You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 16 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "PrincessRebekah" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 4:11pm

Ovulation dates...

Hey lovely ladies.

Just wondering. I've been sent for blood tests on or around day 5 of my cycle (im usually a 31/32 day cycle) and around the dates i should ovulate which i think is about day 17? is this correct?

My con said he wants to see if im ovulating, if i am, due to my pre-existing condition the chances are it will be the mucus stopping me from catching!!

If I'm not ovulating, he wants to start me on Clomid. Does this sound normal to you guys?? xx
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: 1 wonderful little boy

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 9:02am

Hi,
The initial blood tests they usually do are day 2-4 for FSH & LH and day 21 (if its a 28 day cycle, needs to be 7 days before your period, so you would go on day 24/25) for progesterone.
LH & FSH give an idea of 'ovarian reserve' (or how good your eggs are) and can indicate if you have PCOS, and the progesterone result will tell you if you are ovulating.
Not sure what blood test they would do on ovulation day.

I have polycystic ovaries but not the syndrome and my progesterone was low (ovulating but not very well) so I am now on clomid as that hopefully should make the ovulation 'stronger'.

Hope that helps

NM x
Polycystic ovaries.
First IVF cycle - amazing BFP.

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 9:40am

Yeah that's brilliant, thanks.

So.. I'll dopuble check with them again but it should be day 24/25 i have the second set of bloods done, and not the 17th day?

The Con hasnt actually specified certain dates from the letters i have recieved from him.

xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PrincessRebekah" (Jul 15th 2009, 9:41am)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 7:40pm

Hiya!

I'm the same as NM. I have a polycystic ovary but not the syndrome and NM is spot on. the progesterone test needs to be 7 days after ovulation and the FSH and LH days 2 - 4.

I'd double check what the doc is testing for.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 8:01am

Ovulation dates and blood tests

Hey girlies.

My Con wanted to take blood to check if I'm ovulating.

Day one of my period was the thursday 9th of july and i had blood taken the following monday, 4 days later.

He also has asked me to have bloods done on the 3rd of august?! Why is this? that seems too long and a weird date to have the next ones done! i cant work it out! help lol xx :rolleyes:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 16 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE