You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Clairey

Reg: Jun 30th 2009

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 6:01pm

Hello eveyone,

I am a newbie only been on the site a couple of weeks. Had my follow up appointment with the clinic today and they said I could start IUI next month. They also said if I wanted to go down the IVF route I could do that as well. I just wondered if anyone could help on the benefits of going with IVF or IUI. Confused as to which one to decide on (apart from the cost of course) is IVF a better choice? Grateful for advice from people who have been through this.

thanks
Clairey

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 8:08pm

Hi, Clairey and welcome
The IVF vs IUI debate is one that often comes down to personal choice.
IVF:
More expensive
more invasive
more chance of OHSS due to higher doses of drugs
higher success rate

IUI:
cheaper
less invasive
could be just as time consuming as IVF
lower success rate
often shorter waiting list than IVF

both can and do work.
Good luck with whichever you decide to go for...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 8:14pm

Loopy - I know I have read of at least one (if not more) of the IVF ladies getting a BFP after she had been sniffing for a while. I'll have to search for the thread for you but not able to do that for you right now as it is C's bath time.

Esha - no need to correct you - I did, indeed, only have the one follie and have one gorgeous son to show for it.

To all our other lovely ladies:
:hugs:

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Jul 6th 2009

Children: 5 yr old dd after 5 yrs trying to conceive

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 11:02am

Hello Ladies,

Well had my second scan yesterday, and still have just the one follie which has grown to 16mm. So having my HCG shot tonight before bed and the IUI at 11am Saturday monrning as they don't think it will be mature enough for Friday. So fingers crossed it grows bigger!! Whilst we were there booked another appt with the consultant for next weds to have a chat to him about injectibles for my next cycle. The receptionist said to be more poitive and see how this IUI goes before discussing my next, but if I do that then I would end up missing a whole cycle and I just want to get on with it!!! Seriously not being pessimistic, because I know it will happen eventually when my body is ready for it!!! I have a low BMI and really am quite a skinny minnie (despite being 5'11" !!) and because of this my consultant said I really need to put on least one and a half stone as my body will struggle with pregnancy. So maybe, on a positive note thats why I've only got one follie, because my body wouldn't cope with twins!!!! And I really am trying hard with my weight gain. Has anybody got any good tips?

Littleflit - Thanks for your good wishes and I think seeing a psychologist is a great idea, it will do you the world of good. I think yoiu sound really good fun!! It will happen for you, you've just got to keep on going xx

Loopy - you lucky devil staying in a castle. Much more glamorous than my weekend camping in the lakes in the rain. We went sailing and I am on the clumsy side and lets just say I kept forgetting to get out of the way of the boom........!

Tosborne - bummer about your cancelled cycle. Lets hope the cyst disappears.

Cindy - I've got to have injectibles next month so I hope I'm as lucky as you and get lots of fat juicy ones!! I will be so glad to come off the clomid. Once they upped my dose to 150mg my hot flushes have become insane!!!

Everybody else, good luck and remember, it will happen we're just a bit special :happy:

9 months Clomid 150mg
IUI June 2009 :BFN:
IUI July 2009 :BFN:
IUI Aug 2009 Cancelled cycle
IUI Sept 2009 :BFN:

Reg: Sep 17th 2008

Children: Kai is on the way :-)

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 11:55am

ESHA :D XXOO

WOW LOOPY how cool "a castle" and so romantic, i bet you both had lots of fun :snigger: i'm glad you're back i missed ya!! I start to see a psychologist on Monday so very happy for that!! I don't know if they have fertility support groups here, no one has told me but i have private health care and i can go and get my sessions for free
HERE'S HOPING FOR A NATURAL BFP THIS MONTH xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TOSBOURNE :hugs: so sorry about your cyst honey!! Let's hope those tablets do the job and you can get started soon on your next tx XX

Hi CINDY :heart: I can understand you totally about what you are saying if your sister gets pregnant! I know that you would love that for her and be happy, but it would destroy you!! Be strong honey we are all here for you!! I know that you can do this and that your wonderful DH is there to help you and me too. XX

WELCOME CLAIREY!! What Rene said is spot-on i don't know what we would do without her.
RENE big XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for you honey!!

LOONEY So great that you will have your shot and be on your way to PUPO it only takes one so don't stress keep up the PMA!!
Wow you are tall :snigger: how cool!! sorry i don't know to much about weight gain. I'm 5"5 and weighted 49kg up until 27 yrs old (another skinny minnie) then i did a winter season snowboarding in the French Alps and after 5 months left weighing 62kgs, can you imagine :8o: all that drinking probably :snigger: but i did spend about 5 hours everyday out on the slopes craving it up on the snow haha. Now i weigh between 52 - 54kgs i never went back to 49 thank god!!
So maybe if you start to do some physical exercise that usually helps gain muscle which weighs heavier than fat!!
GOOD LUCK honey XX

SLYFOXY Good luck tom XX

A big hi to all you other lovely ladies out there CROISSANT, RUGRATS, FADI, CHAMPAGNE, STACEY, BETTY, 2MUMS

babydust FOR US ALL!!

ME 33, DH 32 (TTC 2,5YRS) UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY
1st IUI (Jan 09) BFP (CHEMICAL PREGNANCY)
2nd IUI (17th SEP) (3rd OCT) :BFP: PLEASE STAY

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "littleflit" (Jul 16th 2009, 11:56am)

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Children: Ready and waiting !

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 12:48pm

Hi everyone,

I'm not getting on here much at the moment. I've been feeling a bit down recently and quite passive about things. The fact that I sprained my ankle a few days after my BFN in June sort of knocked the wind out of my sails (I'd just bought a summer pass for the gym - nice waste of money !).

Anyway, I'm now in the middle of cycle two. I had my first scan on Monday (CD8) when I had two follies of 10 each (one on each side). I went back this morning, and now I've got one at 15, one at 13, and another one at 8. The girl doing the ultrasound said "you don't mind if there are three ? There's a higher risk of twins", and I reacted with a very unconvinced sort of sigh, to which she said "you don't think it's going to happen, do you ?". I didn't really know what to think about that, but i figure that I shoulod take it as a sign that I need to think more positively about all of this, and about things in general. I'm waiting for a call this afternoon, after they get the blood resultsto see when I need to go back in. It's looking like another scan on Saturday, and then insemination on Monday.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Looney : That's great news about your insemination on Saturday. I'm afraid I can't give you any advice about the weight-gain problem. I sort of have the opposite problem myself, although nothing major :smile:

Esha : Doesn't time fly ? Bet you're getting really excited !!

Cindy : Good luck on the tww. Hope you're not going too crazy. I know what you mean about other people getting pregnant when you're trying/waiting. I seem to see nothing but pregnant women and tiny babies every time I go out at the minute. On Saturday evening we're going to some friends place for dinner. I was at uni with the guy and he's generally lots of fun. I don't get on too well with his girlfriend though. They have a 3-month old baby, and the last couple of times I've seen her, she's mainly talked about how difficult it is X(. It made me feel emotional at first, but now remind myself that I don't want her life or her baby, and that when DP and I finally have a child at home we won't welcome it by complaining to our friends about nappies and opening times at the crèche !!

Tosborne and Stacey : really sorry to hear your cycles were cancelled :sadface: I'm sure next time will bring more luck :xxx:

Loopy : The trip to the Irish castle sounds cool. What an interesting life you lead !! We had a little trip to Normandy at the beginning of the week, and went to see the bayeux tapestry. I'd been wanting to see it for ages. Hope you're managingthe DR ok. Good luck on your next cycle.

Littlefit : That's great news about seeing a psychologist. I think the toughest part if having problems conceiving is that it can make you feel isolated, so having someone neutral to talk to can really help. It takes some of the pressure off our men too, I think it sometimes makes things even more painful for DP to see me in tears. I see a psychologist at my clinic, only about very 5-6 weeks, but's it's been enough up to now. Sometimes just thinking about what I'm going to say at my next appointment helps me get things sorted out in my head (no mean feat :happy:). I really wish you all the best lurve

Rene, Slyfoxy, Fadi and everyone else : :hello:

Me : 34 Him : 34
Low Ovarian reserve (AMH 7.9) 3 IUIs 2009 3 x BFN
IVF cycle currently going pear-shaped (only 2 follicles)

My IVF Diary:

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/thread.ph…797#post1031797

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 2:08pm

:hugs: that's for you CROISSANT i hope you start to feel more PMA soon! Great news about your follies, i wouldn't mind to have 3 :snigger: With my first IUI i had lots of follies but the doctor said he wanted to be careful so he did the IUI when there was only one ready maybe 2 and look what happened!!! Stupid Idiot :snigger: of course it was private and we were paying so he wanted us to come back again!!
Sending you positive vibes, lots of PMA and lots of babydust
Good luck with your scan on Saturday and i hope you get to do your IUI on Monday XX

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 3:48pm

Good Afternoon GIRLIES,

am trying to motivate myself to put my photo gallery back on the wall at the mo - had to take it down when we painted the hall, landing and stairs!! Well that was about a month ago now and my mission today is to get about 60 frames back on the wall!!!! Just though I would pop in first though and say hi...ok that is just an excuse to put it off!!!! :snigger: Have still got an ache on my left side, which got worse last night after we [zx084] It has calmed down a bit again now...but should I be worried?! Do you think it is just the effects of the drugs and superovulation??!! Apart from that I am trying not to think about it and have sort of forgot about the fact that I had IUI 3 days ago!! Ok, well it does pop into my head from time to time!!!!

CLAIREY - a BIG :hello: to you :D Is your tx on the NHS or private? If it is NHS then you could give the IUI a shot first...you have got nothing to lose!! If that is what the doctors have recommended for you then they must think that you have a chance of a pregnancy with IUI. That is what they recommended for us, but they did say that if at any time we wanted to go for IVF instead then we could change our minds! I think IUI is alot less invasive, and it will also give the docs an insight into how your body responds to the drugs...which might be useful if you do have to have IVF in the future!!!!

LOONEY - :goodluck: with your trigger tonight. Your follie still has a couple of days to grow so am sending you lots of follie growing dust...please follie GROW, GROW GROW!!!! You are a tall lady...I thought I was pretty tall at 5'9''!! I like the thought that 'we're just a bit special' :D Oh and I have had some of those over-heating hot flushes!! :snigger:

LITTLE - THANKS smiley miley...you really are a LOVELY LADY :D I will be happy for her and I suppose if I get a phone call I will just have to deal with it, as I did when my other younger sister told me she was pregnant TWICE!! It's hard being the oldest and potentially being the only one who hasn't been able to give my mum a grandchild yet...I bet she thought I would be the first!!!! Glad you start talking on Monday hun :smile: XXXXXXXX

CROISSANT - I am really sorry you are feeling a bit down at the mo but with what happened last time and then spraining your ankle I think it is understandable!! This is a new cycle though, and you have 3 follies growing ready for your tx so I am sending you loads of PMA and lots of follie growing dust (whatever that is - I just made it up for you and LOONEY :snigger:) to help them grow BIG and juicy for your scan on Saturday!! Your way of thinking is spot on about your friend and that is the way I think about it when I am strong enough to do so...my DF is always saying 'yeah but it's not OUR baby' and 'I would want their life'!! Really hope you are feeling more positive really soon. Take care and GOOD LUCK XXXXXXXXXXXX

Anyway, I really have got to go and complete my mission now!! :snigger:

HI to EVERYONE and TAKE CARE X

[zx033]

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Dec 09 - IVF - BFP - DS#1 EC/S @ 40+6
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 3:51pm

'I WOULDN'T want their life'!! :duh: X

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 3:53pm

p.s. LITTLE - I have put your diary in my favourites :D X

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Reg: Dec 13th 2008

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 6:04pm

Hello Ladies,

Just stopped in for a sec to say will be doing the IUI tomorrow about 10:30am. The scan today showed one folliced at 26mm soon going to be 27mm. My lining at 7 but the RE said by tomorrow it will be 8 but he said it perfect. I'm responding great to the clomid 100mg.. I asked him about when ovulating an he said when we do it this time will be perfect timing. They gave me my HCG tigger shot this morning an this time it hurt some when going in but oh well..

Fixing to go to ChuckE Cheeses to eat an cebrate DD birthday early.

Everyone have a good day an take care. Keep fingers cross for us.

Check back in later. Been a busy busy day..

Love you all.. 88)
Back trying again with IUI

esha

Star

Reg: Sep 16th 2008

Children: 2 boys and awaiting 3rd baby

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 6:07pm

:hi: girls,
how yo u been keeping,

Loony - i was asked tyo put on weight about 2 years ago as i went form 8/12 stones down to 7 stones and the dietician advised ,me to eat ice cream as a desert as this is also healthy for you and has lots calcium and it's also has sugar but that will help moderately weight on, and that should allow you to start poutting weight on also eat often but alittle at a time and you will start putting weight. Have you seen a dietician they are quite helpful,

Cindy - bigkiss, well xifngers for you, don't worry abut cramps, it's due to the drugs you have been taking, i got pains when i was ovulating which i never felt before, it's more of an ache also, i got alot of pressure in my stomach like there is a lot gas in there sorry (TMI) but when i went to the toilet i was fine. I used to wake up in th emiddle of t he night with this pain, It could quite well be implantation pain.

Little - great news on psycologists appt,

loopy - good to hear you had a fun time BD :snigger: I'm sure DR doesn't effect you becoming pregnant.

Croissant - :goodluck: with your scan and xfingers for monday, stay positive

Tosbourne - sorry to hear of cancelled cycle :hugs: stay positive,

bigkiss to everyone else on here
"There is NO such thing as failure, just deferred success"

My Son was born on 16/08/09 weighing at 5lbs

Baby Esha's Diary

esha

Star

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 6:09pm

slyfoxy - :goodluck: for tomorrow and xfingers for you.

Baby Esha's Diary

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 6:12pm

Hi again,

Good luck slyfoxy ! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Little and Cindy : Thanks so much for your support and nice words. It really made me feel good this afternoon ! The hospital phoned a couple of hours ago to confirm that I need to go back for a scan and blood test on Saturday. The insemination will probably be on Monday, so trigger Saturday night presumably. I'm hoping there'll be two follies of the right size when I take trigger, that must give me a better chance of a BFP !

Does anyone know how big a follicle has to be to be considered mature ? I'm guessing somewhere around 20mm ?

It feels great to be back :smile:, I'll be in on Saturday to let you know how the scan goes. :xxx3: to everyone.

My IVF Diary:

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 6:17pm

SLYFOXY - :goodluck: for tomorrow :D X

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Craigavon

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 7:55pm

Wow Slyfoxy - big fat juicy follie. Good luck for tomorrow. x

Cindy - we all get different twinges after IUI. Try not to read into it :O easier said than done...

Good luck croissant - three follies growing well.... :happy:

Little - good you've got your appointment coming up sweetie.

Hello everyone else. Must dash as DH coming home and haven't even started cooking anything...

xxx

Me 43, DH 38, TTC since July 05, unexplained infertility
3 x IUI Mar, June & Aug 09... :BFN:
IVF consultation Dec, discovered AMH 1.0 pmol/l, so unsure whether to cont pursuing IVF with own or donor egg... ?(

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 9:09pm

:party: :thumbsup2:

Just popped in for a quickie to say to all you lovely ladies, that it's great to see some action on here again !!

:goodluck: for tomorrow SLYFOXY your follie sounds nice and juicy XX

CROISSANT I think at 17mm they say it is mature and i think they like the follies to be 15mm or over. It's great you're back!! XX

CINDY and ESHA :heart:

Well lovely ladies i will write more tomorrow!

Reg: May 13th 2007

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 10:30pm

Hello Lovely Ladies.

Well I'm on day 9 of my 2ww and I'm finding tougher than the last time. I've been itching to test for the last couple of days.
I dont think I would be thinking like this if it wasnt for the STUPID nurse telling me I was pregnant already (oh and the clinic confirmed that it was to early to test aswell).

Last month AF arrived day 13, I keep thinking the worst and wonder if it will happen again come monday :o((

Tosborne: I too had a nightmare with the clinic moving to QA, I was calling leaving messages and no one called me back in the end I had to send in the Heavies (my Mum) as she worked on the new build and was able to go up and see them to book me an appointment.

Anyway havent been on here for a while and so much has gone on with everyone. Good Luck to you all
Hugs xx

Me 31
DH 40

May 09 1st IUI- :BFN:
July 09 2nd IUI- :BFN:
Aug 09 3rd IUI- :BFN:
Mar 10 1st IVF: AF before test- Failed
May 10 1st FET: :2ww

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 10:31pm

Just popping by to wish all you lovely ladies good luck! Keep up the PMA - it WILL happen!!!

Me 34 DH 29

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

1st IUI 9th Aug 08
BFP :smile:

Reg: Feb 11th 2009

Children: none

Friday, July 17th 2009, 10:23am

Hi rugrats

I'm glad I have found someelse at QA. I had a nightmare Monday and Wednesday going for my scans. Monday the muli storey ran out of tickets, so instead of letter people in without paying, they stopped the traffic if was a stand still, the other carpark at the top was full, and the overflow was locked. Wednesday, couldn't get parked for a while, and was late for the appt.

I wished that it was still at St Mary, never had a problem parking at all. It will only get worse at QA, as some of the day surgery and other departments are still to move.

Good Luck with your wait.

Tracey
Me 39 DH 38 Unexplained Fertility
1st IUI 27th January BFN ( Had a bad insemination) :BFN:
2nd IUI 28th aug :BFP:

Friday, July 17th 2009, 11:35am

Hello everyone!!

Littleflit - you're a boarder!! How lovely did you go away last season? I ski and we went to St.Anton in feb. Brilliant snow but still remember the apres ski more than anything else - especially the Krazy Kangaroo!! Thanks for the advise on exercising to gain weight. I really must join a Gym, but I'm so lazy...........I must stop spending my days in costa coffee...........!! xx

Croissant - your poor ankle! It is miserable getting a BFN after IUI. Had my BFN after IUI in JUne too, but maybe this is our month. Sounds like you have some good follicles. I'm having my IUi tomorrow, maybe we should spend the next couple of weeks in bed with our legs in the air (god that sounds rude, I meant for gravity so nothing comes out not hanky panky, although that's not a bad idea......)
I think a mature follie is anything over 16 xx

Cindy - That is one big photo gallery. What a good idea, I really must do something like that. After IUI last month I had a pain on my right side and was really bloated for the whole of my 2ww. I think it was the HCG shot. And, of course you wouldn't want their lives, but it is ok to feel jealous. My daughter asks all the time when can she have a baby brother or sister, and it breaks my heart. She even prays to god for one, and I really don't know where she got that from as we're not really religious!! But of course she is 5 so I can't explain why not. But chin up. I'm sure all this experience makes us better mothers. xx

Slyfox - GOOD LUCK!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Esha - Icecream!! That's a really good plan. I eat like a horse (a grazing one!) so trying to more is hard and leaves me feeling bloated and full all the time, but icecream will just skid down!! Maybe some full cream yoghurts too. I did see a dietician but she wasn't much help. Just told me to eat more nuts and protein!! Only 56 days left !! How exciting for you. How are you getting on trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in?!! Natures way of getting us ready for sleepless nights!! xx

Rugrats - Best of luck. Have a good weekend, try not to analyse every twinge and then testing day with a BFP will be here soon xx

Busy weekend for me. Off out tonight to see Michael McIntyre the comedian tonight, got my IUI 11.30 tomorrow morning, going to Yorkshire to my parents Saturday afternoon, going out for a meal with them Sat night, staying over then the whole family are going for Sunday dinner. Good to keep busy, just got to think what to do for another two weeks!! Downside of visiting my parents is we have to get a bit of nooky in on sat night at their house eeeek!!!!!!

Hello to anyone i've missed and have a great weekend everybody
Axx

9 months Clomid 150mg

Friday, July 17th 2009, 12:14pm

Looney, just give yourself time to rest after your IUI. I was OK straight after but as day wore on I just wanted to curl up on the sofa. Was fine the next day... you might be ok though, everyone is different.

Hello Pollyisa - good to see you on the boards, as one of our successes... hope the new baby is doing well.

Just picked my meds up (it's 1/2-hr drive away) and the nurse just rang to say she had given me someone else's prescription! It's the same stuff but I just need more. I seem to be stockpiling some things and she said she wasn't bothered if I brought them back, crazy when they would charge you up to 1300 for your meds for IVF.

Lx

IVF consultation Dec, discovered AMH 1.0 pmol/l, so unsure whether to cont pursuing IVF with own or donor egg... ?(

Friday, July 17th 2009, 12:51pm

RUGRATS honey sending you lots of babydust and PMA XX

TOSBOURNE hope the parking situation at you new clinic gets sorted out you don't need that kind of stress on top of everything else!! XX

LOONEY have a great night out :D and the best of luck with your IUI tomorrow!! Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you with your family. Enjoy and try not to make to much sound on Saturday night :P :snigger: XX

LOOPY X( silly nurse! hope you get the rest of your meds. Big XX

Hi POLLY XX

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "littleflit" (Jul 17th 2009, 12:51pm)

Friday, July 17th 2009, 1:12pm

Hi Loopy,

I was fine after my last IUI for a couple of days and then I got really tired. I think it was the HCG shot. So will relax next week and take it easy!! Good luck with your injections and have a great weekend

Littleflit - I am looking forward to this weekend, I don't get out very often !! Now that does make me sound a Looney!!
A xx

9 months Clomid 150mg

Lolly

Reg: Sep 23rd 2008

Children: yes please

Friday, July 17th 2009, 1:17pm

Hi there,

Im kinda new to posting, im always reading the posts but need some reassurance...

I am on day 9 of meds, my first scan on wednesday showed 6 follicles, , 3 each side - 1 x 13mm and two smaller on left and right ovary, however my scan today is now showing 2 follicles both on the right at 1 x 16mm and 1 x 14mm but none on the left? My lining is 8 mm and i am due to have the iui on Monday at 3.15. Does this all sound normal?

Im a huge worry wart and would really like some guidance from you as to wether all the measurements and timings are ok? my hcg shot is to be taken at midnight tomoz (sat night )

Also out of interest will the follicles get bigger over the weekend even if i have stopped taking my puregon today? I forgot to ask all the right questions this morning at the clinic.

Thank you

MrsW

Ace

Reg: Feb 27th 2008

Children: None but so ready to be a mummy

Friday, July 17th 2009, 2:09pm

Just wanted to pop by and say Hi to you all, :hello:
I haven't posted for some time as I wanted some time away from all of this. Since my last post we have had a consultation for our 1st attempt of IVF, I am starting on the down regging tomorrow, feeling very positive, also having acupunture as i know this is recommended.

How are you all doing ?

Any BFP'S ??

:xxx3:

Me 33 DH 34 Unexplained Infertility. Trying for almost 8 years
4 Failed attempts at IUI June 2008 - May 2009.
IVF August 2009. :BFN:
November 15th 2009 .. FET :BFN:
April 2010. 2nd attempt at IVF. Cycle Cancelled.
August 2011: IVF 1 Blastocyst Transferred. :BFN:

Still with hope.

My Diary

Friday, July 17th 2009, 3:36pm

Hi LOLLY and WELCOME :D I think that everything sounds just great. Yes your follies will keep growing when you stop the injections. I think they grow about 1- 2mm everyday so your follies will be a perfect size for IUI and the timing is excellent. They usually do it anytime between 24 to 48hrs, but i think 36hrs is around the best after the hcg shot!!

lurve MRSW so glad you are back :D so happy that you can start your IVF so soon!! I start my 2nd IUI in September XX

MARYLU got a BFP after her 3rd double IUI is she having twins :happy:
MARIEI got a BFP after her 1st IVF she is having one jelly bean :happy:
BETTYBOOP got a BFP after her 1st IVF she is having a scan today to see if she has 1 or 2 :happy:
AND I THINK THAT'S ALL SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN AWAY! SO LET'S PUT MORE babydust
ON HERE SO WE CAN ALL GET OUR BFP'S REAL SOON!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "littleflit" (Jul 17th 2009, 3:37pm)

esha

Star

Friday, July 17th 2009, 5:45pm

:hi: girls,

loony - your dietician said eat nuts, she is nuts :loony: mine was really good, she said to me to snack on icecream so maybe that will help you, maybe check on google to see what else you could do.

here is a website to help - http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/2302.aspx?ca…CategoryID=165, http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_livi…atis_gain.shtml

try these hun, ones a bbc website and the other is a nhs website, i'm sure they will help you.

Lolly - Welcome :wave: to IUI chit chat, your follies sound the right size to me, remember it does only take one follie to become PG so you have 2 good sized follies,

just drink lots of water and milk

Mrs W - welcome back hun, Hope you a good break and now your focused to start tx again, :goodluck: with everything and DR blowkiss

Little - hey hun, how you keeping???

Loopy - i agree with little what a silly nurse, hoprfully you will get your meds soon. :box: me boxing your nurse.

anyway take care girlies,

Baby Esha's Diary

Friday, July 17th 2009, 8:39pm

Hi ESHA darling [zx075] i'm good just finished work!!!

I JUST WANTED TO POST SOME REALLY GOOD NEWS ON THIS CHAT!!!
BETTYBOOP WENT FOR HER SCAN TODAY AND SHE IS HAVING TWINS :D BOTH HEALTHY HEARTBEATS AND THE RIGHT SIZE!! partee SHE IS 7w 2days!!

COME ON GIRLS WE CAN ALL DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
babydust

Reg: May 5th 2008

Friday, July 17th 2009, 10:10pm

Hiya Ladies

I hope you dont mind me jumping in.

I had iui last sunday, I have been fine all week but today (friday) I have been getting a few cramps, and tonight feel like I might get my period... even though its still a week off.

Is this normal? I also feel incredibly hormonal!

Just wondered if anyone else felt like this?

Bunnyx

Reg: Dec 13th 2008

Friday, July 17th 2009, 10:52pm

Hello Dear Ladies,

I'm lieing here in the hotel bed with feet up some resting. Had IUI today I timed when the swimmers was let loose this time which was at 10!15am LOL.. :O :O The last time had IUI it hurt a little but this time it went smoother. Even the RE said it was easier this time... :O I asked him how the follice looked an it was at 27 an was getting ready to pop soon. He told me it was getting really gray looking which means it's ready to go out the door.. The RE said it was perfect timing this time hope to goodness the swimmers can find their way this time.. This 4th SA Results was a little lower this time but it was 5 million before wash and 3 million after wash so I think that is great still.

Will take it easy an rest because I know tomorrow will be really tired an wanting to sleep most the time.

Just now have to wait an see what happens.. Which hope it does work this time...

Keeping fingers cross for me an everyone else on this board...

Love ye all... :D
Back trying again with IUI

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 9:52am

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone's weekend has got off to a good start !

Looney : I asked the doctor this morning and she confirmed that usually follicles have to be over 16mm to be mature. She also said it's complicated, but isn't everything ? ?(

Lolly : Welcome ! That sounds about right to me, but I'm not an expert ! Good luck for Monday !

Slyfoxy : Glad everything went well for you. Good luck on the 2 week wait. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you !!

That's amazing news about Bettyboop ! A real inspiration. Although the idea of two newborns does somewhat scare the **** out of me.

I had another scan this morning. I have two follicles now, one on each side. They are 19 (up from 14.5 on Thursday) and 15.5 (up from 12 on Thursday). On Thursday I had a third follicle at 8, which has shrunk, the doctor told me this was normal. The IUI will be on Monday. They're going to call me later today to let me know whether I have to take Oraglutran again or not (to slow things down in case I've started ovulating spontaneously). I'm feeling quite positive about it, although obviously trying not to get too excited :P. Last night I went to my first step class since I sprained my ankle, and really enjoyed it, which has also helped lift my spirits. Planning to go back tomorrow, then will ask the doctor for advice on what to do after the IUI.

Little, Cindy, Looopy, Esha : blowkiss

I hope evreryone is well, wishing you all a GREAT weekend !

My IVF Diary:

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 1:31pm

Good luck Croissant and Lolly for your IUIs on Mon. And to Little for your appt, and to SlyFoxy Miss Pupo...and Looney hope today went ok. Wouldn't it be great to get a big surge of BFPs on here...?

Lx

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 8:35am

Hi GIRLS,

hope you are all having a good weekend :D

I am having quite a teary one...my sis (younger) text me yesterday to tell me that she is indeed pregnant, and whilst I am happy for her and BIL I can't stop crying and feeling sad for me and DF. I am feeling so angry with the world at the mo and am beginning to feel like there is no way in the world that our tx will have worked this month now :sadface: The thought of watching yet another one of my younger sister's go through what I (and all of us on here) so desperately want to be able to go through is killing me!! I really don't think I can stick around and watch her belly get bigger and bigger without completely losing it and having another emotional breakdown!! Why when you are just starting to pick yourself up and feel a bit more positive does something always come along to knock you right back down again!! Sorry girls I just needed to get it out..am feeling really sorry for myself at and I just feel completely flattened!!

LOLLY - :hello: and GOOD LUCK for your IUI 2moz :D X

BUNNY2TOT - I am feeling like that at the mo...had IUI on Monday and have had af type cramps since Thursday so it sounds normal to me, but this is my first IUI so I am not as experienced as some of the other girlies on here!! GOOD LUCK - I hope you get your BFP!! X

SLYFOXY - CONGRATULATIONS on being PUPO (now I know what it means :snigger:) I hope this is the one for you xfingers X

CROISSANT - I'm glad you enjoyed your first step class back after your poorly ankle :D GOOD LUCK for you IUI 2moz X

LITTLE - :goodluck: for your first appointment 2moz hun...be thinking about you X

LOOPY - what a cock-up!!!! I hope you get the right meds this time, and GOOD LUCK with the downregging X

HI ESHA, MRSW, LOONEY, CHAMPAGNE, RENE, 2MUMS, POLLYISA, FADI and EVERYONE ELSE (gosh there are so many of us now!!)

LOADSA LOVE and babydust to you ALL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 6:25pm

BUNNY..Welcome.. I think it's normal to get pains and hormonal during the 2WW because of the meds and our hormones going crazy :snigger: Lets all pray that the pains are implantation and you will get your BFP this month :D

SLYFOXY Congrats on being PUPO take it easy now let's all pray for BFP's XX

CROISANT i'm glad you're feeling Positive!! Your follies sound great keep us informed. Exercising is good for make you feel better so i should get of my
B O T T O M :P

Thanks LOOPY :heart: It would be wonderful to get lots of BFP's on here. woohoo come on girlie's we can do it!!!

CINDY :hugs: sending you PMA and big XXXXXXXXXXXx

Reg: May 13th 2007

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 6:42pm

Oh Dear, Please dont shout at me ladies!

I couldnt help myself it was driving me insane. Day 11 of 2WW and tested, I can hear the screams of 'why' from you guys..

Well to be honest it wasnt worth it, BFN booooo. My test day is this saturday 25th im going away that weekend and didnt want to be gloomy, but I guess its not the final result and will have to test again anyway.
So, ive prepared myself for the worst and anything else is a bonus.

STINKER76- I to have had a tearful day, I had a barny with DH this morning about the state he leaves the house in, ended up crying ALOT with frustration. Now I'm all worn out and looking forward to my bed.
I'm sorry to hear your pain. I know so many people that seem to fall pregnant so easy and you feel like your lagging behind.

To everyone on there 2ww stay positive and DONT test early.

Love to all x

Me 31
DH 40

May 09 1st IUI- :BFN:
July 09 2nd IUI- :BFN:
Aug 09 3rd IUI- :BFN:
Mar 10 1st IVF: AF before test- Failed
May 10 1st FET: :2ww

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 7:57pm

Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind me popping on here. I am waiting to start IUI and post on the GRI thread. We were due to be starting in Sept, but called last month and they said it would more likely me Nov, which was a bit of a blow.

But it's nice to read all your stories, I am wishing you all success with your tx.

Esha - I see that you were also at the GRI - can I ask, how did you find the treatment there? Any tips? Did you start on time? I was wondering if the three IUI don't work do you go straight to IVF or do you have to wait the remaining amount of time for the waiting list (ie if IVF is 22 months and IUI is twelve, and doesn't work, do I have to wait another 10 months before I can start IVF?) Just in case you happen to know.

Stacey - didn't realise they cancelled the cycle, Bummer! Hope you can get started soon, maybe we will be starting around the same time? Maybe see you there! Catch you on the GRI thread.

Good luck to all!

Love and babydust!

Julz xx

PS DH and I are on cycle 24 of ttc, with not a sniff of a bfp, I am 26 and he is 30. Hoping that we might get a miracle soon! ;)

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

esha

Star

Monday, July 20th 2009, 12:06am

:wave: girls,

how are you all?? i'm good just waddling along like a penguin :snigger:

BB - GreatNews congratulations on your twins, now take care my sweetie no heavy lifting for you.

Little- :goodluck: on your appointment

Slyfoxy - Congrats on being PUPO

Cindy - please don't be dishearted, be strong and positive i know it's hard when friends and reatives fall pregnant before you and you have been trying fo r ages, one day your turn will come.

Rugrats - :hugs: please don;t be dishearted with your test either as it's to early for the bfp to show, your really need to have patience i did not test at all I had to go and give my blood and they rang me later that day to tell me my good news, so try and be patient you will get your bfp, I remember when i went for my blood test and i said to my nurse please can you give me another burselling spray just incase i don't get good news, she said to me i knwo you won't need but i'll give it you, I thnk she knew it was good news and you will get your's also

Bunny - cramps are normal in the 2ww due to the nedication you had been taking this makes you bloated, nauceous and sick and also you can get headaches, please don't try and read to much into the twinges and cramps, Drink lots of water and Milk - i was really emotional inmy 2ww but was very calm and patient.

Loopy - how was your weeken??? what did you get up to??? I like reading about your weekends, they make me smile,

Julz - I found GRI really good, they were really helpful, one of the nurses, kept babling on and on, me and SIL used to look at each other and laugh as she repeated herself 20 times, they are all helpfull, I know you get 3 iui's on nhs but don't know how many ivf's you get, i went through 1 iui and it was sucessful on my first go, I'm sure you wouldnt need to wait to long if you transferred staright form iui to ivf, Yo should maybe ask one of th e nurses there. To tell you the truth te consultants arn't tihat great Who's your consultant???

it is all the nurses do everything and they will give you as much info as they can, and when they say they will call you between a time frame they usually call you beforehand. The iui nurses are me anreally nice also me & dh talke the nurses and about Dubai with the nurses and didn't even know the nurse had preformed iui within minutes.

Croissant - your follies sound great bigkiss

blowkiss to everyone and :hello: to mrs w, fadi, renee, pollysia, champgane and anyone else i ahev forgotten.

Baby Esha's Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "esha" (Jul 20th 2009, 12:08am)

Monday, July 20th 2009, 12:44pm

Hello Ladies,

Hello Lolly, best of luck today. Hope everything goes well and the 2WW flies by for you.

Esha - I thought she was nuts too. The icecream plan is working well. I'm munching my way through tons of the stuff. Currently working my way through tesco's shelves and have decided it is my mission to eat eat a tub of every single one they sell. Thanks so much for the website links, they are really informative and a great help x

Littleflit - good luck on your appt. Looking forward to hearing about it x

Slyfox - lots of sticking wishes for you. It sounds like everything went well. Take it easy and hope this is your BFP

Croissant - Good luck, good luck, good luck!! Hope everything goes well. We'll be on our 2ww together. Got my period 16 days after iui last time so test date will be about the same. I hope it's your time x

Cindy - I want to give you a huge hug, wrap you up snugly and feed you chocolate and wine. I know what you mean about feeling flattened. Last month got my period after IUI on the sat morn and the following morn a friend of ours phoned to say she's pregnant. She married in April, conceived on honeymoon on the first month of trying. Straight after the call I had meltdown. I wanted to shout it's not fair (actually i think i might have done and I may have stamped my feet!!) 5 years trying to conceive with daughter and now another 5 years. 10 years of my life trying for a baby. AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!! This journey can only make us stronger Cindy. Lets blame our emotions on the drugs and don't forget this month might be your month, and if not what's to say next month won't be xx

Rugrats - it could still be positive you naughty girl!! Keep taking it easy and be patient.

Well, I had IUI on saturday morning. Good job it wasn't on the friday as the comedian we went to see was hilarious. I haven't laughed so much in ages, it made my tummy hurt!! Anyway, it went ok, fingers crossed for my lonely follie!! Yesterday though I felt as if I had done a 100 sit ups. My tummy feels really strained. I can't remember feeling so sore and tender last time. Don't tell me off, but I can't imagine for a single second that it has worked this month, but feeling positive ready for next month!! Has anybody had reflexology for infertility? I think I might try it this month. I've had the odd session in spa's on holiday and it was really relaxing so seems a good idea to me!!

Axx

PS a big hello to everyone :smile:

9 months Clomid 150mg

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Looney" (Jul 20th 2009, 12:47pm)

Monday, July 20th 2009, 1:18pm

Hello everyone,

I had my IUI this morning. DP went in at 7.30 then me at 9.30 (36 hours after trigger, just like last time). The doctor who did the insemination also said something about a higher risk of twins with two mature follies. I feel they're putting extra pressure on me. I mean if they're talking about twins, and I get a BFN in the end, doesn't that mean there's something seriously wrong, maybe with my eggs ? I'd been hoping to go back to the gym quite quickly to keep my mind off the 2ww, so I asked the doctor who said ok, but nothing too intense, at least not for the first five days ?(. Its quite a nice day today, so I think I might just go for a nice long walk, the fresh air will do me good. And my blood test will be on August 5th (16 DPIUI, - last time it was done at 14IUI). Wonder why this might be ?? Anyway, now I just have to try to not go mad during the 2ww . . . . .

Cindy : I'm really sorry things are so tough for you at the moment. I don't think I can really say anything to make you feel better. Have a good cry to get it out, and then I'm sure you'll start to feel better. When I'm feeling down I often compare myself to other people, but you'll soon feel stronger and more hopeful. I'm really hoping your tx will work out for you this month. But if they don't you WILL get there, and I'm sure that this whole experience of hope end disappointment will make motherhood an even more amazing experience for us than for most other people. We'll be great mums ! :hugs:

Little : Hope you're feeling good today. How did your appointment go ? :xxx:

Rugrats : Hope you're feeling better than yesterday. I've also taken to cleaning the house (or the car!) when I'm feeling moody, and it's a pretty good way to work off the negative energy. Also having a nice clean house at the end makes me happy ! Good luck for the offocial test :sticky:

Julz : Welcome to the thread. Hope you'll get your BFP soon !

Loopy : Thanks for the good wishes. How are you ? Are you downregging for your next cycle ?

Esha : Hope you're feeling great. You're a luv :smile:

A big hello to everyone else !

My IVF Diary:

Monday, July 20th 2009, 1:23pm

Looney,

Looks like we just crossed posts. Thanks so much for the PMA. I think you've got the right attitude, I don't think believing or not makes any difference to the outcome and it might avoid a lot of pointless stress ! :hugs: for the 2ww.

My IVF Diary:

Monday, July 20th 2009, 1:41pm

Hi girlies,

The appointment today was good the lady was really nice :happy: Actually i spent most of the time talking about my sister and her problems :snigger: I go back next Monday for a visit and we will start to work on my feelings and making me better!!! I'm feeling a little unwell at the moment don't know if it's due to lowering the dose of the medication or i'm a bit sick??

RUGRATS naughty girl :snigger: you still have nearly a week left so nothing's for sure!! Stay positive and have a great weekend away X

JULZ Welcome honey and hoping you get your BFP soon!! X

ESHA penguin :snigger: my friend is due to give birth in 3wks. I saw her last night and her belly is really popping haha. X

LOONEY great news about your IUI sending you lots of PMA and vibes for a BFP. X

CROISSANT great news about your IUI too!! YAY we have lots of girlies on here at the moment PUPO :D X

babydust

Monday, July 20th 2009, 3:39pm

Hello ladies...

Little - glad your lady was nice. It's important to have someone you feel comfortable talking to. Do you talk to her in español? Maybe it was your testing day - talking about someone else is easier than opening your own feelings up... next time. Hope you're not coming down with something.

Croissant and Looney - good luck misses pupos. Here's a couple of :angel2: :angel2: to look over you in the next couple of weeks...

Cindy - it hits you hard when you're in the middle of treatment, have been through so much and everyone else seems to have no probs. Or even if they do, it seems they overcome them and you can't. In the middle of my 2ww, discovered a former colleague was 14wks and she had been through breast cancer and five years of hormonal therapy. She didn't know I was having treatment - very happy for her as she has had troubles I've never had, but it still felt like a blow. I was thinking that after all that chemo, radio, drugs and even she can manage it... so how come I can't?? I know it feels like every time someone else gets pregnant you take a step backwards, always behind, never quite getting there, so frustrating when you have control over most other aspects of your life and health. Just stay with it, keep talking and fill your life with worthwhile things.

Welcome Julz - the wait can be awful. I was told I would have my IUI last April (2008) and would only have to wait 3 months, but my health authority wouldn't pay for it there so I had to transfer to another hospital, which took until Christmas. Finally spoke to nurse end of Jan and did my first go in March. Still, you have time to enjoy the summer and get yourself fit and healthy. Come and chat to the ladies here when you're down.

Welcome bunny - another Miss Pupo! We all get twinges of different sorts, and it's kinda difficult to compare them. Just keep busy and come for a chat when you want.

Rugrats - hang in there. still might be a BFP :dust: :sticky:
Sly - you too girl!

Esha - tick-tock, the days are going past quickly... once the summer hols are over, you'll be there!!
I try to keep busy, not with just work but other things. If the ultimate outcome is not what I want, then I have to make sure there is value to my life. Having a lovely DH is one thing, but being involved with the ambulance corps is another. Yesterday we had a duty at the Ulster Gaelic Football Final, my first Gaelic football match. I loved it and lucky for us there was no incident during the match. No so lucky for someone on their way... we came across an accident, head-on collision between a motorbike and a car. We offered help but the Garda (police) said it was taken care of now (two ambulances already there) but was fatal - the biker's arm was severed and he died. I thought about it all day, even though we hadn't dealt with it, and was so glad to be climbing into bed with my own bike-riding husband at the end of the day. :O

Good luck all babydust
Lx

Monday, July 20th 2009, 3:40pm

PS. Wasnt such a big deal about the meds... I had the right meds was just short of some, so picked them up today. I start downregging tomorrow...

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 13th 2006

Monday, July 20th 2009, 3:46pm

see when you downreg and af comes, is that only supposed to happen the once or every month?? when my prostap ran out i was told to keep d/r with the spray to go straight into another cycle, but i think today af has come?i'm so confused! ?(

Monday, July 20th 2009, 5:45pm

Hi Stacey
I think you need to double check with your nurse, but I start d/reg on day 21 and when AF arrives continue taking the spray until the booster injection before the IUI. At the same time I start stimms on day 1 of new cycle and continue until they say stop and do the booster injection. Different hospitals have different protocols so please check first.
Lx

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 13th 2006

Monday, July 20th 2009, 7:23pm

i'm sure thats the way they mentioned, but because i dont usually have af they induced it last time...by the time it had came on today the acs suite was shut!! they shut at 330 :(

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Monday, July 20th 2009, 7:33pm

Hi ladies,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am starting to get excited about tx now, trying not to get my hopes up cause I know it might not work but I am hopeful. Just wish it wasn't delayed and that it could start sooner, but hey what's a couple more months when we've been waiting this long?!?

Stacey - hope you get it figured out, sounds complicated.

Hope everyone else is feeling alright with all the drugs etc. I am just back from my counselling session and now not gonna have one til the middle of Aug and hopefully then that will be it. Back to normal?!? Plan is to just forget about trying for the next couple of months and just get on with the rest of life, if you can do that?!?

Anyhoo... love and babydust to all

xx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Clairey

Reg: Jun 30th 2009

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 7:52am

Hi everyone,

Don't know all your names yet, so will just wish you all the best of luck and keep fingers crossed that there are BFPs this month.

I have decided to try IUI first, so will start next month. We are private not NHS but I still think worth a try and hoping that this will work. If not though using it as a tester for IVF. Excited that something is happening but nervous about it all.

Keep positive.

Clairey
Clairey

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 8:49am

Hi Clairey, welcome to the boards. It does take a while to get your head round taking all the meds but you'll find lots of support here.

I started my third round of IUI today, downregging with Suprecur.

Lx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE