't have any advice.

Despite taking supplements, etc, etc my partner never saw any change in his SA results either (5 SAs over a 2 year period). His SA has always been low on motility and morphology, borderline average on count and volume. I always wondered of there was an improvement in the quality of those that were okay, even though there was no difference in the SA numbers (given that we have now conceived 5 times after being referred for ICSI on basis of first 2 SA results).

The lifestyle changes and supplements are not guaranteed to make any difference I'm afraid.

xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JENSQUI" (Aug 20th 2009, 2:50pm)

Mrs R

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 3:43pm

Thanks Jensqui, it's so encouraging to hear that your partner had the same problem but that you managed to conceive, albeit assisted. I think that's going to be the way we need to go too, I can't imagine falling pg naturally now.

Congratulations on your Jumping Jellybean, it's lovely to hear good news from people who were TTC for a long time - gives the rest of us hope! Hope the next 4 months are happy and healthy for you.

xx
Mrs R
TTC since June 2008

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 5:21pm

Hi Mrs R,

Sorry to hear there hasnt been any improvement but I just wanted to mention that heat can indeed have an effect.

From some reading i did , it said the reason the testicles are held lower than body so to speak is to keep them cooler.

My dh Drives for a living and therefore sits on them a fair bit, although he had Azoopermia so they couldnt get out anyway , however he was advised to on a regular basis after shower or bath , rinse them with cold water to cool them off.

I am not sure if this would have much effect, if any
but if you feel heat could be a factor then perhaps it *may* help.
x

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Mrs R

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 5:32pm

Thanks Holly, that makes sense. Maybe that could be my job in the mornings - splashing him with cold water!! pmsl
Mrs R
TTC since June 2008

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE