You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Tishers" started this thread

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Friday, August 14th 2009, 4:17pm

Follicles not big enough

Hi All,
Went for my scan one week after starting Gonal F and Supercur. I have one follicle in my right ovary which measures 11mm and about four follicles in my left, the biggest measuring 9mm, the others she wasn't concerned about as they were small. I have been taking Gonal F every other day (3 doses of 75 so far - 4th dose tonight). I have another scan on MOnday and she has told me to take Gonal F consecutively for three nights in an effort to boost the size of the follicles. What I am worried about is if I go back on MOnday and they haven't grown enough because she said she was looking for 12-14mm today, what happens then can they still give me the drugs to take and make them bigger or is there a time cut off period and they can abandon or can they do the cycle even if they are not quite the size they want them to be?

Bit worried now because I dont want to think about doing all these injections and no attempt made at actually getting pregnnat :bawl:

Thanks
Nicky xx
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, August 14th 2009, 4:25pm

Each clinic has its own policy for cancellation. At my clinic I was on stims till past cycle day 20 with all follies still below 10mm before they cancelled and I had previous inseminations after cycle day 20 (I think it was 21 or 22 - will have to check my diary when I get home as I kept track of all medications and insem dates). I personally think that the fact that you have one that is already over 10 mm at that low dose is a good sign - 11 after all is not far from 12 - and hopefully the increased frequency of medication will be enough to boost your 2 biggest enough to get them on track. Each follie can grow 1-2mm per day and if the biggest manages 2 per day you will have one at 17mm on Monday.

Good luck for Monday, Hun, and hope that you will have just the one or 2 juicy ones that are required for insem to proceed.

Edited to say I have checked my diary - my first insemination was on cycle day 24, second was on cycle day 19 and then the next cycle was cancelled on day 19 after zero response having had clomid for 5 days and injecting (starting on 75mg daily and increasing to 150mg Gonal F daily for the last few days) for 14 days.

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

• "Tishers" started this thread

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Monday, August 17th 2009, 2:01pm

Thanks Rene! :heart:

Went back for my scan this morning. The follicle on my right ovary is now measuring 14mm and the biggest one on my left is 11mm now. I asked what the requirement was and she said it was 17-20 mm they needed. I said what happens if I dont achieve that and she jsut said she would abandon at which point I got upset a bit and tried not to think about that one. I dont see why they should abandon if my folly 14mm??? Anyway been given more Gonal F and to take two consecutive nights a dose of 150 each night instead of my normal 75. got another scan wednesday morning to see what is what and if they have boosted, insemination takes place friday. Hopefully that will boost them enough, as I so need to do the cycle complete and not get abandoned as I dont think I can deal with that. :bawl:
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

melike

Reg: Jan 27th 2012

Friday, January 27th 2012, 6:57pm

the same thing just hapenned to me yesterday. after my bloodwork and ultrasound i patiently waiting for my call withe the next steps. unfortunately my follicles were not large enough and the Dr. felt that they will not growlin time for the retrieval process. therefore, i will be skipping this cycle and waiting for next one. i was up all night crying. But i msut stay hopeful for the next round. while i'm paying for everything out of pocket - but i dont care as i really want this! good luck Tishers and keep us posted.

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Friday, January 27th 2012, 8:32pm

Here's hoping next cycle works out

xx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chatterbox" (Jan 27th 2012, 8:33pm)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE