You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chatterbox

Megastar

• "chatterbox" started this thread

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Monday, August 17th 2009, 3:25pm

DE IVF in Famagusta Northern Cyprus?

Anyone know anything about the IVF centre in Famagusta? Liverpool Women's hospital are "twinned" with the centre and refer ladies here.

Costs are about £7-8K and include donor drugs, accommodation, flights, and ICSI (which is all they use). They are also claiming a current 72% success rate. (I know you can say anything with stats!) They guarantee 6 good quality embryos or there's money back...

Wondering if anyone has had a personal experience or knows of anyone who has. If we go down DE route then I'm tempted by this clinic as we get all our tets and paperwork and monitoring done at Liverpool and fly out literally for DH to deliver his sample and for ET.

Any comments appreciated!

:D

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

amy01

Reg: Nov 8th 2009

Children: None

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 7:14pm

RE: DE IVF in Famagusta Northern Cyprus?

Hi I was looking for information about the same IVF center and came across your question from a couple of months ago.
Im with Liverpool Womens and im just about to start treatment with the centre in Cyprus, but I have to say Im really nervous that its all a bit of a scam.They could be lining me up with anyone as its all anonymous I wouldnt know any different!
I had a few failed pregnancies and eventually was told my egg quality was too low to concieve given my age( im now 42).
Did you find out any more, like I said, Im really nervous, I just dont see an alternative!!

chatterbox

Megastar

• "chatterbox" started this thread

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Monday, November 9th 2009, 9:16pm

Hi hun, well its not totally anonymous, in the sense you're given "CV's" from your potential donors. They list colouring, hair type, eye colour etc, interests, education... And you do get to choose a first, second and third choice.

So you do get to match yourself up in more ways than just colouring...I know in theory your donor could say they love classical music and be well read and perhaps only like soaps...

It is nerve wracking, but I suppose its just a different kind of leap of faith. I'm not going down the donor road yet, we decided to try again with my own eggs and a different protocol, but please let me know how you go on and remember that this site will help you through it all. There's a donor diary thread that you can become a member of. http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/board.php?boardid=118 though you will have to make a certain number of posts before you can view it.

:hugs: and good luck! :D

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE