You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lizzy dripping" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: Boy, girl, twin boys

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 7:37pm

Utrogestan

Hi everyone.

I had egg collection yesterday, and I can't remember when i was supposed to begin my Utrogestan. I think nurse said second day after egg collection, which would be tomorrow.

I'm flapping a bit now, and of course clinic doesn't open til the morning. Is two days later the norm?

Thanks
I

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Monday, August 17th 2009, 8:17am

Hi Lizzy,

I didn't want to read this and run, sorry you didn't get a reply last night - I hope you've not spent the night worrying.

I was on cyclogest pessaries rather than the utrogestan but they play the same role. 2 days after is when I started taking mine, which coincided with the ET day. I can't say if this is the norm as I've only had experience of one drug and one clinic, so now it's Monday I'd advise you give your clinic a call just to be on the safe side.

:xxx3:

Moonshine

Lolo

Ace

Reg: Mar 18th 2009

Monday, August 17th 2009, 9:53pm

Hi Lizzy,

I have plenty of experience with ECs and ETs and know it doesn't really matter when you start cyclogest/utrogestan as long as you start before ET. You cannot really o/d on progesterone. I have in the past started up to 5 days before ET at the most and the day before ET at the latest so do whatever you feel like. Hope this helps.
:wine:
NB! It's important to relax

• "lizzy dripping" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: Boy, girl, twin boys

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 7:29am

Clinic confirmed I should do first dose yesterday morning, so all was ok.

Out of interest, what is benefit of taking this drug? I realise it is to establish and support implantation, but are we ivf ladies in need of the extra help? Is the womb lining not as "established" as that of someone with a natural pregnancy?

I personally have a proven track record with maintaining an early pregnancy, so shouldn't that be a determining factor? Or does it not work like that? Is there something about IVF which means we may need the extra progesterone boost?

I only ask because I know not every clinic gives it, and there is a slight suggestion it can cause problems with the developing embryo.

x
I

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 8:50am

Hi Lizzy,

The progesterone is widely recommended after IVF treatment as the normal production of necessary supportive hormones may be affected by having EC and ET. By taking the extra progesterone it makes your lining more stable for the embryos and the benefits far outweigh any potential risks.

So in short, yes, many of us IVF ladies do need extra help and it's given as a precaution. As with all clinics and consultants, they all have a different take on different issues and some, rather than giving artificial progesterone, will give extra HcG to stimulate the body into producing it's own progesterone supply.

Moonshine

Reg: Dec 22nd 2009

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 11:53am

any taking this have they noticed there breasts increase in size

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE