You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nettynoodle" started this thread

Reg: Jul 9th 2009

Friday, July 17th 2009, 12:56pm

too soon for OHSS?

Hiya, prob panicing over nothing, I finished my clomid a yesterday and I woke up at 4am not feeling well at all. I thought it was trapped wind, but Ive tried gaviscon, rennies and even an alka seltzer. (not that ive been drinking, but thought it might settle my stomach)
I'm not generally an ill person, but I feel terrible. My temp is fine, but I feel sick and I have lower and upper abdominal pain. Not extreme, but when I cough or sneeze (hayfever) I get really bad lower abdonimal pains.

We have really important social commitments tonight (my DF is being reunited with his Dad after 6 years) So I have to get through tonight at least.

Is it too soon for OHSS? Or is this just what happens when you're ovaries are stimulated. I've lookd up the symptoms and mine don't seem as extreme as they hould be for OHSS. I'm just worried now in case it is and I end up being taken off Clomid :o(

any advice would be appreciated!

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Friday, July 17th 2009, 12:59pm

Hi
if concerned about the pain then call your clinic hun.
As far as im aware OHSS only happens when your ovaries are stimulated and even then it only really gets diagnosed after EC.
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, July 17th 2009, 2:06pm

Hi nettynoodle

I don't want to worry you but can I encourage you to give your clinic a call and describe your symptoms to them and ask to be checked over? I think you should be scanned to see what's going on.

OHSS is rare on clomid but it is a real risk (because it is an ovulation stimulating drug) which is why we (mainly Eeyore and I !) bang on about how important tracking scans are.

It happens when cysts begin to form on the ovaries, causing them to swell to a very large size. Typically, OHSS disappears without treatment but, without proper monitoring, the syndrome can become dangerous.

Please don't be worried about being taken off clomid - if it is a drug that doesn't agree with you then there are other things you can try. At the moment your immediate well-being is far more important.

Will you call you clinic and let us know what they say?

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, July 17th 2009, 2:49pm

Hi

How are you feeling now?

I can only agree with what Bubble has said, *please* call your clinic and describe the pains to them. They may suggest that you go along to see them.

In the meantime, drink lots of water

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

• "nettynoodle" started this thread

Reg: Jul 9th 2009

Monday, July 20th 2009, 2:26pm

Sorry for worrying you and not getting back sooner.
I phoned the clinic and they told me to come down for a scan. Which was fine, (wasnt in the mood for being assertive, but now wish I'd asked a little bit more about what exactly the scan showed) but I have a kidney infection.

I'm on anti-biotics now, and I see my cons again now next week. When I wasn't supposed to be, so am a bit concerned as to why I have to see him now.

Time will tell, thanks for getting back to me ladies.

x x x x

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE