You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hoopoe

• "hoopoe" started this thread

Reg: Jun 15th 2009

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 4:52pm

inbetween cycles .... how long to wait

greetings people ...

have been away for a while ... but i'm back again now with another question (yet again)

i had a chemical pregnancy with my last iui .... i found out on the 1st of july that i had dropped the embryo ... fell ill with an awful virus the same day and am barely recovered now .... finished with an almost normal period (too much info?), which lasted about 4 days ...

what i need to know is how long should one wait before trying again ?

emotionally i just want to go ahead because i feel like atleast i'm trying ... my doctor says that its a really positive thing that i got pregnant on my first try with iui ... even if it ended up sad in the end

what i want to know is how long have people waited in between iui's?

any input would be most helpful ....

cheers!

Reg: Jul 6th 2009

Children: 5 yr old dd after 5 yrs trying to conceive

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 5:48pm

Hi Hoopoe,

Sorry to hear about your last attempt at IUI.
I had IUI last month but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I got my period on the 4th July and am having the IUI again this friday. And if that doesn't work I'll be having it for another two consecutive months after that!!
I think it really depends on how you feel. But personally I would say go for it.

Hope this helps and wishing you the best of luck :smile:

9 months Clomid 150mg
IUI June 2009 :BFN:
IUI July 2009 :BFN:
IUI Aug 2009 Cancelled cycle
IUI Sept 2009 :BFN:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 9:17pm

Hi, hun - how long you wait between goes varies from clinic to clinic and based on what meds you were on. I used Clomid and Gonal F and did consecutive cycles with no breaks between except for my surgery and one that I requested as I had exams to write. Others on similar regimes have had to wait for one normal AF (in other words a one cycle break) and those who have had to downreg have had to have up to 2 or 3 cycle breaks between IUIs.
Good luck on whatever you decide, Hun

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

hoopoe

• "hoopoe" started this thread

Reg: Jun 15th 2009

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 3:02pm

thanks people .... ive decided to wait a month .... maybe two .... till i knw this awful viral is out of my system and i do EVERYTHING i can to make healthier eggs!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE