You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GDay

• "GDay" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: Nottingham

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 2:45pm

Gonal F injections

Hi All

I started my Gonal F injections 7 days ago. I had a scan on monday and I am back for second scan friday. Not alot had happened when they carried out the scan Monday, however yesterday I began with very mild period like pains. Has anyone else experienced this, or should I be worried????

George ?(
G'Day x
babydust

kimtia

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Hopefully one day.......

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 2:56pm

RE: Gonal F injections

George, the pains could well be your ovaries starting to react to the drugs. Were the clinc happy with the scan ? Do you know how many follicles you had ?

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 4:03pm

I started mine 7 days ago too hun ... i dont have my first scan until tomorrow tho, and second one on Monday ....

Did they tell u how u were responding? How many follies u had? Size etc?

What doesage are u on???

Questions questions lol ....

GDay

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 4:22pm

They said I had 3, which were only measurin at 6. They said they have to get to about 20????
G'Day x
babydust

GDay

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 4:29pm

Hey Becky

Nice to hear from someone at the same stage as me! I am only on 750, and had 3 folicles that measured aroung 6. It is the first time I have used the injections, and have found them ok so far. How about you? Do you have any idea how long it usually takes for the folicles to reach the correct size? My clinic we quite unclear, but then I guess everyone is different.

George
G'Day x
babydust

Welshbird

Megastar

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 4:45pm

750 each injection????????

Wooooahh! Thats a LOT!!!!

Im on 300iu per day and i thought that was a high doseage ....

Are u sure its 750iu per day????

Follies usually grow about 2mm each day (i think) but as u say, it all depends on the person. I will let u kow how big mine are tomorrow .. and how many ive got. I can feel things going on down there, but not lots if im honest .... but my EC (egg collection) isnt until next Wed (a wk away yet) so i have plenty of time.

When is ur Egg Collection hun???

xxxx

GDay

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 4:58pm

OOOOOPS.........

75, not 750 doh :snigger:

I have not got a date yet for the next part, I hope to have more idea on friday. I find it all very vague, but I guess they dont want to commit to anything. Fingers crossed for tommorrow hun x x
G'Day x
babydust

Welshbird

Megastar

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 4:59pm

Oh phew!!!

Was gonna say then LOL .... 75iu is better :snigger:

Keep us updated on ur progress on Friday

Good Luck

xxxx

GDay

Friday, July 24th 2009, 5:47pm

Hi All

Have been for a scan today. They said that no folicles has shown any degree of change, and they increased my dosage to 112.5. They said that their was a risk of over stimulation, but if they did not take the risk then we could stay in this position for some time. Can anyone advise me further on over stimulation, and how risky it all is?

George x
G'Day x
babydust

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Friday, July 24th 2009, 6:26pm

Hi George from another Notts girl :D

75IU is a low dose and I'm guessing it's because you have PCOS ?( It sounds like they're being cautious with you and obviously having scanned you twice are now happy to increase to 112.5. They really are the experts and will look at how you're responding and alter the dose when appropriate. Your blood results (oestrogen) will also help paint the picture on how your body is reacting and give them warning signs about over stimulation.

They will be looking at the lead follicles reaching 20mm before giving the thumbs up for the egg collection stage and I'm sure the raise in dose will help feed those follies and make them grow. It sounds like it's a slowly slowly approach and you may just have to be patient!

You really are in very capable hands :yes: I'm the only girl i know on this site that's needed more than one go at Nurture to get that magical BFP (but I'm a special case :snigger: )

There's a thread here on the unit (not hugely posted on) NURTURE, Nottingham but what you may find helpful is this thread
JULY JACKPOTS (June/July) on the CYCLE BUDDY BOARD where you'll be in the company of others cycling at the same time :D Pop by and say :hello: You may fall into AUGUST ALL-STARS (July/August) but just find which one Becky is in and follow her :snigger:

Best of luck on your journey [zx189]

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

GDay

Friday, July 24th 2009, 7:00pm

Hey other Notts girl!!!!!

Thanks for that:) Who is your consultant?

I am still new to all of this, and dont quite get the cycle buddy board..........

George x
G'Day x
babydust

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Friday, July 24th 2009, 7:06pm

Quoted

Originally posted by GDay
Hey other Notts girl!!!!!

Thanks for that:) Who is your consultant?

I am still new to all of this, and dont quite get the cycle buddy board..........

George x

It's dead easy really - you just hang out there with other girls cycling at the same time. Because your EC may fall into July, you should be a Jackpot girl but I would imagine August will be a busier thread. If you just open up the August thread, hit reply and do an introductory post, i've no doubt all the girls there will make you feel welcome :D

My consultant was Mr Hopkisson, we saw him through the fertility clinic at the QMC first for our investigations and then at Nurture. I've seen all of the consultants there and they're all lovely and hugely competent people. Their stats are fantastic and they remain top of the West Midlands and I believe top 5 in the country. The car park is however a nightmare!!! :snigger:

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

GDay

Friday, July 24th 2009, 8:16pm

That sounds really positive. Thanks for your help and support x x
G'Day x
babydust

GDay

Monday, July 27th 2009, 5:51pm

Update

Hey!

Just thought I would drop you a line, with an update.....

I had a scan today and they have agian increased my dose to 150. I really thought that after the increase on friday that things might have moved forward slightly :sadface: Is this the norm???? I have to go back again wednesday, so wil see what they say.
G'Day x
babydust

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, July 27th 2009, 6:26pm

Hi George

I just wanted to check whether you're on gonal f as part of an IVF cycle or simply for ovulation stimulation in place of clomid? If it's the latter then you'll find THIS board handy as it's where all the members on clomid or other ovulation induction drugs hang out. The cycle buddies threads are for members having IVF.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

GDay

Monday, July 27th 2009, 7:08pm

Hey Bubble

I am on the injections for ovulation stimulation. Have not had a natural cycle since coming off the pill 2yrs ago :sadface: Tried to Clomid first, then started the injections 12 days ago.
G'Day x
babydust

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, July 27th 2009, 7:27pm

Hi

Just seen another post of yours where you say you're being stimulated for an IUI cycle? In which case THIS board will be helpful to you and I'll move this thread from the IVF board to the IUI board.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Welshbird

Megastar

Monday, July 27th 2009, 7:40pm

Hiya George ...

My scan didnt go too well either :bawl: they found a cyst (34mm) and lots of tiny follicles, and just 3 bigger ones at 14mm .... ive been stimming for 13 days (first 2 days were double doseage too) im already on 300iu ... dont think they will stimm me much longer - im thinking that my stimms is going straghit to my cyst ... it wasnt picked up on my scan on Thursday X( but it looked huge on the screen ....

Am worried as ive been googling and most ladies who have cysts, have a blood test to see if the cyst is active .... but it wasnt mentioned to me today ... so my EC planned for Wednesday has been cancelled and i have another scan with the hope that they have grown more (i cant see it tho, they havent grown much since last Thursday) and opt for EC on Friday (all being well)

Im scared an peeved right off now :bawl:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Monday, July 27th 2009, 7:53pm

Hiya, George, and welcome to the IUI boards
I, too, used Gonal F for my stims with Clomid in prep for IUI. This was back in 2006 but I can still clearly remember the disappointment when my follies did not grow. By the time I got my BFP I had had 2 cycles cancelled due to no response (first cancellation I was on Clomid only and the second was stiming for ages with my dosage of Gonal F increased from 75mg to 150mg with zero follies responding)

If you have any questions feel free to post here or send me a PM.

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

GDay

Monday, July 27th 2009, 8:06pm

Hey Rene

So on the second, did you resond once increased to 150?
G'Day x
babydust

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 9:57am

My first cycle I used Clomid only - no response
Second cycle - clomid with Menagon - 1 follicle
third cycle - clomid with Gonal - 2 follicles
fourth cycle - gonal F - dosage increased - no response
Fifth cycle clomid +gonal 1 follicle
Sixth cycle as above and 7th cycle as above with BFP.
Unfortunately I did not respond very well initially and ended up having surgery (ovarian drilling) after the second cancelled cycle (4th cycle in all) whereafter I responded satsifactorily to a lower dose of 75mg every second day.

It took me some time, but I did achieve my pregnancy in the end...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Dec 14th 2009

Children: none

Friday, August 7th 2009, 6:22pm

due to start gonal injections and intra insem soon im scared , te thought of injecting myself
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

2nd ivf (icsi) Aug 2010 BFN :tears:

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 4:46pm

hello looloo, how are you doing with your injections? i was worried about injecting myself before I started. I have now been doing it for 10 days and I'm ok with it, I find that the more I think about it and panic about sticking the needle in the worst it becomes, stay calm, definitely keep your partner out of the room i found for me as he made me panic, stay calm, i usually do the top of my leg, and just put the needle in like a dart, inject and leave for 5 seconds and pull out the same way it went in, works fine for me, hope you are ok xx
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE