You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Tishers" started this thread

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 9:33am

Gonal F doseage amounts

Hi all, me again

I have been taking Gonal f at 75, well I thought it was, the pen was turned to 75 but it only clicked once when I injected it. I didn't think nothing of it at the time but when I did the 150 dose last night it clicked at least three times, maybe four and thats when I started to think about it. Have I only been giving myself 37.5 dose when I should be giving myself 75? It also explains why there is still liquid left in the pen after the four doses when 75 x 4 = 300 which is how much my pen holds. perhaps that explains why my follicles are not doing brilliantly? I am waiting for a nurse at my clinic to call back, but I am in a real panic about this now because if my partner realises, he will go bezerk.

Please help somebody :sadface:
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tishers" (Aug 18th 2009, 9:33am)

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 12:37pm

I'm afraid I can't advise, Hun as I used the ampoules that I had to draw up into a normal syringe...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Michelle

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 2:24pm

It's been a while so not sure if i'm remembering this right.....but isn't there a 'window' with the dosages marked out so that you can see exactly how much is left in the pen ?( There is a bit extra in every pen so if there's only a tiny bit left then it's fine.

For 75iu's there should be two clicks yes but if you had it set to 75 and the pen was pushed in as far as it would go each time then you can't go wrong really?!
Hopefully the nurse who calls you back will be able to reassure you.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 3:59pm

Tishers, there will always be fewer clicks for a small dosage compared to a bigger one, I reckon if you had the pen set to 75 then it will be fine. As for liquid left at the end, that always happens, it used to spook me too, but then my nurse told me they always put plenty of extra in the pens just incase people get over excited priming the pens and use up lots! I hope your clinic have called you back to reassure you x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

• "Tishers" started this thread

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 4:14pm

Well the nurse called me back and I explained to her, but she said one click was fine, I feel better now and your replies help me so much

Thank you!
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE