You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "saraheileen" started this thread

Reg: Nov 15th 2008

Children: soon hopefully!!

Friday, August 7th 2009, 11:37am

IuI question

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me.

I have just had my 3rd BFN from ICSI and am just looking into all the options available to us regarding our next move.

We can't concieve naturally as my partner is on medication which makes this not possible as not only does it cause a low sperm count it can cause problems to a developing foetus . I was just wondering if we looked into iui would we need to use donar sperm to have any chance of getting our BFP?

xxxx

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, August 7th 2009, 6:08pm

Hi, Hun
Sorry about your BFN
As to your question:
If your partner's sperm count and motility is so low that you need ICSI it is unlikely that he would be able to produce enough sperm for IUI. I know that not all clinics are the same but generally they tend to want at least 5 million per ml after wash in order to do IUI. If IUI is your way forward then it is possible that you may indeed need to use a donor.

If you have a SA result it may be worth posting attention of Paul Entwistle in the male issues area and he may be able to answer your question with greater accuracy.
Hugz

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE