You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "amyeliz87" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Tuesday, August 11th 2009, 2:01pm

Period Wasn't Right (confused)

Right, well . . .

I had a period as usual, in . . . . May

Then the time came in June, but I didn't come on . . . I daren't take pregnancy tests anymore, as i know they always BFN :sadface: So anyways, i waited and waited and came on a week late X(

Then we were going on holiday in July, when my period was due, so I took Noristherone to delay it. However on this drug, I was highly emotional, crying all the time, so 3 days later I stopped taking it, and expected my period in the usual 2 days time.

However, I didn't come on my period until 10 days later, and then it was only a 4 day period.

This isn't right for me, as i usually bleed for at least 6/7 days :innocent:

Can anybody offer any explanations or advice please? I don't know whether it's something worth worrying about or it'll be ok ???

This is 2 f**ked up periods now, & I just don't understand at all . . especially as after i've come off the pill early this year, i've been regular for once in my life ???
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 11:09am

I don't have AF's until 10 days later with norethisterone. And they don't last that long. Don't forget that its not a proper AF, its a withdrawl bleed so it might not be as long or as short as normal.

When did you come off the pill. It can take a good few months to regulate your periods again after coming off the pill.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• "amyeliz87" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 12:21pm

I came off the pill in March maybe?? Can't totally remember but it was around there, yes because I was worried i'd be on AF over my friends 21st birthday :snigger:

BUT, I was regular for the first few months, so i'm guessing that was left over hormones from the pill . . .

And now I have no hormone left, so my bodies gone back to how it's been for the past 5/6 years . . . Absent or Long AF's . . . Bring on an operation (not often you can say that) :snigger:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

TayGom

Reg: Aug 11th 2009

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 6:01pm

RE: Period Wasn't Right (confused)

My wife is having the same problem and we are still trying to understand. It seems the effect of the pill can be unpredictable between different people. My wife has taken the pill for a number of years. She stopped in December and was having her normal though irregular period (it alternates between 30 and 37 days) until May and then bang, no period for 3 cycles! We are pretty concerned as we are hoping to conceive.

Having asked around this seems pretty common.

All the best.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE