You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "northern_monkey" started this thread

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: 1 wonderful little boy

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 5:45pm

Finally - got an SA result

Hi,

Well it's taken several months but finally I got the results of DP's SA. (The first one was not analysed for 4.5 hours so the results were useless, and we had to wait for 2 months for an appointment for the second one).
I couldn't get the complete picture as DP couldn't come to the appointment with me (he's in New York) and they wouldn't show me the results. I just read some of the numbers upside down and then jotted them down after the appointment!

Count : 14mill per ml
Motile : 63%
Progressively motile : 56%
Abnormal : 75%

Am I right in thinking that although the count is a bit low the rest of the numbers are quite good.
I have been feeding DP multivitamins and minerals, zinc, folic acid, omega-3, L-arganine and L-carnitine for the last 6 months so I am hoping that helped.

I have both ovaries polycystic but I am still ovulating. Progesterone was around 21 / 29 on two tests I had before. I am now taking 50mg Clomid and this had raised my progesterone up to 52.

What are the chances of us conceiving with these results do you think? I am thinking, although not tip top we should have a fair chance????
Polycystic ovaries.
First IVF cycle - amazing BFP.

FC79

Ace

Reg: May 19th 2009

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 8:12pm

Looks good to me! I think average is 20 million per ml but Im sure you'll still be considered in the normal range especially considering they are motile and moving forwards! Im sure there will be an expert along soon tho to give you a much better idea!

Good luck with TTC.

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 9:45pm

RE: Finally - got an SA result

Hi from me,

The semen result is good news, definitely, even when read upside down!

As has been said the sperm quality is good and looks promising, and the sperm numbers are only a little below the normal range, and even this may be better than it appears. There are 14 million sperm per ml but the sperm concentration is influenced by the semen volume. If his volume happened to be high in that sample (normal range 1.5 to 5.5 ml)then this will bring the sperm concentration down but the higher volume would mean that the total number of sperm in the sample could very well be normal.

It is good that you are ovulating regularly. And although your serum progesterone is normally borderline when around the mid-20's, the Clomid value of 52 is excellent. The chances of conceiving with this combination is good. So the sooner he gets back from New York the better!

Kind regards,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

• "northern_monkey" started this thread

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: 1 wonderful little boy

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 10:01pm

thankyou Paul and FC79. I am actually feeling very positive for the first time in a while.

DP travels quite a lot with work. He is so busy recently I have made him block out the few days around my expected ovulation in his diary so that I can make sure he will be home at that time. Not ideal I know but needs must..... God knows what his PA thinks :snigger:
Fortunately my cycle is very regular, even more so since on the clomid with ovulation bang on day 14, otherwise it would be impossible.

I'm 4 dpo on my second cycle of clomid so fingers crossed.

I think the reason for feeling so positive is that I know I have done everything I can to try and increase our chances and with the test results showing it seems to be making a difference I feel I can now relax a bit and just see what happens. Don't know if that makes sense, maybe just in my head :D
Polycystic ovaries.
First IVF cycle - amazing BFP.

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Friday, August 7th 2009, 12:29pm

Thats really good news NM :D

Any chance you can explain how you know when your ovulating?
AND . . if you don't ovulate, do you know you aren't?

I have PCOS on both ovaries, but have been told I could be having anovulation periods??
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept 18 - Here we go again! ICSI this time

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE